Soft Initiating leads to shit test?

Comments

• redheaded_womanredheaded_woman USASilver Member Posts: 4,739

@newredpillrecruit‌ said "In short: I think "yellow" is a shit test"

I've put the kids to bed with a headache exhausted and fairly sure I'm on the red end of yellow.

But, then I get in bed with my husband and snuggle up to his warm mostly naked muscles and the switch flips and I'm interested.

Is it a shit test?

Or is that just my body's natural reaction to his body?

"I just surprised myself and realized that I know very little about your back story, RHW.

Not sure of athol's exact wording, but this is probably what he calls an UPWARD relationship trajectory. If you had a downward (or even not upwards for long enough, which is where a lot of guys here get frustrated) trajectory, you would probably be more likely to red him regardless of how warm and muscled up he is.

Maybe you just weren't as close to red as you thought?

Or he's just so bloody muscled up that you couldn't help yourself..."

Well, he does have some very fine biceps.....and when he's already warmed up the blankets....

Consider the RADS flipped!

"Fuck yesterday, make tomorrow awesome." - Tennee
    newredpillrecruitKatt
  • KheldarKheldar IndianaSilver Member Posts: 1,565
    Not sure I agree. Some of the best memories of my life have been goofy, fun times I had with my buddies or with family members. They didn't make me work hard. I don't value them any less. Those times are things I wouldn't trade.

So, maybe there is something that makes working hard to have sex with your wife a prerequisite to its enjoyment or value or importance. But, it's not fundamentally (or at least not solely) because nothing of value comes without work. Additional explanation would seem to be required.
    KattMiddleManEightbitredheaded_woman
  • fredlessfredless Silver Member Posts: 2,842
    Katt said:
    My husband works for my attraction which makes me want to have sex with him. He works to maintain the relationship which makes me comfortable to stay in it. He works for the sex by initiating properly and escalating through any teasing (which was part of my confusion up thread; I didn't consider teasing = resistance/ soft no). I don't see any benefit in arbitrarily actually saying no just to make it harder on him. If I actually wasn't attracted or was feeling really sick or upset about something, sure. But just to keep up the degree if difficulty? Not so much. He works plenty to keep me around and to keep me attracted.
    Exactly.
    Katt
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898
    @UnBetaMe‌ said: "This makes sense intuitively. However, not for those of us that feel we are putting in the necessary work , but not being rewarded for it."

I feel the same way. (Probably because you and I started MAPping at around the same time.) I think we have to give this time to work; that's what I keep seeing. What's the rule of thumb? A month of MAP per year of marriage?
  • KheldarKheldar IndianaSilver Member Posts: 1,565
    MiddleMan said:
    @UnBetaMe‌ said: "This makes sense intuitively. However, not for those of us that feel we are putting in the necessary work , but not being rewarded for it." I feel the same way. (Probably because you and I started MAPping at around the same time.) I think we have to give this time to work; that's what I keep seeing. What's the rule of thumb? A month of MAP per year of marriage?
    Is that month per year based on anything in particular or just something that's been thrown around frequently enough that it's become common wisdom? Don't get me wrong -- generally the longer you've been fucking something up, the longer it's going to take you to fix. That principle makes sense, and I'm sure it applies in nearly every case. But I'm wondering if the actual 1:12 ratio just came out of someone's ass one day.
    newredpillrecruitRico
  • KattKatt USASilver Member Posts: 4,554
    @UnBetaMe‌ @MiddleMan‌

I know you guys don't feel you're getting out what you put in. I believe you will get there and i know you especially unbetame are seeing progress already. It takes time to break patterns and establish new ones.

I was more responding to my own prior concern that I might be too sexually available because I don't ever actually say no. So it was sort of my summary of the ways he does work for sex; it's not just pussy on a silver platter for a guy who doesn't deserve it.
    newredpillrecruit
  • _io_io Silver Member Posts: 1,821
    Kheldar said:
    MiddleMan said:
    @UnBetaMe‌ said: "This makes sense intuitively. However, not for those of us that feel we are putting in the necessary work , but not being rewarded for it." I feel the same way. (Probably because you and I started MAPping at around the same time.) I think we have to give this time to work; that's what I keep seeing. What's the rule of thumb? A month of MAP per year of marriage?
    Is that month per year based on anything in particular or just something that's been thrown around frequently enough that it's become common wisdom? Don't get me wrong -- generally the longer you've been fucking something up, the longer it's going to take you to fix. That principle makes sense, and I'm sure it applies in nearly every case. But I'm wondering if the actual 1:12 ratio just came out of someone's ass one day.

Yes, but it is a good rule of thumb and not completely inaccurate. Feel free to do the meta-analysis and get back to us with the scientifically measured time tables.
    newredpillrecruitAngeline
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898
    Thanks, @fredless‌, I will. The red pill is bitter. And I'm impatient. But I'm doing the work. And I'm trusting the MAP.
    [Deleted User]newredpillrecruitRedIsTheNewBlack
  • hoping4betterhoping4better Member Posts: 1,223
    MiddleMan said:
    Thanks, @fredless‌, I will. The red pill is bitter. And I'm impatient. But I'm doing the work. And I'm trusting the MAP.

Keep in mind it will take her 3-6 months to even notice the changes, then more to believe the changes, then more to perceive the changes are real and she needs to get her shit together.  This is where the 1 month MAP per year of relationship yardstick comes from.  She doe snot see you in real time yet.
    MiddleManseph