High previous partner count lowers female satisfaction with marriage - but not male

2»

Comments

• MissMissyMissMissy North AmericaSilver Member Posts: 152
    edited August 2014
    So what's an early 20's woman who will soon be entering the dating market to look for a red pill LTR supposed to do? I haven't been finding a lot of red pill dating advice for women my age, besides The Rules Revisited.

Evo-psyche says that I'm at my peak attractiveness, but it seems that most men not too far from my age are either player alphas not wanting to commit or betas wanting to lock me down. I've dated a couple early 30's guys but the decade age difference was off-putting. I've so far been having lots of first dates and ending them after that because I can usually tell which category they fall into after that, so I keep my N low, but I feel like I'm flying blind so to speak with respect to a dating strategy. What makes it even harder is that it seems like there are so few MMSL-type guys out there with a good mix of both alpha and beta...
    GuitarslingerOlddogJoanna
  • LL80LL80 USASilver Member Posts: 3,309
    @shibari said:

Also, I think solving the slut/prude conundrum is not the most pressing problem of a girl in today's LTR marketplace, especially if she is 30+ and Red Pill aware (for lack of a better term). Finding an available guy she's highly attracted to, with healthy libido, lots of good alpha, who has his shit together and a plan and who really goes for what he wants and who is highly attracted to her ... will be enough of a challenge.

Ain't that the truth?

shibari
  • MissMissyMissMissy North AmericaSilver Member Posts: 152
    Haha, @shibari‌ we cross-posted... That's exactly my struggle.
  • Frank_LondonFrank_London in transitSilver Member Posts: 1,853
    MissMissy said:

Evo-psyche says that I'm at my peak attractiveness, but it seems that most men not too far from my age are either player alphas not wanting to commit or betas wanting to lock me down.

That seems to be the gamut right there; guys who want short term and guys who want long term.

I guess if you're really at 'peak attractiveness' what you are really hoping for is to snare an alpha into a long term relationship. Right?
  • RorschachRorschach "Just ask the axis ..."Silver Member Posts: 1,458

Not Pareto optimal in either case.

• growingafamilygrowingafamily chicagoSilver Member Posts: 1,841

I would think conservative Christianity would be enforcing the idea that both sexes report higher satisfaction with lower partner count. At least in the branch I was raised in (and still adhere to) all things are equal as far as what's sinful or not for one sex is sinful or not for the other as well.

_io[Deleted User]HopeAndHardWorkTPoke
  • OneEyedDrunkOneEyedDrunk Out West Silver Member Posts: 1,808
    MissMissy said:
    So what's an early 20's woman who will soon be entering the dating market to look for a red pill LTR supposed to do? I haven't been finding a lot of red pill dating advice for women my age, besides The Rules Revisited.

Evo-psyche says that I'm at my peak attractiveness, but it seems that most men not too far from my age are either player alphas not wanting to commit or betas wanting to lock me down. I've dated a couple early 30's guys but the decade age difference was off-putting. I've so far been having lots of first dates and ending them after that because I can usually tell which category they fall into after that, so I keep my N low, but I feel like I'm flying blind so to speak with respect to a dating strategy. What makes it even harder is that it seems like there are so few MMSL-type guys out there with a good mix of both alpha and beta...

I think keeping your N low is pretty much what's recommended. Don't be riding the "cock carousel" as it's known around the manosphere. Just be cool, friendly, display high value, and what you want will come to you. Guys gotta do all the work. Women just need to show up and be feminine. 

oneeyeddrunk.weebly.com
    Joskin_NoddJoannaPaleoDad
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046

I realize I'm somewhat of a outlier in that my personal and professional life have such overlap, but if @Jen_Kay dies I don't believe I'd date much, if at all. Spinning plates just seems like a timesink.

I would eventually put a shingle out that I was looking for a wife though. Potential future wives would be thoroughly test-driven before any nupitals, but I don't think it's the first thing that happens in the interview process.

I also have a type of woman that I'm interested in for a LTR/Marriage. We *might* have sex on the third date. But we'd have fairly intently vetted each other by then.

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

CarrotcakeMonkeys_UnclePhoenixDownOlddog
  • judyjudyjudyjudy UKGold Women Posts: 904

I find this interesting because Mr. Judyjudy isn't bothered so much by my number, but that I've had two long-term live-in partners before him. He appears to find me having shared "the whole package" offputting in the same way some may find a high number offputting.

[Deleted User]TungstenCarbideMissMissyLouise
  • RorschachRorschach "Just ask the axis ..."Silver Member Posts: 1,458

I think what it comes down to is that short-term and long-term, or dual, mating strategies evolved for both men and women. As Athol implicitly pointed out, the manosphere likes to focus on the female dual mating strategy ("alpha f**ks/beta bucks), while privileging the male dual strategy (it is, after all, the manosphere).

These male and female strategies evolved together, essentially in conflict. As Robert Wright has written, the minds of men are a reflection of the evolution of women, and vice versa (or something like that--I don't have the exact quotation).

The strategies are always already in conflict, and there is no reason to think they should answer to our normative expectations or be conducive to our individual happiness. This is because the strategies evolved, in relation to the marginal minimum parental investment of each sex, solely in order to replicate our "selfish genes" in the next generation, and not to make us happy.

RebornPersephoneHopeAndHardWorkPaleoDad