Please allow me...

KnifesEdgeKnifesEdge midwest USASilver Member Posts: 75

... to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste ...  Mick Jagger, Sympathy for the Devil, 1968. This was the music I grew up on. I'm 55, married, have two adult children who just finished college, and a wife a year younger than me. We've been married 26 years and were together 6 years before that. I've been lurking here for maybe a year, and have harvested some pearls just from reading the problems of others and suggestions from the gallery.

It would never have occurred to me that I can do almost anything sexually with my wife, as long as I don't ask and just do. My marriage is great, and even better from what I have learned here.

The basic idea that everyone needs to take charge of their own life and look to themselves to make things better is true gold.

My one area of weakness is my weight. I am 6'2" and 253 lbs. I would love to not be overweight again. I can still exercise, but don't find time often enough. It's something that needs to step to the top of my list, and I just haven't made it happen. Any advice to create dieting and fitness momentum is appreciated.

Thanks @Athol_kay for providing this place of growth and learning. When I see a topic I have some info or differing point of view about, I will comment from time to time.

Tagged:
SerenityOlddogElCapitanJen_KaySmashmasterJohn3

Comments

• KPPKPP USSilver Member Posts: 111
    MILF_in_training said:

For a good, but very geeky book on both diet and exercise, get a copy of The Four Hour Body by Tim Ferriss.

I second the book recommendation. At the very least it will get you thinking about a number of different life areas. But the diet stuff has been very good for me.

"The MAP is forever. Yes, it is exhausting and hard on the soul. But there is no rest for true men." - BeGoodHaveFun

• Jen_KayJen_Kay Posts: 374

Congratulations on coming out of lurk-dom!  It sounds like things are going well, and that with some encouragement and accountability you could start making progress on the fitness stuff.
  • RingingTenRingingTen Lane 36Gold Men Posts: 56

Welcome!

Fat loss is more a diet thing than exercise. You need both, but working out and eating trash won't do anything.

For a good, but very geeky book on both diet and exercise, get a copy of The Four Hour Body by Tim Ferriss.

Definitely agree with this.  Tim specializes in the art of getting results without spending large amounts of time/energy.  His kettle workout in the book is a good one and I was very surprised at how sore I was the next day after only a 25-30 min workout.

"If there were no rewards to reap, no loving embrace to see me through this tedious path I've chosen here I certainly would have walked away by now....  And I still may..."

• KnifesEdgeKnifesEdge midwest USASilver Member Posts: 75

@serenity, @milf_in_training, @kpp, @jen_kay, @ringingten

Thanks for the welcome. I purchased The Four Hour Body by Tim Ferriss on ebay today, and am eager to read it.

HildaCorners