Upcoming Forum Changes

123457»

Comments

• Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046
    edited June 2014

Does the Forum Administration folder contain a greater number of threads viewable only by Gold members, as opposed to Silver? 

I ask because although I can see 2 threads when I select it, the bar on the left shows 24 threads.

Cheers

No it doesn't. That was formerly the "FAQ" category and I moved 22 threads out of it into a hidden category that is essentially an archive. What I announced 2 years ago isn't correct today.

Plus I'm about to rename it something like "Forum 101" or something.

Good question though.

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

Yes it does @JellyBean ;

JellyBean USAPosts: 1,935Gold Women

Is what I see  :)

As a minor aside, we're pushing what the forum software allows. There's actually going to be four different types of Gold Membership.

Gold Men
    Gold Women
    Gold Men Zen Garden
    Gold Women Zen Garden

It's a manual switch by a senior moderator to make it happen.

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

Angeline
  • ozzyozzy TX USAGold Men Posts: 996

It seems that you can still filter/hide individual categories on your own, so you could create your own garden.

@Ozzy huh, yes you could.

• SlipangleSlipangle MichiganSilver Member Posts: 1,544
    My membership will match my hair!

Silver ought to be fine. At this point, a $5 pizza for the kids is an indulgence and i would put it ahead of this things eing as they are.  Also doesnt help that i have to use a phone or tablet to access the internet, my laptop has  power supply problem.

I'm still just a "Member" ... when can I actually give my credit card number, @Athol_Kay‌ ;?

We are hoping for later this evening. There's still lots to get through though.

HildaCorners
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963

I needed to cut back on the forum anyway.
    Otter
  • PersephonePersephone Northeast USSilver Member Posts: 565

I don't know where to ask this, but why can't I private message anyone?

I don't know where to ask this, but why can't I private message anyone?

http://marriedmansexlife.com/2014/05/upcoming-forum-changes/

The ability to start a Private Message is disabled for Free and Silver Members.

Persephone
  • PersephonePersephone Northeast USSilver Member Posts: 565
    Athol_Kay said:

http://marriedmansexlife.com/2014/05/upcoming-forum-changes/

The ability to start a Private Message is disabled for Free and Silver Members.

Ooooh, ok, I 'mis-remembered', lol. Kinda sucks but I understand, seems like there was a whole lot of 'extra' going on behind the scenes.

• ConradConrad MidwestSilver Member Posts: 810
    edited June 2014

I just found this site last night, after realizations that my marriage could be annihilated,  I thank you @Athol_Kay‌, for the work that you've put into this and the work you continue to do...  Change is inevitable,  all of this sounds in good taste and is the reason I have gravitated towards it in comparison to the faith based, lewed, or just a bunch of miserables who love company forums. I ordered 3 of your books today and want them in my hands now! I look forward to getting to work on my issues and the prospect of having a satisfying sex life with my husband and saving our marriage would be a fantasy come true for me. Many thanks to you, Sir.

@whatsinaname‌ ;

You won't be disappointed.

While the popular culture would frown upon many (if not most!) of the common sense solutions offered here, the best defense is that they actually work.  And, when I say "work", I mean for - literally - thousands of couples.  And, if you can believe those couples, nothing else did.

I'm half of one of those couples.  My wife grudgingly admitted (at first) that these principles are "mostly" right, her actions indicate nearly ALL of them are right.

• telynitelyni Midwest, USASilver Member Posts: 471
    ozzy said:

It seems that you can still filter/hide individual categories on your own, so you could create your own garden.

Did this capability just get removed? Suddenly all categories are visible to me again, and I can't find the link to toggle showing all or only unhidden categories (which used to be in the left-hand bar). The ones I previously used "Hide" on now offer an "Unmute" option, which doesn't seem helpful. I can't tell what "muting" a category does. (I only hid a few categories. Not trying to actually recreate the garden functionality here; just trying to reduce visual clutter and add focus to my reading.)
    Enneagram type 5w4
    telyni at gmail
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    @Athol_Kay maybe there's a forum glitch?

@Telyni you could also clear your cache, log out, close browser, log back in, and make sure your spouse isn't using your login to read the forum, and unchecked the categories you hid.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
  • telynitelyni Midwest, USASilver Member Posts: 471
    @Angeline Nobody else is using my login. It's happening both on my phone and computer. The forum behavior has actually changed. There's no Hide option on the categories now; it's only "Mute."
    Enneagram type 5w4
    telyni at gmail
    There was a major update to the forum software about a week ago. The entire admin screens were completely reorganized on me. Suspect that some of the functionality changed with hiding and muting.

telyni