MMSL Fitocracy group

Comments

• Monkeys_UncleMonkeys_Uncle RuralGold Men Posts: 4,045

I'm looking the site over.  Is there any way to create or import commercial workouts like p90x, supreme 90 day, etc... as opposed to entering each individual exercise you do in each routine?    I'd be interested in doing this if I could "one click" my workouts. 

"My advice to you is get married:  if you find a good wife you'll be happy, if not, you'll become a philosopher." -Socrates

• mrsozzymrsozzy texasGold Women Posts: 1,950

I'm looking the site over.  Is there any way to create or import commercial workouts like p90x, supreme 90 day, etc... as opposed to entering each individual exercise you do in each routine?    I'd be interested in doing this if I could "one click" my workouts. 

Yes, I did see those while browsing. It's not easy to find on mobile though.
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632

You can input it all, then "Save As Routine" before you complete the workout.

zeroday

Made a profile for "Monkeys_Uncle".  Send me an invite.  I'll have to figure out a way to import my workouts before I use it (striking out so far).  Manually logging each one I do and saving it would take hours. 

But it looks like a cool app, and I can use the extra accountability.

"My advice to you is get married:  if you find a good wife you'll be happy, if not, you'll become a philosopher." -Socrates

@Monkeys_Uncle‌ You can create reusable routines. I'll put together a "how to" later today.

I think I got everyone invited... Let me know if I missed you.

I explained how to save routines under Monkeys_Uncle's latest post on the group page.

Thanks, RPW.  I was hoping there would be a way to import the existing routines but it looks like that is a no go.  Between the two programs I plan to be using over the next 3 or 4 months, there are at least 13 different routines I'd have to enter, not counting the HIIT cardio stuff.  That's a lot of time entering data for a guy who is specifically picking programs that help save time. 

Also it seems like it wants me to upgrade to the paid version to be able to save routines. 

May not be a good fit for me, but I'll play around with it for a few days.  It's definitely a cool concept.  I liked making it to Level 4 on my first workout!

• KathrynthegreatKathrynthegreat TeamAmazonWarriorPrincessMember Posts: 3,770
    I rarely do the same workout twice either, @Monkeys_Uncle.  That said it took me like 5 minutes or less to enter today's workout.  
    Version3
    edited April 2014

I had to spend a bunch of time trying to figure out the real names of the lifts I was doing.

Tony Horton just makes up shit as he goes along, I think.    No listing on Fitocracy for skyfers,flippers, or monkey pumps (that last one made me a bit nervous when he said we were going to do it).

PhoenixDownRapunzelBetaGeek
    @Monkeys_Uncle‌ There's a "General P90X" exercise, just put in the time you spent doing it. Not as cool, but an easier option.

Monkeys_Uncle
  • ernesternernestern Memphis TNSilver Member Posts: 529
    Sign me up...UID: ernestern
    "A woman may forgive you for being a dick, but she will never forgive you for being a pussy."
    PhoenixDownredheaded_woman
    @ms_fit, what's your username on there?

Gotcha!

• BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530
    superherobg

I will try this even though I am nursing a shoulder injury.
    It's good beta.
    PhoenixDown
    Hey @redheaded_woman‌, I think @ms_fit is having the same problem joining the group as you did... What did you do to fix it?

• redheaded_womanredheaded_woman USASilver Member Posts: 4,739
    The app on my phone was screwy so I went to the full site.

After I accepted on the full site, the app started working and I haven't had to use the full site again.

Hope that helps @Ms_Fit‌!!

"Fuck yesterday, make tomorrow awesome." - Tennee
  • RapunzelRapunzel Very High TowerSilver Member Posts: 1,503
    I also had to use the full site to join otherwise it would never actually add me. :)

When the going gets tough apply lipstick.

The universe doesn't give you what you ask for with your thoughts; it gives you what you demand with your actions. ~ Steve Maraboli

Glad it worked.

Look at you all, leveling like crazy. ;)