Keep the faith, it works

iam44iam44 earthSilver Member Posts: 59
edited July 2014 in Success Stories

Hey gang. I have not really been around here in a long time. I actually started in Early January 2013, but a few months ago I had Athol wipe my identity and posts etc due to a somewhat nuclear meltdown on the home front.

I started this post as a kind of update / success story / confessional / word of encouragement to those who are new to the red pill.

Before I was wiped I had some 650 posts and climbing, lots of participation and an endless array of victim pukes. I'll give you the very quick triage now as a back grounder.

Married 11 years now, 9.5 years when I found MMSL, thanks @britguy68, I owe you big time for shining a light on it and leading me here. When I found this site, I went out and got the book and inhaled it in less then a day. I was 35 lbs over weight, in a sex starved marriage, I was and have descended into pure Beta hell, despite having grown up as naturally kind of Alpha. As soon as I read the book I knew, right away that it was right in so many ways (Married man sex life primer was the book). I instantly could see so many instances of all this evo-bio stuff at play in my entire life, where I had succeeded and where I had failed.

So I set about MAPping like a mofo, and with the help of the fine folks here I started to make some serious progress in my life. I dropped 30 lbs, I stopped shit test in their tracks, I cleaned up my act and got focused, stopped smoking weed constantly as a way of avoiding my elephants. In short I started doing all the things that I should have been for my MAP.

However, I did one bad thing, and that is sort of the ultimate Beta sin as I have come to learn in the last 18 months or so. I played the victim card for a long time. I fell into the trap of "You can't MAP a medical". In truth it's not a trap, it's an excuse. I spent a lot of time here whining about how my wife suffered from anxiety, and depression and general asexuality. While I worked away at restoring my body and my confidence, I let that become a cop out on dealing with the harder emotional issues in our relationship. sure enough she was suffering from those things and she was taking a bunch of medicines that certainly suppressed her libido. they also happened to make her gain a bunch of weight, so she was not feeling too great about herself either.

So in the course of pounding away at the easy part of my MAP, the physical, I cut her off sexually. I was so frustrated with the decline in our sex life in our marriage over the course of two kids and a decade of wild structural changes etc, that I said "fuck it". I chose to not initiate for almost a year. at first it made some sense to me, it allowed some time and space between us on sex and it served to defuse the issue at first. I mean when you are only getting starfish sex once a month if that for a long time, well, a break of a few months really doesn't seem that bad does it?

The mistake I made however was to demonize my wife a bit. I ascribed to her motives that were not real, like, "she is just using me for housing and money and doesn't really care about me that much". Now pre red pill I had made all the classic Beta mistakes, do more housework to get more sex, she should love me for who I am, we're married, am I not owed sex to some extent. I was a passive aggressive bitch who was the absolute opposite of outcome independence when she would pre-emptively throw out "not tonight dear signals".

again, I made every mistake possible pre red pill.

I'll break this into a couple of posts to make it easier to digest...

I had my profile deleted not long ago, I have actually been here since early 2013, I'm not new
shibariMariaHildaCornersnewredpillrecruitSaigoTakamoriAlphaBelleConsignedToTheFlamesimpulsive_brat[Deleted User]BlueWolf

Comments

• iam44iam44 earthSilver Member Posts: 59

So for the next 7 days we worked long and hard to move the boat, and at some points were running 24 hour days in a watch system. she had to take responsibility for driving the boat in some tricky conditions and it challenged her in a positive way. She stepped up to the role and impressed me with her dedication and effort, the likes of which I had not seen in years. As for the medicine, well it ran out, and we had a back up plan for what to do if she really went off the rails without it, but she didn't. In fact she was fine without it. No doubt it was helped by the strict routine and structure of our life on the boat, but it was fine.

for me this was a major turning point. for both of us it was a major turning point. Because it suggested that perhaps all the medical was "much ado about nothing" or just medical practitioner over-reach. either way for the first time in a long time we stopped viewing her as the VICTIM of a medical condition. She felt empowered and I felt a connection and a sense of respect that had long been absent.

upon successful completion of our trip she promptly worked with her doctor to wean her off the medications she had been on in a slightly more structured way than what had transpired on the boat. but she / we did it with confidence that if she could survive the trip without it, and with some solid routine and structure, that she could likely do without the drugs at home.

This was really important because it launched both of us out of a victim mentality with regards to the medical and allowed us to work together to push forward through whatever might happen without the drugs.

At that point I knew I ad to begin to start to let go of some of my bitterness about what I would call her "failings".  Truth is it took some time to do that, and that's on me. I was distracted with a huge project and I used that as a wedge between us to allow me to continue to dodge the issues for another few months. In that time, to her credit, she began working hard to lose weight and all of a sudden it started to work. Once she got off her Valrpoic acid she was suddenly able to lose the weight she had been working on for ages. It went in stops and starts, but today, she sits at the weight she was on our wedding night. She deserves my full respect for her pulling this off as it was truly an act of will on her part. Nice job babe!

Now fast forward to Christmas of 2013. We still had issues and I was still kind of hiding out in my own MAP avoiding two elephants. 1. Our finances, we had been running at a monthly loos for some time, as I had expected that she would be bringing in at least some income. So I had to finally knuckle down and at least clean up our finances which I had been avoiding. elephant number two was our non-existent sex life that I was still resolutely avoiding. At this point I was likely more consumed with fear of how to reengage without looking like an idiot and in turn I was actually back sliding on my MAP. I was gaining weight again, being indifferent and falling into a victim trap.

I had my profile deleted not long ago, I have actually been here since early 2013, I'm not new
    shibarinewredpillrecruitSaigoTakamoriBlueWolf
  • MongrelMongrel Pennsylvania, USASilver Member Posts: 1,869

This should be under "Success Stories" so it doesn't get lost. @Serenity ?

"If you're not happy with your life, you've got to identify why, and do something about it." -- Mandrill
    "Treating her like a princess didn't make me a prince, it made me a servant."
    Link to triage questions:  http://marriedmansexlife.com/triage-your-relationship-and-the-911-er-category/

HildaCornersDod
  • CapsterCapster Silver Member Posts: 607

Is there a Cliff Notes version?

BetaGeek
  • newredpillrecruitnewredpillrecruit Lego LandGold Men Zen Garden Posts: 1,328
    Thank you for sharing.

Truly inspiring.

Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great. - Niccolo Machiavelli 

My wife is on the forum as sweet_avenue

JellyBeanWendyOlddog
  • SisyphusSisyphus Silver Member Posts: 1,094

I needed some inspiration lately so thanks!

• ahaaha GASilver Member Posts: 98
    iam44 said:

Then eventually without realizing it, once you've started to gain some traction after countless false starts, numerous soft initiations that you try to rationalize were actually hard initiations, all of a sudden a kind of calm starts to ease over you. This is a great time because you've finally internalized the red pill. Then you are not acting alpha, you simply are Alpha.

It is downright creepy how accurate your "arc of experience" stages are.  And this paragraph... I had to read over and over.  This is essential for true progress, and I think I'm on the brink of it ... meaning I'm on the brink of success.  

Congrats to you, and thanks for taking the time to share your story.  I needed this hope today. 

• SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075

Rock On!  I am still walking the path of those who have gone before me.  Thanks for Cleaving the way a bit.

Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
    BlueWolf
  • sashasasha Gold Women Posts: 1,130
    edited July 2014

I saved your entire post for future reference and inspiration. Thank you!! and so happy for you and your wife.