Looking for book recommendations

2»

Comments

• DreadpiratkevinDreadpiratkevin Silver Member Posts: 154
    I would recommend Your God is too Safe and the even better The Holy Wild by Mark Buchanan.  They are not overtly relationship books, but they are definitely Red Pill Christianity.  

It's a shame he has rejected Wild at Heart, that and Waking the Dead are both excellent works, and in my opinion the very best of Christian Red Pill teaching.  That John's theology is not exactly like mine is really irrelevant to me, and doesn't in the least affect the central message of the books.  Don't take this wrong, I know many who would be the same way, but it's kind of sad that atheist authors and evolutionary biology are OK, but a Christian with a different theology is not.  

If you're looking for a reference heavy Biblical exegesis on Red Pill relationships I don't think you'll find it.  For one thing such a book simply wouldn't sell enough to even get published.  
    A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what a ship is for! 
  • AvalinetteAvalinette In the kitchenSilver Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi @Dreadpiratkevin‌ Thanks for your input. I'll pass your suggestions on to my H (Your first link is broken btw: links to the wrong book). The thing about theology being important is two part: firstly, H's Christian friend wants a Christian book to read alongside the atheistic NNMNG specifically for theologically correct perspective on NNMNG's teachings, so the theology is important in this context . Secondly, as a Christian reading an atheistic work, one knows to evaluate religious and philosophical claims carefully and it's obvious when they're wrong, whereas when reading a Christian book that's a little off kilter problems are harder to spot and therefore more insidious.