Dirndls for everyone!

124»

Comments

• BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530
    Maria said:
    You just called an Austrian Germanic! That's like calling an American a Brit or the other way round. No more pics!!! ;)
    Heck - I am Germanic from my Norwegian heritage. Germanic countries include:

- Austria
    - Belgium (except the French parts)
    - Denmark 
    - Germany
    - United Kingdom
    - Netherlands
    - Norway
    - Sweden

"The term has been used to refer to ethnic groups who speak a Germanic language and have ancestral and cultural connections to the group in ancient times,"

You can blame my Latin background. Latin language. I have no racial Latino background. 
    It's good beta.
    AngelineshibariTenneeMaria
  • BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530
    I'm Germanic through my grandparents, who were from a village in Transylvania that had a Saxon history of almost 1000 years. It's now Romania but was Hungary for a long time.

I particularly like the reaction of a woman when I tell her that while admiring her neck.
    You are descendant from Hungary vampires?
    It's good beta.
    growingafamily
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    @BetaGeek said:
    Aren't there any more pictures of Oktoberfest dirndls from our Germanic friends? Please?

I took it upon myself to do some further...research. 

See, I told you its Heaven. 

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    CowboyMaria
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    edited October 2015
    @Joanna said:

Urgh. Are those aprons stolen from a "sexy maid" Halloween costume?
    That's the kind of stuff you typically see vomiting tourists wearing...
    Maybe.  And maybe I don't care...  :D

ETA:  C'mon, its a Hafbrauhaus keg, its gotta be legit....
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    BetaGeekCowboyJoannaMaria
  • forestleafforestleaf At the farmGold Women Posts: 1,703
    @Tennee, TW and I met and shared many years together in the town where the first photo was taken.  It's not in Europe. :)

And @Joanna, that's a pretty dress!
    Joanna
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I'm Germanic through my grandparents, who were from a village in Transylvania that had a Saxon history of almost 1000 years. It's now Romania but was Hungary for a long time.

I don't know which village in that region my ancestors came from, but I'm "part vampire" too. :trollface:  (didn't find a vampire, but I did find this friendly fellow)

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I recently came across a bunch of old Burda sewing magazines ... I now have sewing patterns for dirndls. :D

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    MariashibariTiger_LilyCowboy