Was this a shit test? Did I pass?

August_WestAugust_West New JerseyMember Posts: 127

Setting the scene: we're on our way home from dinner. I sent text messages earlier in the day indicating a desire to give FO something special when we got home.

FO: So by something special, did you mean sex?

Capt. West: Sex isn't special?

FO: Oh, it's nice, but it isn't everything. I kind of see sex as the icing on the cake of our relationship.

Cpt. West: I like that analogy, but I kind of see sex as the flour - without it, the cake kind of collapses.

FO: So do you mean that sex is the only thing that is holding up our relationship?

Cpt. West: No. There are other things that hold a cake together - butter, eggs, baking powder - and those are things like our friendship and our loyalty - but without any one of them, you don't have a cake anymore.

FO: So if your dick stopped working, our marriage would collapse.

Cpt. West: I have tools other than my penis that you know are perfectly capable of pleasing a woman - and I'm sure we'd find something else that works for me.

FO: It sounds suspiciously like the only thing that matters to you right now is sex.

Cpt. West: If we forget the flour, we fuck up the cake.

FO gave the silent treatment for two hours after that, then initiated some beta-style snuggling. Captain West went to bed feeling loved, but unsatisfied.

Comments

• Frank_LondonFrank_London in transitSilver Member Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2014

This is the shit test/loyalty test coin. One side: shit test, the other side, loyalty test. Which is it? In this scenario, I vote loyalty test.

It reads like she was trying to send you a message.

Maybe you've been very focused on sex and she wanted beta affirmation (which she got).

August_West
  • UMPUMP EarthMember Posts: 403
    edited August 2014

F.O. So by something special did you mean sex?

Capt. Yes.

F.O. Oh, it's nice, but it isn't everything. I kind of see sex as the icing on the cake of our relationship.

Capt.  OK. You can bake me a cake after sex.

FO. So do you mean that sex is the only thing holding up our relationship?

Capt. No, your cake baking skills is the only thing holding up our relationship.

F.O. So if your dick stopped working our marriage would collapse?

Capt. No, I would get a prosthetic dick.

F.O. It sounds suspiciously like the only thing that matters to you right now is sex.

Capt. No, great sex is the only thing that matters to me right now.  When we get home, go take a shower and put on those funky boots and I'll bake the cake.

Edit: In my example, the F.O. has spoken the exact same words, but the Capt. has defused everything and turned it into a fun light hearted exchange, probably leading to sex.

August_WestMiddleManDarKeyes
  • fredlessfredless Silver Member Posts: 2,842

Agree with rebuilding husband--too much talking.

When she made the "icing on the cake" comment, Innuendo Man should have made an appearance.

And keep this in your back pocket--At some point, your wife will imply or state directly that you only want her for sex.  This, in my opinion, is a loyalty test.  Look her in the eyes and say, "If I just wanted sex, I know I can have sex with lots of different women.  I choose to have sex only with you.  I choose you."  Then kiss her. 

August_WestAngelineDarKeyesBourneAgain
  • CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155

STFU.  When you sent the text it went straight to the hamster.  You told the furry creature you wanted some action that night and it got busy shutting you down.

Drive bys and initiation shouldn't be verbal (at this point in your MAP).  Get cerebral.

Good try on the sext though.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

AngelinefordsvtAugust_West
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300

Too much talking.  Own your sexuality. Don't quantify it in words. Lots of good examples up there. 

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

DarKeyesAugust_West
  • RangerJohnRangerJohn God's CountrySilver Member Posts: 179
    No baby...sex is the oven that provides the heat necessary to have a cake. The multiple O's are your icing!

August_West
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300

Sounds like you had a great night. Ended it great too. Nice job. It's amazing how actions and leadership speak way louder than words. I've learned this too and it's a great feeling. 

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

• CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155

And when you shut down a shit test...... That's just girl candy!

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl