Eyes open, pissed, scared and other updates.

Comments

• dubleyuteaeffdubleyuteaeff East CoastMember Posts: 75

Done. Can I ask what are some "soft-toss" leadership moments, and leadership moments in general?

My Triage for reference.
  • The_DudeThe_Dude Hollywood Star LanesGold Men Posts: 4,583

@CartB4Horse‌ ;

The line that worried me was this ""I'm sorry if I was so forward last Friday, you're hard to read sometimes""

But she responded appropriately.  Gotta wonder what happened Friday though.  And what he meant by "hard to read".  But I wouldn't get all paranoid. Just amp it up. Drop the anger and think of it like a game you're going to win. 

CartB4HorseChanged_ManPersephone
  • CrashaxeCrashaxe Partytown, which is wherever I am.Gold Men Posts: 1,243
    edited July 2014

OMG. Anybody giving you advice on fixing this trainwreck of a relationship has obviously not read your prior threads.

I went to look at them, read one, and learned everything I need to know as far as what I would advise you to do. http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/10051/she-gave-back-the-engagement-ring/p1

You aren't even married to her and you are putting up with an insane amount of drama. It is only going to get worse if you marry her.

Get. Out. If you marry this woman your life is going to become a living hell and you will end up considering it the worst mistake you ever made in your life.

You need to read No More Mr. Nice Guy and do counseling or coaching to figure out why you would want to continue a relationship with a woman with so many issues.

I only attach photos like this to the worst relationships I read about. I am attaching it to yours.

“I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.” General James Mattis, USMC

Tiberius[Deleted User]OlddogZed
    edited July 2014

Yes I was very worried, but I know what he meant, she is very flirty, laughy and outgoing and sometimes boisterous, I've seen it since we've gotten together, she just get charmed by people, men especially, that pay her attention. I don't think she is doing it on purpose, because I've seen it happen since we first got together and she was totally on my nuts, she loves attention.

My Triage for reference.
  • CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155

@Notheisenberg answered that one nicely.  She asks "which shoes look better with these pants?"  Pick a pair, it doesn't matter.  Soft toss.

Other ones are ask her to do something for you.  I ask my wife to iron a shirt for me to wear to work the next day.  I try to ask her to do something for me every day.

Can anyone post the link?

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

Crashaxe unhelpful, unwarranted and unwanted. Go troll elsewhere, have you even posted a triage? why are you here?

My Triage for reference.
    Mustachepu1pj1tt3rsChanged_Man[Deleted User]
    I would say our problems and drama come more from my issues than hers, thus I am here. Either I become better and move on, or fix this one. Either way I need help.

My Triage for reference.
  • ConradConrad MidwestSilver Member Posts: 810

Crashaxe unhelpful, unwarranted and unwanted. Go troll elsewhere, have you even posted a triage? why are you here?

He's trying to get your attention.

Detach from the moment and read the words you're writing about her.

They look like excuses for behavior that she and you both know is wrong.

She's likely very attractive and funny and you feel lucky to have her.

What Axe is saying - very directly - is that your relationship dynamic is upside down.

She's the leader.

That rarely works well for the long-term.

CrashaxeMustacheMsChiefpu1pj1tt3rsBlackwulf[Deleted User]

I'm sure that he's right, the path that were on we will crash and burn. I don't want that, I know it's wrong and that's why I am here.

My Triage for reference.

I just read the thread @crashaxe posted and it was interesting.  Even more reason to MAP like a motherfucker.

Couple things I picked up.  Your fiance has a special needs child.  Any other children for either of you?  Do you live together, and if so is the child always with you?  What's the relationship between the child and his/her father like?

Your snowflake has some serious luggage coming into this marriage; luggage that gives you leverage.

I won't recommend pulling the eject handle just yet, but be wary of its location.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

@_io‌ So she did respect me at one point, and occasionally defers to me. Can I get it back? How?

My Triage for reference.

@CartB4Horse‌  My understanding of the child has grown since that post, he is not as special needs as I thought, but he is very needy, may have some ADD and ODD tendencies. He lives with us during the week, and visits dad most weekends. Our relationship is better, he shows quite a bit of respect to me now, even more than he does to her. No other kids for either of us yet, but she wants more and so do i. I know she has baggage, and I'm the one with the leverage, in the past I've just let her get away with murder because she's leveraged the p*ssy.

My Triage for reference.

Your understanding of the child has grown since that post....  How long have you been with this woman?  How long have you lived together; and has her son always lived with you during the week?

As for the respect, yes you can get that back.

Lived with him about a year now. Was a toddler when I met him, he's talking now, 6, a lot bigger and mature. And I pay more attention to him. I was a bad stepfather for a while.

My Triage for reference.
    CartB4Horse
  • MustacheMustache Ottawa, OntarioSilver Member Posts: 204

dubleyuteaeff Get out of this relationship while you still can, with no cost to you.

In my opinion nobody should have to work on a new relationship. On themselves maybe, but not on the relationship. Most people here have long established issues that they are addressing. Having the amount of drama you are experiencing before marriage and I believe in not much more than 2 years total relationship, that's crazy.

I believe a healthy relationship should come naturally. If you need to work right from the start with all sorts of outside advice, why would you do that? It's obviously not functioning.

And drop the pot, daily use is like a daily drinker.

If you marry her, I see alimony in your future.

CartB4Horse
  • pu1pj1tt3rspu1pj1tt3rs TexasSilver Member Posts: 78
    @dubleyuteaeff‌ I agree, it is eject time. You're not even married. So many red flags. Then work like hell on yourself. Next time should be better.

Or you could give her/the relationship ONE last chance.  But this will be an uphill battle all the way.

Have you set a date yet?

• DancenyDanceny Ft. Collins, COSilver Member Posts: 998

Why on earth are you even considering marrying a single mom?

Mustache