Mark's journey

Comments

• Mark72Mark72 OhioSilver Member Posts: 2,007
    Just talked to her attorney. She wants to keep everything as is. Basically I would still go over to see the kids. Pay no child support except pay half the child care to her sister.

I just thanked him for his time with no answer.

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht Anders tun. Gott hilfe mir. Amen. - Martin Luther
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. - Pascal

My journey

By the way....
    She is out of her fucking mind

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht Anders tun. Gott hilfe mir. Amen. - Martin Luther
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. - Pascal

My journey

• HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    You do not want to talk to her attorney.

Lawyers are skilled double talkers. I think they teach this in law school.  B)   If you are not skilled at answering convoluted questions ("Mark72, is it not true that you did not hit your wife *yesterday*? Please answer yes or no."), you will lose, and lose big time.

Your future income stream may hang on the placement of a single comma.

If Wife wants to talk about separation/divorce, say "I am in the process of hiring an attorney. / I hired an attorney. And divorce talk will be through our lawyers."

If her lawyer wants to talk to you directly, say the same thing.

By the way, the proper answer to the question above is: I don't understand the question, can you re-phrase it?

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    Mark72CowboyBabyMakes5_dad
    I was very careful not to give any information. He didn't ask anything of me. He didn't seem too motivated to move in any way at all. I just asked him for what she wanted so I knew going in. He pointed out that she didn't want my 401k for any extra child support, to which I just said uh huh. Bottom line, I know by the way he talked to that he has not given her any big sum of money comma because he said that if we don't come into an agreement for a dissolution, that she would have to spend the money to file for divorce. Either way, I've got some time to get another job and get things paid off and get a place that's suitable for me and the kids.

My journey

BabyMakes5_dad
    I don't get it... she KNOWS I'd never go for the status quo as an agreement. Maybe she has lost her damn marbles.

My journey

• _io_io Silver Member Posts: 1,821
    As I recall you pay a rather exorbitant amount in child care.  To her sister.  I'm 75% sure you're the only one paying child care.  That would make it a more reasonable amount.
    AngelineTenneeScarlet
    _io said:
    As I recall you pay a rather exorbitant amount in child care.  To her sister.  I'm 75% sure you're the only one paying child care.  That would make it a more reasonable amount.
    I know she is also paying the same amount. Saw the checks

My journey

• CarebearCarebear MidwestSilver Member Posts: 48
    How old are the children now? Two in school and a four year old?  
    Is the childcare still $1600 a week?  That is absolutely insane if you are dishing out $800 a month on childcare.  
    The cars? Those were almost $600 per month, IIRC.  What's up with that?
    Is the cell phone still $200. You were locked into a contract, that should be nearly over by now, right?

Youve been on here two years and for two years you've said "I have a bit of time still to get a place". We are all rooting for you, but dang!

Do you take any SSRI's?  I'm just curious as in my experience, they can take all the 'umph!' away that you need to be accomplishing things. If so, might want to check that. I'm really grabbing at straws trying to figure out why it appears you've made no headway in years. 

Are your days full?  Are you working two jobs? If not, what are you doing with the rest of your day?

RebuildingHusband
    We asre paying her $1600 per month. Not a week. I pay $800 a month

My journey

I have been submitting resumes. Average 2 a day. I've had 4 interviews. I will find another job. I'm not unqualified, my present job ends at 5 - 5:30. Usually 5. I'm thinking outside the box for flexible hours. Take out taxi - work from home -

My journey

• fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    How can she afford a lawyer and yet you can't? You need a lawyer man.  
    Paying her sister $1600 a month wow.  Do you get a tax receipt.  ?
    get ready Mark.  Be mentally ready. 
    I also agree a second job right now may not be a good plan.  May cost you more in support there. This sucks man I'm sorry.  You fought hard really hard. She never did and just used you. 

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

While I am living in a place that is not suitable for my children to come and visit, let alone stay overnight, I'm afraid my only option right now is to get another job and get a place of my own. The second job would be mainly to pay down my current debt load like my car and medical bills. I just need to find a way to have a place for them to come because this crap is getting old.

My journey

Funny... feel strong for weeks but every now and then a random memory pops up and tried to bring me back down
    It'll pass

My journey

Tennee