Athol Kay on the "Art of Charm" Podcast

Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046
Check out me on The Art of Charm podcast #239 with Jordan Harbinger.

What you'll learn....

Why Alpha and Beta are different traits.

Why Beta doesn't count unless you're Alpha.

Why the Three Love Systems are important.

Why I worry about a great relationship dropping down into just a good relationship, rather than terribly relationship moving up to being just a bad relationship.

Why you have to stop whining.

Why you have to know the difference between a Fitness Test and a Loyalty Test.

Why you have to take "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" really, really seriously.

Why you have to lead in your relationship and how to do it so she doesn't think you're being a jerk about it.

Was a fun show to do. Let me know what you think about it!

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

Mr_BrownScarletPhoenixDownHildaCornersEinManal2682ozzyTiberiusnewredpillrecruitMiddleManSerenityIm_a_ManRapunzelMariaGuitarslingerbetazoidEightbitLurcky[Deleted User][Deleted User]Flaming_Man_of_Iron[Deleted User][Deleted User]shibariLiquidSoundNBeck

Comments

• Mr_BrownMr_Brown east coastSilver Member Posts: 3,636
    Just got done listening to it... It's a great intro to "what it's all about!" I've shared it with a couple friends I've been "coaching" who don't like to read.

Athol I'd love to hear you tackle some other podcasts!
    Been an uphill battle, both ways, in three feet of snow, with newspapers for shoes, but I'm a better man for it!
    Im_a_ManLurcky[Deleted User]
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898
    I just downloaded it. Looking forward to listening to it on my commute tomorrow.
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898
    I listened to it this morning. Nice job; I think this will bring in some new participants.
  • PaisleyParkPaisleyPark Fuck Cancer!Silver Member Posts: 124
    I would for sure subscribe to a monthly podcast! Nice work.
    You Be the Change!
  • SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    Kick Ass Athol Kay!

Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    Gonna listen during my workout. Don't make me laugh.  :-S

newredpillrecruitAngeline
  • EinManEinMan Silver Member Posts: 638
    I appreciated the topic, which was how to eventually (and simply) turn the "alpha tricks" we start out with into simple behaviors and it explains how we can "spend a few" beta moments and not be a wimp or unattractive.  I brought my wife a coke yesterday when she asked.  I also got laid last night. Twice. Of course, I did put up a shelf and made drilling and hammering sounds.

But Athol addresses the longer term of how to act after instituting corrective behaviors which are hard to carry on.
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046
    So... how much would you pay for a routine podcast is the question.

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

• EventHorizonEventHorizon Silver Member Posts: 44
    How routine? 
    newredpillrecruitJellyBean
    Say every two weeks. There's a lot that goes into them.

• Katerina_MinolaKaterina_Minola AustraliaSilver Member Posts: 64
    iam44 said:

Too bad he sounds like a Kiwi, but other than that, not bad.

Lol. I logged in to say that the last couple of decades have created a trans-Pacific twang that sounds really odd to a Down Under ear. Like my North American friends who've lived here for a long time. The vowels go funny :-D

But the content is great. And now I have another podcast to explore. I love podcasts.
  • ScarletScarlet Category Moderator** Posts: 7,542
    Same as nrprecruit. I avoid subscriptions, but I would definitely pay for podcasts on specific topics. Maybe $3-5? I think?
    Speak your truth. 
  • RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    edited March 2014
    Well, I pay 15 dollars a month for a podcast but I get several episodes a week of that one. I guess I'd pay a couple of dollars per podcast. But if its only every two weeks then maybe more.
    Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
    Angeline
  • ValmontValmont Gold Men Posts: 384
    Great work. Yeah, I'd pay for it. (The podcast, that is. Grow up, people!)

It's interesting to hear my US brethren saying you sound Kiwi. I found your accent to be so all over the place, including multiple US inflections, that I was just thinking: "man, how many cities has this dude lived in?!"

Son of New Zealand. Resident of the US. Citizen of the World.

A wise man once said..... nothing. 

He got laid a lot. 
    EinManJellyBean
  • PajamarichPajamarich USAMember Posts: 11
    Enjoyed the podcast. I would definitely listen to a regular podcast but I wouldn't pay. Use it to plug books and your coaching services. Build your MMSL empire with it. Figure out other ways to monetize it.
    MiddleManBoneDaddyJive
  • MongrelMongrel Pennsylvania, USASilver Member Posts: 1,869
    Conundrum. The problem is, in the podcast he can go into detail on various subjects, so as a means to promote the books/coaching he would, in a way, be stealing from one thing to create another. Why buy the books when he's giving it away on the podcast, unless he's charging for the podcast, but how willing am I to pay for that?

As much as I love all things Athol Kay, would I pay to listen to his funny accent for an hour?  Only if I was assured of getting substantially more than a re-hash of what is already in the books I own. Now, an hour-long podcast of Jen Kay telling us what it's like to live with Mr. Kay...yeah, that I'd pay for. ;)

So, assuming Athol brings content to the table, would I pay, and how often?  Frankly, my time is limited. I think a podcast a month would be plenty.  Subscription? Maybe. I'd have to really get something out of it (make the first one free, or stand alone?). I may just prefer to buy them by subject matter (for example, an hour discussing low-T isn't going to be useful to me). I'm intrigued, but not sure how willing I'd be to commit.

BTW, the part in the podcast about picking what you want for dinner amazed me, and I'm going to implement that (I don't recall reading this anywhere, so is fresh content, and the kind of thing I'd expect on a regular subscription).
    "If you're not happy with your life, you've got to identify why, and do something about it." -- Mandrill
    "Treating her like a princess didn't make me a prince, it made me a servant."
    Link to triage questions:  http://marriedmansexlife.com/triage-your-relationship-and-the-911-er-category/

dewyTPokeMiddleManScarlet
  • VerethragnaVerethragna USAGold Men Zen Garden Posts: 1,656
    @Athol_Kay How long would the podcasts be? I like the season pass approach so I can manage the cost. I use gift cards to manage the cost at $50 dollars at most every 2-3 months.

I'd buy the books again if there was an audio book version because then I could listen to it in the car.
    [Deleted User]

I don't have specific thoughts on podcasts / length / frequency / topic / yada yada yada. Content, delivery and branding as ongoing topics of discussion between myself and the other coaches.