Low blood pressure causes low libido

TPokeTPoke OklahomaSilver Member Posts: 711
In the course of trying to MAP the medical I have discovered what could be a major issue. I have been at about the end of my rope after years of running my MAP and getting a constant stream of chore sex. 

After a particularly frustrating session last week in which my cunnilingus was met by drumming fingers and yawns, we had a discussion that even after ditching the Mirena and getting on progesterone (after hormone screen), that she has no libido whatsoever and almost no feelings downstairs. Upon rreexamination of her numbers one thing stood out; that her blood pressure has tested as low as 90/60!  We were told multiple times by different physicians that this was fine. However a bit of googling reveals that there are symptoms from low blood pressure (hypotension). 

Of those listed my FO exhibits 90% of them including low libido. Also from what I have read since the clitorus is dependent on blood engourgement for anything to work (just like the penis) this could affect anorgasmia. We are going to get a pressure cuff and start trying the remedies for this.

I figured this would be good information that may help others the forum, for anyone else who might be about as awesome as they can become from their MAP, with less than stellar results and therefore looking at the medical side. 

MiddleMan

Comments

• HowlAtTheMoonHowlAtTheMoon Silver Member Posts: 1,183

Interesting. 

I don't suffer from low libido, but my bp usually hovers around 70/40 with 90/60 being the highest it ever was and that was at nine months pregnant. You are right that medical professionals are often ignorant of the problems with hypotension. I had nurses congratulate me on my 50/20 once. I couldn't stand up!

What is your wife's diet like? My bp became much more stable when I gave up strict vegetarianism. 

• TPokeTPoke OklahomaSilver Member Posts: 711

We have been on a slightly low carb, low sugar diet. Other than this and reduced processed foods the diet is pretty standard. I'm putting out the salt shaker for her now though. 

• TPokeTPoke OklahomaSilver Member Posts: 711
    @discobolus‌ that's interesting and similar what I read. From what I gather high bp is even worse than abnormally low bp as far as sex goes. It sounds like there's a large sweet spot in between.