Changes

maxx138maxx138 San AntonioMember Posts: 170

Ok. I know I'm new and I have been posting a lot, but I am playing catchup

So here's the story

Wife left Thursday to go out of town. She had to work in the morning. So I drove her to work so I could get the oil changed for the trip. Step son was with us so he could go to day camp in the morning. 

She gets out if the car at work. Goes and kisses her son goodbye and then just walks in to work without so much as a "see you later". This is highly unusual as I alway get kisses and words of endearment when we part. I texted her about a half hour before I picked her up 

Me: so what's up with no kiss goodbye this morning?

Her: I didn't kiss you goodbye?!  I'm so sorry baby. I thought I did. 

Ok I'm sorry but it had only been 3 hours. How could you "think" you gave me a kiss goodby when you looked right at me as you walked away. 

So she's apologetic about it and suggests we go to a late breakfast, which we do. 

While driving she texted my daughter and asked her a question. I know because I was with my daughter. Yet I get no response to my " how's the drive going?" For another two hours. 

Now all last night and today I am getting very sporadic texts. Usually one word or one small sentence. Usually she is very vocal about how much she missed me and telling me stories about the visit; she's as her sisters with her mom and dad there also. I get it that she's with family and doesn't have time to keep in touch as much. I don't really expect her to. But she always has anyway

I can't really think of any sort if trigger for this. She has depression and is on meds and in IC. MY fear is (I know this is reaching) that she is realizing that we got married really fast (I proposed after 3 months and we married in 7) and that maybe it wasn't the right thing for her. 

She is always vocal about how wonderful I am. I am the best lover she's ever had, great dad, great handyman etc. but her behavior seems contrary to her words at times. 

Maybe it's just MY hamster rolling. I don't know. 

Any thoughts?

Comments

• KattKatt USASilver Member Posts: 4,554

Texting her about the kiss sounds kind of needy. 

Try not to overthink this.  See what happens the rest of the trip and when she gets back.

BourneAgainMiddleMan
  • RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987

Ditto the above.  You seem more worried than necessary.  Is there something else you're not telling us?  

(Note I read only this thread.  Apologies if the answer to my question is in another thread.  This is why it can be better to keep everything in one place)

Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
    Angeline
  • maxx138maxx138 San AntonioMember Posts: 170

@Katt‌ ;

I texted about it playfully. She has literally never not kissed me goodbye. Ever. 

@Reborn‌ ;

I guess I've just noticed how communication is slowly becoming more and more sparse. I decided to match her level of texting and not to bother with useless needy communication. 

I am very sensitive to changes. Maybe sensitive is not the right word; I notice small changes in behavior that some people miss. Either because of OCD or the result of my training in psychology. 

I'm just gonna chill and definitely not bring this up to her. 

She gets home Sunday before I get home from work. When I get home I am going to walk straight up to her with some good eye contact and plant a kiss on her that'll bring her to her knees 

• maxx138maxx138 San AntonioMember Posts: 170

PandaBear7 said:

If she starts to walk away without your usual, honk the car horn. When she whirls around, call out the window "nice ass" and drive away.

Lol, absolutely doing that next time.