Dirndls for everyone!

MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
Oktoberfest is coming and where I live women buy dirndls like crazy.
Found this galery of lovely dirndls and thought you might like to click through it.
I like both the fun and fresh interpretations and the traditional ones.

http://www.weekend.at/deluxe/stylishes-almrauschen-moderne-dirndl-de-luxe-zum-nachshoppen/4.360.073/slideshow#4360073,4363853

Comments

• BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530
     :p 
    It's good beta.
    MariaPurpleOlddog
  • BourneAgainBourneAgain Gold Men Zen Garden Posts: 1,660
    YAAY! :smiley: 

"Keep practicing the behaviors you want to reinforce. You will gradually change the wiring in your brain." - Serenity

"The universe doesn't give you what you ask for with your thoughts; it gives you what you demand with your actions." - Steve Maraboli  (via Rapunzel)

"Choose to enjoy the shit that makes up your life."  - AlphaBelle

MariaOlddog
  • CrashaxeCrashaxe Partytown, which is wherever I am.Gold Men Posts: 1,243
    Drool....

“I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.” General James Mattis, USMC

MariaOlddog
  • MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    More dirndls.
    @BourneAgain,
    perhaps there's one for your wife among these?
    @mrs_h,
    I'm in awe! I couldn't do that for my life!

Sweet and lovely, great attention on detail:
    http://shop.lenahoschek.com/tradition.html

Couture:
    http://www.mothwurf.com/home/

Understated dirndls:
    http://www.ploom.at/dirndl.html

Fancy and inexpensive:
    http://www.sportalm.at/en/collections/tracht-dirndl

_____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
    PurpleOlddog
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    edited September 2014
    Note for shopping list ... buy a dirndl!

This reminds me of a song I heard at a Renfair ... I've changed a few words to fit the current topic.

Why doesn't my dirndl
    Fit as well as your dirndl
    When I have in my dirndl
    Twice as much as you?

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    PersephoneshibariMaria
  • PurplePurple Silver Member Posts: 793
    I want a dirndl!! :heart_eyes: 

There is joy in this path, too.

PersephoneLiquidSound
  • PersephonePersephone Northeast USSilver Member Posts: 565
    Note for shopping list ... buy a dirndl!

This reminds me of a song I heard at a Renfair ... I've changed a few words to fit the current topic.

Why doesn't my dirndl
    Fit as well as your dirndl
    When I have in my dirndl
    Twice as much as you?
    @hildacorners, I'm going to my first one this year!! *does happy dance*

@maria, Thanks for posting, they're beautiful and I want them all.
    Maria
  • growingafamilygrowingafamily chicagoSilver Member Posts: 1,841
    Please don't let @cdddd see this we don't have money for any MORE dirndls.
    PurpleAngelineOlddog
    Why are they so sexy?  

Reminds me of the Polish girls from the Eurovision challenge. 
    It's good beta.
    Maria[Deleted User]Angeline
    It's good beta.
    Please don't let @cdddd see this we don't have money for any MORE dirndls.
    Now we expect pics of your dirndls! :-)

@shibari said:
    Very understated dirndls (my favourites).
    The models don't wear them (tight) fitting enough, though.

http://www.derochse.de/en/index.html

Love your links, @Maria‌ <3
     It's a pity my wife doesn't like dirndls :|
    Those are lovely! Perfect in their simplicity - and thus very close to the original traditional clothes the dirndl stems from. Nothing to distract from the beautiful texture of linen, wool and cotton.

shibari
    My current dirndl (read: not the one I made when I was 19, which I totally do not fit in anymore) is a mish-mosh of German and Austrian pieces. I hope it doesn't make anyone cry. Maybe I'll find a pic and edit my face out later. Heck maybe I'll find a pic of the old one too and you can see how skinny I was before kids :P
    edited September 2014
    My current dirndl (read: not the one I made when I was 19, which I totally do not fit in anymore) is a mish-mosh of German and Austrian pieces. I hope it doesn't make anyone cry. Maybe I'll find a pic and edit my face out later. Heck maybe I'll find a pic of the old one too and you can see how skinny I was before kids :P
    Every dirndl is a mish-mash anyway, especially the traditional ones! That was exactly the point: to use up materials.  The apron used to be made from an old, re-used piece of duvet cover.

And you can't have enough dirndls ;)
    I have four of them, Gexi Tostmann, Austria's most famous dirndl tailor, has over 300. Almost enough for for a different one for every day of the year.
    cdddd
    @mrs_h said:

I'm a fan of the low, square neckline. I've been trying to find a shelf/demi bra like that, but haven't had much luck (finding one I like)

If you pick a dirndl that's zipped or buttoned up the front you don't necessarily need a dirndl- (or balconet) bra as long as you make sure the bodice is very, very tight. As it should be!
    Good dirndl bodices are cut and sewn like corsets. They push everything up that needs to be pushed up if they fit well.
    Purple
    edited September 2014
    @shibari said:
    Two hints:

1. They sell special dirndl bras, and that's not just a marketing thing. Standard push-up bras won't cut it. Shelf could work, but what do I know? I don't have boobs :wink: Ask @Maria, she has plenty :smiley: 

Yes, pushup bras are the DEVIL when you wear them to a dirndl. Don't do that! They create cleavage by basically flattening your boobs and that will destroy your silhouette in a dirndl. The pads won't save you. You want an overall shapely, rounded look.

Dirndl bras are hard to get, but totally worth it. Balconet or shelf bras work, too.
    Normal bras are preferable to pushups and - as I said - if the bodice is a corset closed from the front, it won't look half bad even without a special dirndl bra.
    shibari
    Oh gosh there is no cleavage for mine. no push up bras needed. these are for going out, not bedroom use!

I am lame and can't edit my own face out of pictures so you'll have to wait until my H gets home.
  • cddddcdddd ChicagoSilver Member Posts: 225
    And I'll just leave this here

http://www.dirndlmag.de/