How to Contact a Moderator

2»

Comments

• AvalinetteAvalinette In the kitchenSilver Member Posts: 1,316

I think he does it so he doesn't get bugged by people paging @AtholKay (or @AtholZen).

The_Dude_ioMaterStellieAngeline
  • AlphaVsBetaAlphaVsBeta CaliforniaSilver Member Posts: 395

Am I an idiot, or did I miss an update, but my 911 catagory just disappeared...I'm silver level...

Anyone have any ideas?

• Changed_ManChanged_Man ChicagolandSilver Member Posts: 1,965

Am I an idiot, or did I miss an update, but my 911 catagory just disappeared...I'm silver level...

Anyone have any ideas?

You're not the only one.

I think for me it's the universe's way of telling me I spend too much time here and need to take a break from the drama  ;)

When push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of. You might bend til you break, cause it's all you can take. On your knees you look up, decide you've had enough. You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands, shake it off... And you stand!

"Stand" by Rascal Flatts

Angeline
  • hanielhaniel Silver Member Posts: 1,493
    edited June 2014

Come on over to zen-gold, then, FSM. It's been a week and the only thing I miss a little is dr. strangelove's thread. I'm sure he's doing good, though. But it's like would you rather have all-you-can-eat ok pizza or a normal serving of a really good deluxe pizza.

AlphaBelleAngelinenewredpillrecruit
  • ConradConrad MidwestSilver Member Posts: 810

Kind of bad form to cut off people that had an active thread going there.

• ConradConrad MidwestSilver Member Posts: 810

@Serenity‌ ;

Thanks.  I was surprised.

Serenity
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046

Working on the 911 issue.

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

It appears to have been a bug as I rolled the Silver Placeholders into the Silver Member settings. It shouldn't have had any effect on their ability to access the 911 category.

Double checking reveals all the settings were correct, but me hitting "save" again seems to have resolved it.

If anyone is having troubles with 911 at the Silver level, please leave a message below.

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

• alphadawg50alphadawg50 EarthSilver Member Posts: 39

Do the moderators have access to info of old accounts and name changes, or is it just @Athol_kay and @Jen_Kay ? Just wondering.

• Jen_KayJen_Kay Posts: 374

Athol and Jen have Superpowers, Brian and Serenity have "superpowers with a lower case s" and the other moderators can do simple editing and moving tasks but can't get into the nitty gritty of the backstage workings.

alphadawg50newredpillrecruit
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054

@Jen_Kay‌ ;

The new "expand for more options" button wraps into the posts, partially obscuring them and making reading them a bit difficult. 

Enneagram type 9w1
  • Jen_KayJen_Kay Posts: 374

Yeah, that's a weird one. Noticed it late last night...not something we added, looks like something Vanilla added. I'll check it out.

• TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    So, just letting @Athol_Kay and @Jen_Kay ;  know of an issue (wasn't sure where to put it so here seems good).

When you use the '@' to call someone, Vanilla will pull the user and you can grab it from the drop-downs.  A large chunk of the time, the name will not call the person, and if you click on the name, it takes you to 'User Not Found'.   Everything seems to be correct.    If you look above, Athol's works, Jen's does not - and I use the pulldown to select both. 

Don't know if its a Vanilla issue with the MMSL forum, or just the way the stars aren't aligning properly, or just Vanilla doesn't like me, but thought I'd at least call attention to the issue.
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?

It seems to be a Vanilla issue. I tend to just type the name out myself.

If you go look in the HTML of the comment, there's actually extra text behind Jen's name that causes it to go to a user not found page.

Can see the HTML using the  </> icon.

Tennee