Different "Love Language" of the Genders

cxagentcxagent TexasSilver Member Posts: 147

I saw this video a while back and filed it away in the back of my head.  http://bcove.me/l2u1ck9b ; I have been watching to see if the video's points applied to me.  I just ran across the video again and took that as a sign there should be a discussion about it.

Once of the points that struck me most was the line 'women show love by being less antagonistic" (the video expands a bit more)  I have really hard time with "being less antagonistic" being considered "showing love". 

I know - not everyone is the same.  Some people have a very antagonistic relationship with everyone.  So to them, taking it down a notch or two is "showing love".  Not for me.  If someone is antagonistic, mean, belittling, abusive, etc. to ANYONE, I don't care to be around them.  AT. ALL.  I don't care if they are that way to me, you, men, women, children, family, strangers, pets, etc.  If I have to be around them (coworker, family, etc.) I tend to call them out on it once and if it continues I run all over them and make sure they are at least as uncomfortable in the situation as they are making everyone.   Of course that does tend to make innocent bystanders uncomfortable too.  But their victims are usually cheering me on.

I can't understand why some people would want to be in a relationship with an antagonistic partner.  But I have watched some people become more and more antagonistic over time.  Do you think this is a natural tendency coming out over time?  (Warning - Gross Generalization next) Or could it be that in the MMSL vernacular 'men need to captain up'.

Thoughts please.

Comments