Eye Contact

2»

Comments

• CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155

Eye contact is HUGE!  Since I've been looking at my wife in the eye she has started to look back longer before she breaks the gaze and looks away.  We are communicating without saying anything.  It feels good.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

OlddogfordsvtEANx
  • LothbrokLothbrok vaSilver Member Posts: 310

my wife loves the danel craig in the James Bond movies. And since one of my monkeys this month is body language I have been watching his movies and taking notice of his posture and eye contact. There is a great video on YouTube pionting out his body language when he first meets Vespa on the train. Funny thing is if you look at danel craig he is not that good looking but he dresses well is in shape and has perfect body language.  

fordsvt
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    I make huge effort with eye contact with her. It's making a difference I believe. It shows interest connection and full attention. Daniel Craig is an excellent example. 

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

• JekJek CaliforniaMember Posts: 1,520
    I rarely make eye contact with someone that I have no need to interact with.  I could not care less if a woman looks at me, if I have no intention of pursuing her.  I see no point to eye contact with a man/woman that is serving me a coffee. And idgaf if someone on the street decides that I am a "worthy threat" that deems it necessary to try to win a eye contact war with.  
    I do engage in eye contact in situations that are getting me what I want and where I want to go.  Anything else is wasted energy.
  • EANxEANx Local GroupSilver Member Posts: 509
    I'm not in the habit of engaging in juvenile staring battles but I feel that looking people in the eye has many benefits. In a server / customer relationship, it tells the server that the customer recognizes them as a person and understands that their food/drink doesn't just magically appear, delivered by elves. Ever since I've made the conscious effort to look servers in the eye and say, service at places I frequent has gone way up.

Looking people in the eye takes little energy and typically has great benefits. I fail to see a good reason not to do so (when culturally appropriate).
    MiddleMan