So you can compare your body to the average

SManSMan Silver Member Posts: 1,126
Just thought it would be interesting to have this image up so people (Americans, actually) can look in the mirror and see how much further ahead of the average their bodies are :) as they MAP.

According to the CDC the average American male is 5'9" tall & 196 lb, with a 40" waist

the female average is 5'4" tall & 166 lb, with a 38" waist

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/bodymeas.htm

Here's an image done by Yahoo News showing what bodies with those average measurements look like:

JellyBean[Deleted User]

Comments

• RapunzelRapunzel Very High TowerSilver Member Posts: 1,503
    edited April 2014
    I don't think it was supposed to be flattering (and I think neither are) but how much more awesome we can be than average by mapping. Looks like pre-map I was quite average (but my boobs were no where near that big :)) ) at 5'4"  & 168 lb, with a 36" waist. Now in the 140's with a 30 inch waist. I wonder what the average is for women over 40? :-?

When the going gets tough apply lipstick.

The universe doesn't give you what you ask for with your thoughts; it gives you what you demand with your actions. ~ Steve Maraboli

[Deleted User]
  • SManSMan Silver Member Posts: 1,126
    edited April 2014
    he needs to stuff his pants...
    LOL- Glad to see there's some red-blooded readers on this forum :)>- .  I think the artist's idea was to de-emphasise the genitalia. This is an American article, after all.

Having said that, should any guys wish to stuff, or pad as they say in America, there's a handy dandy pre-stuffed product available now :) :

http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/10584/package-enhancers
  • growingafamilygrowingafamily chicagoSilver Member Posts: 1,841
    It's throwing me off by having them side-by-side. The woman looks like she's supposed to be taller than average, because she's as tall as the man.
    [Deleted User]
    It's throwing me off by having them side-by-side. The woman looks like she's supposed to be taller than average, because she's as tall as the man.
    You're right @growingafamily , because the woman has been resized to be the same height as the man in the image, she looks like she has a bigger head, in fact her whole body looks bigger.

If someone who can use those photo programs could take the image of the woman and shrink it down by the ratio of 64"/69" then you could see a side-by-side comparison of the man & woman.
  • alcockellalcockell Reading, UKSilver Member Posts: 529
    SMan said:
    he needs to stuff his pants...
    LOL- Glad to see there's some red-blooded readers on this forum :)>- .  I think the artist's idea was to de-emphasise the genitalia. This is an American article, after all.

Having said that, should any guys wish to stuff, or pad as they say in America, there's a handy dandy pre-stuffed product available now :) :

http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/10584/package-enhancers
    Or the old cucumber wrapped in foil...

PhoenixDown
    @Rapunzel said:
    I wonder what the average is for women over 40? :-?
    If you go to the CDC link, @Rapunzel , you'll find you can download a big ol PDF of statistics broken down into groups, including by age bracket.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/bodymeas.htm

• KathrynthegreatKathrynthegreat TeamAmazonWarriorPrincessMember Posts: 3,770
    Sorry @Lostanddistraught.   :(  That would be way better.
    edited April 2014
    You know what would be amazing is if you could put in your measurements and then the measurements you would like to have and it would give you a list of all the exercises you need to do to get down to those measurements as well as how much weight you would need to lose to get there, including how many calories per day.
    I think that may be asking too much but a girl can dream...

Haha @Lostanddistraught that's called "hiring a trainer."  But there's really no predictive model to show how or where you'll lose the weight.  Unfortunately my boobs disappear long before my hips do.  
    [Deleted User]Purple
    edited April 2014
    I used to be a trainer. ;) Unfortunately there are a lot of crappy ones out there. I like to think I was one if the good ones. I sure didn't sell supplements.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]AngelinePurple
  • seriouslyseriously The mittenSilver Member Posts: 1,134
    The engineer in me soooo wants to scale out the dimensions of the legs, arms, etc., based on the given height and waist.
    Tennee
  • BearinthetreesBearinthetrees Silver Member Posts: 88
    ;Lostanddistraught

Try Nerd Fitness.

Helped my STBX loose 45 pounds, I dropped 98 pounds.

And yes the average American is a total fatass!
    [Deleted User]Thaedron
  • LouiseLouise EnglandSilver Member Posts: 1,622
    Shape 2 not unlike me, but my waist is 34, not 38, which is something i suppose.
  • growingafamilygrowingafamily chicagoSilver Member Posts: 1,841
    This makes me realize how my body never fit the average.

At my fattest, I was about 185lbs, but never had a waist more than 32". [I was, and still am, 5'2"] I'm very hourglass, but still not sure how a 166lb woman could have a 38" waist.

I'm a true mesomorph though, and have always carried a lot of muscle, in addition to fat in the god female places.
    After this recent birth I was sitting around 150-ish at 5'6". I'm trying to remember what my waist was, but it's just barely getting down to 33" now, so I'm thinking.. 35" at least? maybe 36"? And I'm more of a "rectangle" shape. I can see a true apple shape having a 38" waist at a couple inches shorter and a couple pounds more than I was.
    HildaCornersPurpleRapunzel
    I'm 5'4" and at 180 I had a 32" waist. I'm now at 195-200 (I'm avoiding the scale, so I can't say for sure) and my waist was 33.5" at my last measurements 2 weeks ago.

Downside is that my hips are 48" around. /:) Gotta carry all that extra weight somewhere, I guess.
    Just so you know @AlphaBelle , 33.5/48 = .7 , the waist/hip ratio that is supposed to be the most appealing to men.

Coco Austin & Kim Kardashian have got it right . . .