The Thread for Threads

Comments

• BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530
    edited October 2013
    Ms_Fit said:

Any tips on how to be sexy while camping/hiking? We're going to be living in this RV this summer (not really...but 2-3 weeks at least!)

this summer?

Are you south of the equator, @Ms_Fit?

Outfits:

cami with a flannel over it, ponytail, short jean shorts, hiking boots.

T-shirt (slightly too short/small), outdoor skirt, boots

Tie bikini top under tank top, yoga pants, tennis shoes

Dress (exercise style alas Title Nine)
    It's good beta.
    Raspberry_rose
  • helioxheliox Member Posts: 229
    @Ms_Fit: I've always thought that athleta had very pretty, feminine workwear and casualwear -- particularly suited for outdoorsy things.
    Pirouetteredheaded_woman
  • jessiejessie Member Posts: 172
    A tank with shorts.  And iirc, the fellas around here are fond of ponytails poking through a baseball cap.  
    BetaGeek
  • redheaded_womanredheaded_woman USASilver Member Posts: 4,739
    How long into winter can one wear skinny ankle dress pants?

Can I just keep wearing them with heels!

I have a black pair and a dark purplish/pink pair and they're so cute I don't really want to put them away unless I have to.
    "Fuck yesterday, make tomorrow awesome." - Tennee
    Maria
    @redheaded_woman -- I think you can rock it until you feel like your toes are freezing off, and you need to put socks/stockings on. Although . . . there's also the classic quick-change: wear a pair of heavy walking boots like fleecy-lined hunters in the car / on public transport, then swap to your cute heels when you're almost at work. I love watching women do this on the subway :)

There's also booties, which I see as being a cold weather stopgap between 'my toes are freezing in these heels' and 'these pants weren't meant to be worn with knee-high boots'. Searching for images...

Oh, hey. Did you know that you are a fashion guru? Because ankle pants and booties / heels are apparently a big fall trend.

please ignore Gwen Stefani's top in this one; I just like the way she did the boots with the pants.

Or there's this, if you want one that looks a bit more like a traditional heel (and it's a catalog shot!)

Seems like you're a trendsetter :)
  • redheaded_womanredheaded_woman USASilver Member Posts: 4,739
    @heliox What catalog is that 2nd pic from???

That's the look I had floating in my head!
    "Fuck yesterday, make tomorrow awesome." - Tennee
    It's from my favorite place in the world: Nordstrom Rack! Sadly they aren't available online right now, but they're Trina Turk so they must be kicking around the interwebz somewhere.
  • SerendipitySerendipity Member Posts: 358
    For camping - definitely braids ;)

I'm so glad I have some new fall clothes and shoes now. Today it's black leggings, a plum shirt with grey sweater and my riding boots. Hubby approved and said my butt looks awesome in leggings. I'm new to the legging trend and now I must go by more. I realize this is useless without a picture so if I can get a full length mirror I'll post one.
    Purple
  • mrsozzymrsozzy texasGold Women Posts: 1,950
    @heliox, I like Gwen Stafani's cargo pant-like leggings.  Do you happen to know the brand?
  • jklmjklm Silver Member Posts: 1,574
    @Ms_Fit, I was in REI recently and completely shocked by how many "performance" clothes have been made cute for girls lately. Like really fitted plaid shirts made of fancy material, and fleece dresses, and whatnot. When camping in the past, the friends who have made me feel frumpy (in my traditional old t-shirt and jeans uniform) were definitely the ones wearing fabulous fitted performance gear. I'd probably go that route if I planned to spend money on camping clothes.

---
    Big muscles and confident leadership turn the relationship. And leadership is NOT trying to figure out what she wants and doin that. -farmertan
    [Deleted User]Winter
  • neenneen Member Posts: 3,390
    Here are @mamajune current selections. We can critique. Dress 1 link doesn't work..I like the dress. Those pants seem form fitting.
    image.jpg
    322 x 484 - 39K
    image.jpg
    322 x 484 - 35K
    image.jpg
    290 x 370 - 31K
    nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
  • neenneen Member Posts: 3,390
    I tend to go for the understated look. But, you know I could use a little vamp in my wardrobe. I'll let the others decide. @mamajune
    nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
    [Deleted User]
    @magazine ;
    mamajune said:
    @mrsozzy

I was the one who mentioned bebe!  Well, SPR did first but I posted the bebe pic of the model.  I love that store and yes it is quite expensive, so I often wait for clearance sales.

I find it interesting that you say things are a bit too long there.  I always feel like they're too short!  How tall are you?
    I'm 5'3".
  • jklmjklm Silver Member Posts: 1,574
    Haha, yup, those are 80s jeans for sure! But the 80s are back so you might as well rock 'em if your partner likes them. Mine has sort of an allergic reaction to things that look like they're from a past era, which cracks me up because he'll develop a visceral hatred of 'new' trends when the kids wearing them don't even realize they're not really new.

---
    Big muscles and confident leadership turn the relationship. And leadership is NOT trying to figure out what she wants and doin that. -farmertan
    PurpleAngeline
    mamajune said:
    @mrsozzy

Your pics make you look so much taller.  I'm 5'6" with an extremely long torso, so those dresses can look short on me.
    I always wear high heels. :)
    [Deleted User]Serendipity
    Thank you everyone.

@mamajune, I like the black leggings. They'd look great with some kind of sparkly thing on top, I think.

Ozzy has a thing for tight clothes too, lol. However, he does still like a flared sundress in the summer. It seems like if some skin is showing it doesn't need to be as tight, but if it's covered, it better be form-fitting.
    [Deleted User]
  • SerendipitySerendipity Member Posts: 358
    LOVE your outfit @mrsozzy - great boots!

Black leggings are my new friend. I highly recommend them @mamajune
    mrsozzy[Deleted User]