What's My Deal, Anyway?

12345679»

Comments

• CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155
    edited October 2014
    That works @MiddleMan.  Sometimes it's just for you.  Our wives get that, hell, mine has even said those words.

Our ansestors didn't sit around the fire wondering if the Princess wanted to get poked, they took it.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

MiddleManTennee
  • hppyirshhppyirsh NJMember Posts: 45
    MiddleMan said:
    Scarlet said:
    MiddleMan said:
    So, as ever, MiddleMan should just suck it up. MiddleMan shouldn't want BJTC. That's for other people. Not MiddleMan. Why can't MiddleMan just stop wanting this?
    Well, you're telling us that your wife should just suck it up and do something that she finds repulsive and upsetting.  

Marriage should be about a mutually beneficial relationship, not just about getting your way.  No one owes it to you to make up for the universe being a bit unfair.  That's a huge and unreasonable burden to place on your wife's shoulders. 
    We don't know she feels that way. How would we, she's never tried it?

And Jeez, I don't think the forum is getting an accurate picture here. I see my wife's unwillingness to give me BJTC as a rejection. Which it undeniably is, on several levels. This rejection hurts. I'm trying to change myself so that I don't get this rejection anymore.

I'm hearing a lot of reasons why I'm simply wrong for feeling this way. 
    I think I am most likely in the minority here but I can completely sympathize with how MM is feeling. I would see it as an act of rejection too, and especially after putting the work in on MAPing 
  • hppyirshhppyirsh NJMember Posts: 45
    Capster said:
    To my male brain, it is unfortunate that we have to go through all these mind games just to flip a switch in our wives.  As men, whenever we have a problem, we study the solutions and fix the problem.  If women were wired like men, they'd be the ones doing internet searches about how to unlock their own sexuality.  

So that's what's been the most frustrating part.  It's the fact that they don't take the initiative to figure out a solution, even when they realize there's a problem.  To the male brain, it's almost as if there's some secret code that they are intentionally keeping from us.

I know, I know.  I've read the books.  I know there's a difference in how they're wired compared to us.  That doesn't mean we can't be frustrated at all the rigmarole we have to go through sometimes.
    I am a woman who came to mmsl to figure myself out. It's also tough for a woman who is much more highly sexual than her H and doesn't know if upping her game will change him, but at least I'll feel great. 
    Tiger_Lily
  • CapsterCapster Silver Member Posts: 607
    hppyirsh said:
    Capster said:
    To my male brain, it is unfortunate that we have to go through all these mind games just to flip a switch in our wives.  As men, whenever we have a problem, we study the solutions and fix the problem.  If women were wired like men, they'd be the ones doing internet searches about how to unlock their own sexuality.  

So that's what's been the most frustrating part.  It's the fact that they don't take the initiative to figure out a solution, even when they realize there's a problem.  To the male brain, it's almost as if there's some secret code that they are intentionally keeping from us.

I know, I know.  I've read the books.  I know there's a difference in how they're wired compared to us.  That doesn't mean we can't be frustrated at all the rigmarole we have to go through sometimes.
    I am a woman who came to mmsl to figure myself out. It's also tough for a woman who is much more highly sexual than her H and doesn't know if upping her game will change him, but at least I'll feel great. 
    I must've been having a rough day back then!  We're all a product of our own personal situation.  Whatever we are accustomed to seems like the norm sometimes.
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898
    @Athol_Kay @Jen_Kay ;

This has been my big issue. I've come a long way since this thread was active. Or so I thought.