Post-partum issues

2»

Comments

• KattKatt USASilver Member Posts: 4,554
    edited June 2014

@ANewHope said:

frillyfun‌ - thank you for that insight. Note that you initiated sex before you were pregnant. The OP (and my wife ) did not. I don't think she gave a shit whether I was attracted to her or not. Mainly because, I would guess, I'm not attractive myself. 

I don't think most people realize that love and sexual attraction in marriage are two very different and largely separate things, so they likely wouldn't think that way.  Your wife knew you loved her, she loved you, she likely didn't say to herself "I don't care if he's attracted to me".  I never thought of love and attraction as being separate entities in my marriage relationship until I stumbled on MMSL.  I grouped it all under "love".  

The OP is physically attractive, but not attracting his wife. She told him to leave her alone for a year. This doesn't appear to be apple to apples. 

The underlined part is why the OP needs to read the primer.   A man can be incredibly good looking and have a good job and all that but not be attracting his wife at all if he isn't bringing enough alpha.  I don't think outside of MMSL land most guys realize how the attraction aspect works for women and how physical appearance is just a piece of the puzzle, not even close to the whole picture.

Angeline[Deleted User]
  • frillyfunfrillyfun East PodunkGold Women Posts: 3,386

No- it's definitely not apples to apples.  

The no sex for a year thing is a shit test.  Learn to pass the shit test, and you're golden.

AngelineKatt
  • KattKatt USASilver Member Posts: 4,554

Pulling out didn't upset me or anything, and we used it successfully for long periods more than once, (once it would have been totally ok if it failed so wasnt too worried) but when we used it while I was nursing my first and not ready for a second I was so paranoid about it not working that it was yet another obstacle (along with the absence of a physical drive and slight PPD and the stress of the baby) to me being enthusiastic about sex.   

[Deleted User]Winter
  • Natalie_LorinNatalie_Lorin Southern USSilver Member Posts: 979

Created to Be His Help Meet is one of the worst books for women I have ever read. Ever. I realize I probably have issues, but seeing someone recommend that book actually makes me feel a little ill inside AND I'm a conservative, evangelical, "traditional gender roles" sort of wife. It's condescending and anxiety producing and full of just terrible exegesis. It's like the anti-map for women.

"Is your husband a lazy bear shlub who sleeps around on you? Well if he's getting laid,  maid, and trayed, then he's sure not ever going to leave you for someone who actually commands a little respect. Up that beta woman! Jump. Higher! You don't want to end up divorced and alone with your kids despising you and probably exposed to child predators all because you maybe sort of kind of stood up for yourself that one time."

-CTBHHM according to Natalie 

KattAngeline[Deleted User]Scarlet
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,500
    edited June 2014
    Chief_TC said:
    frillyfun said:

Yes- OMG birth control.  Get some condoms.  I would have jumped off a bridge if I found out I was pregnant at 4 months post partum.  I'm not even joking.

My wife and her older sister are 10 months apart in age. And her sister was born 2 months premature!

Can you imagine being pregnant with you second before your first was even supposed to be born?

I know plenty of folks like that, one of my daughter' friends was 5 months apart from her sibling. They spent time in the same NICU. They were so distracted by the first baby being there after 7 month pregnancy, they forgot all about BC.

"Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net