Frustration,Frustration,Frustration!

Comments

• ConradConrad MidwestSilver Member Posts: 810

Telephones aren't the only way to reach someone.

Facebook, internet searches.... spokeo...

Dig in.

• IceManIceMan CASilver Member Posts: 621
    Have you seen a lawyer yet? Up until you had proof that she was still in contact with him I wasn't going to suggest it because it has the risk of escalating into a game of chicken but you gave an ultimatum (A/B) right? You have to follow through. You need to protect your parental rights, your lawyer needs to make sure your child stays with you and is protected from being taken from you. Your wife is not thinking straight and your child needs you to protect him from this crazy.

Do you have OM's name? phone? address? Spokeo.com should have a list of relationships. What methods have you tried to find her?

Also figure out how she is using her phone to talk to him with out it showing up on the account. There is probably a burner phone, find it. 

You don't want to give her knowledge of the VAR but if that is all you have it is plenty.

"Calm seas never made a good sailor" English Proverb

"We can not fix a problem with the same level of thinking that caused it" A. Einstein

The_DudeCartB4HorsePandaBear7
  • CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155

DON'T REVEAL THE VAR!!  Critical mistake at this point, it's all that you've got.

Keep anything that you find in a safe location.  Forward emails to yourself.  Change your own passwords on comms so that your wife doesn't have access to them, especially if that's where you will forward information.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

IceManDod

I just went and re-read this thread.  You have your wife FBing with the POSOM and you now say he is married.  Good, FB is where you can do a lot of your searching.

Follow the trail from your wife's FB to POSOM's FB to his wife's FB.  Let us know how that turns out.

Also, any luck with a keylogger?  Does your wife use a computer at home at all?  You need to get passwords without her knowledge.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

• IceManIceMan CASilver Member Posts: 621

DON'T REVEAL THE VAR!!  Critical mistake at this point, it's all that you've got.

Keep anything that you find in a safe location.  Forward emails to yourself.  Change your own passwords on comms so that your wife doesn't have access to them, especially if that's where you will forward information.

^^^^This is correct, only reveal the VAR as an absolute last resort. The information to take away here is that you need something to confront her with that she can't explain away. You need at least one piece of evidence she can't explain away and several that you won't let her know you know so that you can collaborate her story when she finally comes clean.

"Calm seas never made a good sailor" English Proverb

"We can not fix a problem with the same level of thinking that caused it" A. Einstein

CartB4Horse

Any evidence you gather can also be used to "prove" the EA to OM's wife beyond all reasonable doubt.  -- I had to do that in my case.

I believe your wife is sexting with this clown.  She shaves her pubes and wears nice panties.  Yup, sorry man.  Do phone records show pictures/data being transmitted?  It might be thru the other apps as well.

Keep the VAR's rolling.  Buy extra tapes if needed.  You shouldn't have to go on doing this very long before you go nuclear.

Eat, drink lots of water and get sleep.  Post here before you do ANYTHING.  We can help you out, we've got thousands of cumulative years experience with this shit.

DodCarebear
  • LothbrokLothbrok vaSilver Member Posts: 310

worst comes to worst start sending messages to his female friends on Facebook and sooner or later his wife will contact you. Be sure to copy their conversations in the messages.  Its a shitty thing to do but hey so is messing with another man's family.  Normally a wife is at least tagged in some of his pictues.  Hell send it to his mother and father if you have too. Show no mercy this guy is a pos and deserves none. 

If you can't find it ask your wife for his fb page.  Say you want to make sure she is not friends with him.  Then write the name down and start researching. At the very least get his number so you can call him.

ConradOneEyedDrunkCarebear

Dig in and blow it up... hard.

• 446446 ArkansasSilver Member Posts: 648

Address and cell phone number with no actual surveillance should be available at a reasonable price from a website or local private dick.

CartB4Horse
  • LazyAlphaLazyAlpha Silver Member Posts: 640
    Along the lines of Athol's suggestion for strong, bold moves, no harm in requesting that your wife tell you the OM's name and contact info. Probably unlikely for her to cave in, but it might trigger some twisted fitness test to see if you will actually do anything. If she gives it, then call the OM right in front of her. If not, well then at least her response will be some more evidence as to how addicted and unwilling to let go she really is.

• GuitarslingerGuitarslinger USASilver Member Posts: 155
    edited July 2014

Just search OM's name on your local gov't website under marriage licenses. Marriage licences are publc information and you can usually find them at no charge.

CarebearMr_Brown
  • Runnin_ManRunnin_Man USASilver Member Posts: 41

Ok Im back.  Let me fill ya all in. I dont even know where to start.  Please tell me if I have done something wrong.  I like contructive critisism. That how I learn.  I blew it up even more.  I was pretty firm with her about wanting proof of their"breakup".  She sent me a text of there last conversation saying that there relationship was over and that she needed to be there for her family and her kids.  So as far as she knows, Im good with it.  But Im not.  I cannot trust her right now.  I need more proof than that.  Should I call him, or do you think he will lie about it?  I still dont believe her yet.  I want to believe her, but sadly I cant.  She finally told me(crying)that she is very sorry for what she has done.  And that she wanted to be the best mom she can be.  Now even though she has cheated on me(she still says its not an emotional affair), her first priority is her kids.  I know she can be a good mom.  But a good wife?  I want her to be a good wife!

She has the flu right now,so Im trying to be a bit easy on her right now. But is that the right choice.  Or should I keep pounding her with questions?  I have yet to contact him, just seen text messages that my wife has sent me.  Should I believe her?

Honestly I am trying to keep our marriage intact.  I love her so much! I now realize where I have screwed up in or marriage.  Thanks to mmsl, I need to be a leader in our family, and not take her for granted.  But she needs to meet me half way.  If not, our marriage will never work.

Please help me!  What should I do next?  I am so confused?  So many thought running through my head right now?

• OlddogOlddog CanadaSilver Member Posts: 743

I think you should contact the OM's wife - just request her as a friend on Facebook and once you send the request then you can send her a carefully crafted message. I suspect she'll read it...

What do you mean you need 'more proof'? (I don't think open access to electronic devices is unreasonable...)

@the_dude?

"STOP.THAT." - Tennee
    "So it seems to me, that you can in fact, you can teach an old dog new tricks" - Jamie Hyneman
    "So that's like a foursome every time you guys get it on!  - Monkeys_Uncle h/t Katherine Kelly
  • LazyAlphaLazyAlpha Silver Member Posts: 640

You should absolutely talk to the OM if you can.  But not to listen to anything he says (of course he will lie).  You do all the talking and tell him that regardless of anything your wife says to him, between you and him, it is over.  Without crossing the line into terroristic threats, make it clear to him that there are absolutely going to be consequences for messing with you and your.  Follow up with the first consequence being a little chat with his wife. 

The point is to get this guy out of your wife's life, immediately.  She is unlikely to do it voluntarily.  You are going to have to make it happen.  Blocking the OM's game by disrupting his own marriage is totally something you can control. 

Secondary goal here is to do it in a way that demonstrates clearly you are the superior choice.  He might be messing around on the side with some part time fantasy, but you are playing for keeps.

al2682
  • al2682al2682 CheeseheadSilver Member Posts: 535
    LazyAlpha said:

You should absolutely talk to the OM if you can.  But not to listen to anything he says (of course he will lie).  You do all the talking and tell him that regardless of anything your wife says to him, between you and him, it is over.  Without crossing the line into terroristic threats, make it clear to him that there are absolutely going to be consequences for messing with you and your.  Follow up with the first consequence being a little chat with his wife. 

The point is to get this guy out of your wife's life, immediately.  She is unlikely to do it voluntarily.  You are going to have to make it happen.  Blocking the OM's game by disrupting his own marriage is totally something you can control. 

Secondary goal here is to do it in a way that demonstrates clearly you are the superior choice.  He might be messing around on the side with some part time fantasy, but you are playing for keeps.

I wouldn't wait for the future "first consequence being a little chat with his wife".  You should talk with his wife so there won't *need* to be a first consequence.

CartB4Horse

Yes, don't make the threat, make the call to OM's wife.  Do it for YOU.

edited August 2014

@Bozo13‌ ;

You seem reluctant to contact posOM's wife.

Is there a reason?

It is your single best move and this is puzzling to me.

al2682CartB4Horse
  • PoundingTheRockPoundingTheRock Silver Member Posts: 208

@Bozo13‌ listen to the people here.  Biggest advice I can have is to never reveal your sources of info.  This just gives the wayward spouse opportunity to drive it further underground.  Before you confront any more come here and get a plan.

MOST IMPORTANT: Do whatever it takes, including hiring a PI to find the OM's wife's info if needed.  As others have said, she will be instrumental as an ally.  

"When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis