Baby Steps To Boundary Pushing

Comments

• OlddogOlddog CanadaSilver Member Posts: 743
    Again, and this is only from my own experience, but the trick is in keeping my brain from getting distracted/thinking during sex. (Things like 'I'm kinda tired/achy/sick/sore' to 'shit, I gotta get these things done tmr/this week/year' to 'I wish that body part wasn't so ugly' to 'shit, I hope I'm not smelly?' to 'gawd, what was that sound?' to 'what, why would he even want to do that/me to do that???' - and there is NO end to the variations  that can run through my head, lol.)

By knowing how much my SO is in the moment - by his obvious vocal and physical cues - THAT helps keeps me out of my head and able to enjoy the pleasure (mine and his!), and his encouragement creates a willingness to stretch boundaries (lizard brain gets greedy?).

But when I was shyer/more self-conscious, pointing out how wet I was would have definitely woken the 'good girl' part of my brain - NOT good!

It takes time, and trust, to (healthfully) evict that 'good girl'.

Don't get too caught up in the errors, build upon the successes like the one you just had. (And even then, there's no 'perfect' formula - not everything is going to work every time.) Just enjoying her and the moment will take you far, I think...

(Also it probably doesn't hurt to remember that I do not live with SO, so sex every day is not a realistic option for us or something we have to contend with...)
    "STOP.THAT." - Tennee
    "So it seems to me, that you can in fact, you can teach an old dog new tricks" - Jamie Hyneman
    "So that's like a foursome every time you guys get it on!  - Monkeys_Uncle h/t Katherine Kelly
    MiddleManBlueWolfUnBetaMe
  • RorschachRorschach "Just ask the axis ..."Silver Member Posts: 1,458

Fantastic thread! Thank you. Just wanted to chime in about slow encouragement and not getting pissy or moody or anything remotely in that neighborhood--ever. Keep frame. Maybe it's obvious, but I think even more than being a big turn-off for her, you actually end up moving the goal post much further away and you end up entrenching the resistance. Ask me how I know...

KattMoonstoneUnBetaMeBlueWolf
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    edited September 2014
    Ditto to the great thread statement, this will be a great resource.  So, a couple things I've done lately, FWIW...

When making a statement or saying something,  it should be assertive and decisive, not timid.  "I'm going to fuck you hard" should be growled in her ear, not phrased like a question.  Dirty talk is the same way.  Mean what you say - firm, aggressive,  definitive.   This is no time for timidity. 

I am not afraid to push the hamster out of the way. I told her to change positions into doggy the other day.  "Really? Ugh grumble grumble"  Yes, really, and then I moved her.  I did this with the presumption I was getting my way.  Any hard No is respected of course, but I push through hamsterisms.   And I do it in a light frame, from the assumption that I am getting my way.

I've been doing some of @Katt‌ and @HopeAndHardWork‌ 's suggestions re: AS for a while now.  Play with the backdoor, rub, finger the outside.  She tolerates between  cheek play and some k knocking, but shuts it down after a while.   Ok. Progress.  A year ago I would have never even considered doing this at all.    I will keep this moving forward, knowing one day we'll get there.  Til then, I'm patient and will enjoy the ride.

Great thread !
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    UnBetaMeSisyphusOlddog
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    @SaigoTakamori‌ you reminded me - watch actions, not words.  W claims to hate dirty talk.  Yet the nails start their dance and she reacts to it positively.   Actions, not words.
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    SaigoTakamoriUnBetaMeOlddog
  • SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    Boo
    Ya
    Homie!
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
    Tennee
  • UnBetaMeUnBetaMe Through The GatesMember Posts: 1,211
    Olddog said:
    Again, and this is only from my own experience, but the trick is in keeping my brain from getting distracted/thinking during sex. (Things like 'I'm kinda tired/achy/sick/sore' to 'shit, I gotta get these things done tmr/this week/year' to 'I wish that body part wasn't so ugly' to 'shit, I hope I'm not smelly?' to 'gawd, what was that sound?' to 'what, why would he even want to do that/me to do that???' - and there is NO end to the variations  that can run through my head, lol.)

By knowing how much my SO is in the moment - by his obvious vocal and physical cues - THAT helps keeps me out of my head and able to enjoy the pleasure (mine and his!), and his encouragement creates a willingness to stretch boundaries (lizard brain gets greedy?).

But when I was shyer/more self-conscious, pointing out how wet I was would have definitely woken the 'good girl' part of my brain - NOT good!

This is an important piece for me as I know my wife has these thoughts. She is an ultra-planner type and is forever thinking about what she has to do, how to do it, when to do it... mindset.  

So, when she doesn't want to chase her 'O', but wants to please me, I can almost here these types of things going through her mind. This is what I am trying to change in order to make it better for both of us.

I honestly feel that if I can get her out of her own head, that she will enjoy it.  I think more dominance and what you have said above will be a key in helping me to get her there.

OlddogCaptain_Hammer
  • MiddleManMiddleMan Chicago BurbsSilver Member Posts: 1,898
    Here's an area where I have a lot of room for improvement. I want her to respond passionately; I need to give her something to work with. So I'm trying to be more vocal. I'm usually quiet, so is she. I'd like to do some dirty talk but I'm self conscious about it. So I'm trying to just vocalize more and see if I can draw her in that way as well.

Internally, it feels a bit like I'm faking it because it's a conscious thing for me. Perhaps it will feel more natural in time.
    SaigoTakamoriThe_DudeOlddogsoa2005
  • SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    Another thing I had success with:  Ala gods gift to him    When texting  I call her my sweet, or my love  or my girl   to set the tone
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
    UnBetaMeAngeline
  • OlddogOlddog CanadaSilver Member Posts: 743
    edited September 2014
    Or, bring out your inner 'Hot Chocolate'?

Even though my DD and I were goofing around when this came on the radio, the lyrics in the latter half made me think of this and the displaying passion thread :lol: 

I agree with @Katt, unless they were said at exactly the right moment, some of the dirty talk around here would not have the desired effect. You're better off with sounds IMO, and if you're feeling adventurous throw in some easier - neutral? - commands like kiss me, look at me etc.
    "STOP.THAT." - Tennee
    "So it seems to me, that you can in fact, you can teach an old dog new tricks" - Jamie Hyneman
    "So that's like a foursome every time you guys get it on!  - Monkeys_Uncle h/t Katherine Kelly
    KattUnBetaMeMiddleManPersephone
  • August_WestAugust_West New JerseyMember Posts: 127
    Olddog said:

I agree with @Katt, unless they were said at exactly the right moment, some of the dirty talk around here would not have the desired effect. You're better off with sounds IMO, and if you're feeling adventurous throw in some easier - neutral? - commands like kiss me, look at me etc.
    Neutral is probably not the best choice of descriptions if you're trying to be more assertive within your relationship and in bed. You need to be direct and to the point with commands. Think 2-3 word sentences, subject-verb-object. Or to put it more plainly, imagine you're starting out your command with "I want" or "I wish you'd" - but leave that out. You're not asking for something, you're stating a demand.

That's why using real words is better than just making noises. And as the thread title suggests, start small. Not neutral. Small. Baby steps. Sometimes, you won't even need to verbalize it. Put your spouse's hand somewhere you want it. Move them around yourself to change positions. Ideally, sex is intuitive. When you start to guide them somewhere, they'll figure it out and respond.
    UnBetaMeSisyphus