13 year old daughter tells me she has a boyfriend, wants to go to the movies.

13»

Comments

• JesusMarimbaJesusMarimba Silver Member Posts: 1,282
    edited October 2014
    One night, during my freshman year of college, a group of guys and girls were sitting around drinking and the age of their first time came up. EVERYONE, with the exception of myself, lost their virginity at or before age 15. This was in 1990.

• IceManIceMan CASilver Member Posts: 621
    Hi @Maria, it's been a while since I have been on the forum. Thanks for the video and lyrics. I can almost follow along with the song. The song does ring true, we sent her to South America in July on her own expecting that it would be a growing experience for her. She did grow quite a bit. She is the one with the most common sense. She had a second outing with her "bf", bowling with his parents and friends.

I have to take the stance that I can stop her from dating but I have seen that go horribly wrong. My parents were like that, as a result my oldest sister married the loser next door just to escape. My second oldest sister ran away to Mexico with her boyfriend. Another sister was smarter just had a big fight with dad and moved out at 18, they didn't speak for years. 

Little girls growing into young ladies is the natural progression of life. The best we can do is stay involved and guide and make sure they learn how to be in an age appropriate relationship. But honestly most of the teaching happens before puberty, all a parent can do now is watch, correct, and hope you have taught her well.

"Calm seas never made a good sailor" English Proverb

"We can not fix a problem with the same level of thinking that caused it" A. Einstein

MariaTungstenCarbideLiquidSound[Deleted User]
  • EightbitEightbit DruidiaGold Men Posts: 2,410
    One night, during my freshman year of college, a group of guys and girls were sitting around drinking and the age of their first time came up. EVERYONE, with the exception of myself, lost their virginity at or before age 15. This was in 1990.

Yeah no peer pressure to lie there?  LOL
    Insert witty, insightful signature here.