How can I put this delicately?

2»

Comments

• Natalie_LorinNatalie_Lorin Southern USSilver Member Posts: 979

I hated shaving until I ditched the shaving cream. That stuff sucks. Now I use some creamy/gel thing (can't remember the brand) and never get razor burn any more. Makes shaving much more doable when I'm not re-nicking myself all the time!

• growingafamilygrowingafamily chicagoSilver Member Posts: 1,841

I just use soap. Cause I'm in the shower. Also I'm grossed out by body hair and I was shaving my armpits before I knew women did that. I mean, I heard women shaved their legs, no one ever pointed out the armpit thing. I was fighting puberty though, so it went. Then and every shower since then. Plus if I get a day's growth and my 2 year old notices, she points it out in front of everyone and tells me I have a "rashie".

AngelineJoanna
  • SerenitySerenity Senior Moderator** Posts: 11,358

It literally takes 30 seconds in the shower. I just use shampoo since I'm washing my hair with it, anyway.

Just tell her you want her to shave because you find it more sexy. 

[Deleted User]MiddleMan
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898

I'm basically waiting until the next time it comes up again. I haven't seen her armpits lately. (When we had sex 2 nights ago, it was very dark and I wasn't wearing my contacts.)

I'm probably going to start with the "au naturel" A&A and follow up with asking her to shave because it's sexier. 

• pu1pj1tt3rspu1pj1tt3rs TexasSilver Member Posts: 78

Kind of related to this but not exactly the same situation: my wife has a darker pigment of skin on her armpits and also on her knees. She says she's always had it and it bothers her. She is less likely to wear sleeveless clothing sometimes because she is conscious of it. It doesn't really bother me, but the more she brings it up the more I wonder if there's some way to help her reverse it.

Is anyone aware of any method to even the discoloration of skin in certain areas like this?  

• RedfordRedford The Great White NorthSilver Member Posts: 679

Another way to approach this is tell her you appreciate the work she puts in to be hairless and attractive for you (uh hum!) and you'd like to make things easier for her so you're offering to pay for a lazer job so she never has to worry about hairy pits again. 

Her ego is intact and you just guaranteed yourself a hairless future. 

tulip
  • stillasamountainstillasamountain CT, USASilver Member Posts: 521
    seriously said:

@MiddleMan - Use a cheesy french accent.

Oui, oui, mon amour. J'ai besoin d'enterrer mon visage dans votre charmante femme fuzz. J'ai besoin de sentir l'odeur du parfum de votre journée, votre sueur, votre labeur.

Translated from english - Yes, yes, my love.  I need to bury my face in your lovely woman fuzz.  I need to  smell the aroma of your day, your sweat, your toil.

I had the same thought but, in my head, it's the old Pepe LePew toon / voice!

“She was 3/4 perfection and 1/4 broken glass.”

KattAngelineseriously
  • SManSMan Silver Member Posts: 1,126
    TRex said:
    There is another option: maybe you could learn to appreciate a woman who is au naturel. A woman's untamed natural beauty can be a powerful aphrodisiac....... seriously.

Ain't gonna happen.

In every relationship I've ever been in- one nonnegotiable condition has been shaved armpits, legs and pubis. It just has to happen- or she's nexted.

Interestingly, I've never had to next a woman because of this. Even the ones who started out hairy have all willingly shaved when I've notified them.

• blueeyedladyblueeyedlady West Coast USASilver Member Posts: 1

It is one thing to be sensitive, it is another to be so sensitive that people are walking on eggshells around her. It is not okay if you cannot gently express your concerns and desires without worry of upsetting her.

As long as you are complimenting and encouraging her in what she is doing right, then you should be able to tell her that you want her to shave her pits when she is wearing a sleeveless top. You could tell her that you like the sleeveless tops and would like her to shave her pits daily in the summer. Just tell her, “Honey, I’d appreciate it if you’d take a minute to shave your underarms when you shower, at least in the summer. It’s no big deal in the winter, when you are wearing long sleeves, but your sleeveless tops look better when your underarms are shaved.”

If she gets upset, tell her that you are not trying to upset her and would appreciate it if she would let you express what you like without having to worry that she’s going to be offended, because you were not rude and are making a simple request.

If she is feeling generally criticized, that would be different, but if that isn’t a factor, then she should be able to take it without making you feel bad about suggesting it.

MiddleMan
    @TRex said:
    There is another option: maybe you could learn to appreciate a woman who is au naturel. A woman's untamed natural beauty can be a powerful aphrodisiac....... seriously.
    I should have been born German instead of Confederate. My tastes run more... European.

From time to time I hear people say that German women don't shave their armpits, or other parts.

Afraid I can't believe 'em.

I have (ahem . . . ) been with a few German girls, and seen many more starkers, and I have never actually seen a girl from Germany who was unshaved, anywhere- legs, armpits or mons.

Any folks from Germany who could speak to this? Am I all wrong, my experience is a chance anomaly?

Don't know where the idea that German women don't shave comes from.

Joanna
  • MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    edited June 2014
    @SMan said:

From time to time I hear people say that German women don't shave their armpits, or other parts.

Afraid I can't believe 'em.

I have (ahem . . . ) been with a few German girls, and seen many more starkers, and I have never actually seen a girl from Germany who was unshaved, anywhere- legs, armpits or mons.

Any folks from Germany who could speak to this? Am I all wrong, my experience is a chance anomaly?

Don't know where the idea that German women don't shave comes from.

This idea goes back at least 40 years. In the last decades views on body hair have changed a lot.

Although we are not so uptight about visible body hair, practically every woman under 50 shaves their legs and armpits in summer, but not necessarily in winter.  It's considered an aesthetic issue, not a hygienic one. 

Everyone trims their bikinizone at least in summer and completely shaved or waxed pubes are not uncommon with young girls and young women.

Younger men under 35 wax their upper body frequently (to show off muscle and tats, lol). Lots of my friends though think it's getting old already. 

_____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
    The_Dudealphadawg50[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • The_DudeThe_Dude Hollywood Star LanesGold Men Posts: 4,583
    edited June 2014

@SMan‌  unfortunately I'm old enough that I can vouch for Maria's observation.  Maybe not quite 40  but 30 years ago French and German girls didn't shave like the Americans.  Nowadays I don't see much difference.

alphadawg50[Deleted User]
  • stillasamountainstillasamountain CT, USASilver Member Posts: 521

I'll jump on the time-travel bandwagon, too. In the mid-70's, when my sister was 16 and visiting relatives in Germany, they thought she was crazy to shave herself. Tried to take the safety razor away from her.

But that was many moons ago. Times change.

“She was 3/4 perfection and 1/4 broken glass.”

Angeline
  • JoannaJoanna GermanySilver Member Posts: 831

The only woman with unshaved armpits I ever saw in Germany was an Italian. I don't remember seeing any unshaved female legs, either.

Almost all of the girls my age shave at least their bikini zone, if not all pubic hair (when there's a chance of somebody seeing it, at least). The majority of college-aged girls also shave their arms, at least the darker-haired ones.

• MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898

To clarify: The armpits in question have never been "unshaven", as in "hairy as mine." Just not shaven for several days in a row so they get a bit stubbly and unsightly.

[Deleted User]AngelineScarlet

@TRex - There's a girl in Germany you just hafta meet!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2306879/Mustaches-women-revealed-ultimate-dating-turn-single-men-guys-wont-stand-chance-bad-body-odor.html

LOL- having said that- it seems that high-testosterone girls just have to shave their faces or their dates aren't going to lead to a close . . .

. . . but a get a clean-shaven high-testosterone girl in bed; and your world will be rocked!!!

(Hint for singles on the prowl: use the finger length test to screen for high-testosterone girls, if that's your thing)
    [Deleted User]Angeline
  • CountryDudeCountryDude ThailandMember Posts: 115
    MiddleMan said:

I need some input from the FOs on how to put this to my wife. She's responding well to my MAPping in general. Part of this is that she's starting to dress in nicer, more flattering clothing.  This means more sleeveless tops/dresses in the summer.

So what's the way to express to her that she needs to shave her armpits more frequently?

I understand not shaving legs every day. That seems like a lot of work. But it seems that my wife is willing to let her armpits go a few days between shaves. She has dark hair, so if she's wearing something sleeveless and raises her hand, there's some moderate stubble there. I always assumed that shaving the armpits was a regular part of a daily shower.

I want to draw her attention to this without making her feel ugly or self-conscious. What's the best way to accomplish this?

Armpit hair ca be sexy on a woman if it's not too long.  Isn't that a Korean thing?

Anyway, in Thailand, women don't shave their legs.  Funny thing is, it isn't noticeable whatsoever, much like forearm hair.  And it's soft so you don't feel it when legs are rubbing between the sheets.

But it seems once you start shaving, you can never stop. 

As far as armpit hair goes, they generally pluck here (in Thailand).  It takes forever to grow back in.  Maybe suggest that?  Or maybe a trim?