The Thread for Threads

Comments

• SignorePillolaRossaSignorePillolaRossa mid atlantic usaSilver Member Posts: 4,079
    Ok what about this combo? With black knee high boots?
    not feeling it, sorry
    way too  close to a grandma cardigan - not enough skin

Sr. PR

============================
    sapere aude

Fuck Culture. Live your life - Beatrice
    ============================
  • notafrannynotafranny EASTERN WASilver Member Posts: 81

Is the jacket linen/twill or more sweater type material? I think a black jacket would go better with boots and add a yellow or pink scarf

• JLBJLB Silver Member Posts: 481
    edited May 2014

"Spotted dick is a pudding" - Mandrill.

edited May 2014
    @Lostanddistraught, your blue dress is hard to pass up. I'd go with that.

Although you're probably already there due to this time zone nonsense. Bah.

AngelineMaria[Deleted User]
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    edited May 2014
    IfOnly said:

JLB said:
    Love this too:
    Ok...what might one call this shirt/vest/corset(?) style type?  It's definitely something I'd like to see my wife wear, but no clue how to find it anywhere.  I need search terms, folks!
    polyvore.com/casual_beige_white_underbust_corset/thing?id=65569074#cs

m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=290990317233
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
  • IfOnlyIfOnly Silver Member Posts: 617
    JLB said:
    Nice work!  I really do like that one.  Too bad its sold out (and also that it got terrible reviews).
    [Deleted User]
    edited May 2014
    IfOnly said:
    JLB said:
    Nice work!  I really do like that one.  Too bad its sold out (and also that it got terrible reviews).
    Oh dear, I didn't read the reviews. Ebay is your friend for similar stuff.

And I swear I'm not an enabler. I just can't help myself when it comes to clothes and shoes.

PurpleAlphaBelle
  • IfOnlyIfOnly Silver Member Posts: 617
    JLB said:
    Oh dear, I didn't read the reviews. Ebay is your friend for similar stuff.

And I swear I'm not an enabler. I just can't help myself when it comes to clothes and shoes.
    Well, it seems the reviews may be mostly about service and less about the quality of the actual product.  Still...even if I was able to get it, there'd still be the matter of convincing my wife to actually wear it.
    [Deleted User]
  • TimitzTimitz Silver Member Posts: 820

Ok what about this combo? With black knee high boots?

I would never wear that outfit again. The colors are bleh, its blocky, the jacket looks like the paint on the wall at work... not flattering at all. The boots could be perfect, but a bandaid can't fix a severed limb.
    "You must be like water which always seeks the easiest and best path around obstacles." Sun Tzu
  • BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530
    I am having hard time picturing it. Post a pic.
    It's good beta.
    Serenity
  • RapunzelRapunzel Very High TowerSilver Member Posts: 1,503
    edited May 2014
    I want to post multiple pictures from photobucket and I can't figure it out. :(

When the going gets tough apply lipstick.

The universe doesn't give you what you ask for with your thoughts; it gives you what you demand with your actions. ~ Steve Maraboli

• growingafamilygrowingafamily chicagoSilver Member Posts: 1,841
    edited May 2014

I posted a pic on my Jewelry thread, just thought I'd show the dress I was wearing in it. And if you care to look at the summer shoes post, I was wearing the black ones I have posted on page 1 there.

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/make-the-fest-of-it-dress-in-sky?new_pdp_layout=true

Maria[Deleted User]

@growingafamily‌ I love maxis!!! That colour is gorgeous too! 

It's like super-maxi. I'm not that short (5'6) but even with heels it was dragging on the ground. 

MariaPurple
  • TimitzTimitz Silver Member Posts: 820

@Rapunzel‌ Its clothes like that, that steal the attention from the frumpy younger girls who can't dress. You look waaaaay better than a lot of the college girls I see walking around.

"You must be like water which always seeks the easiest and best path around obstacles." Sun Tzu
    RapunzelSignorePillolaRossaJellyBeanPurple
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046

test

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

Olddog
    Interesting, I was looking for this the other day and couldn't find it. Anyway, my question: I just got a black and white stripe skirt (diagonal stripes about 3/4 inch wide or something like that). Would I pair it with a black or white top, or go color? If color, then which one?