Wife rarely shows affection anymore, never initiates

2»

Comments

• PersephonePersephone Northeast USSilver Member Posts: 565

I smoke regularly, but I plan to stop when I have (small) children. How can you keep an eye on little kids when you're high? I would be too freaked out (which would defeat the purpose of smoking in the first place, no?).

• odie6423odie6423 USAMember Posts: 24

@Persephone - I agree, I'm the same way.  This is part of why I don't smoke as much anymore.  My wife is different in that she doesn't get freaked out at all when she smokes.  She smokes a little at a time and is never "baked".  She's actually as or more attentive to the kids when high, albeit goofy an lighthearted.  Maybe the goggles are on a bit there, but it's true.  That being said, I'm still not cool with her smoking throughout the day, as she clearly should not be driving, and should the shit hit the fan and she have a real situation to deal with (child injury, unexpected seizure, etc.), the last thing we need is her wits to be dulled.  Also, at some point, the kids are going to pick up on her behavioral changes when she's high and when she's not.  I know immediately if she's smoked at all.  The kids aren't stupid.  I'm fine with an evening smoke here and there to chill out, but that's about it.  It's funny, if I have a beer 2 nights in a row with dinner or when winding down, she'd give me a look or say something about it possibly developing into a problem.  Wow.  I put the kobash on that by pointing out the obvious double standard, but I know it's still in her mind.  She's convinced that weed is completely different from alcohol as far as dependency goes.  Sure, alcohol can create a real physical dependency, and there's all sorts of "studies" that say weed is not physically addictive, but her dependency is clearly mental, which I think is no less of an issue than a physical one.  In fact, it may be worse, as she has effectively convinced herself it's not an addiction, and has "clinical support" to back her up.  Dependency is dependency.   
    ButchHobsonPersephoneAngelinefordsvt