A Fun but Frustrating "Get her next time" for the MMSL Crew ;)

NotSoBriteNotSoBrite US/TaiwanSilver Member Posts: 88
edited September 2014 in Married Life
Just a little kevetching (sp?)…nothing awful but just feel rrrg today because of it. Because I don't want to comment vomit on her, you guys get it!

TL;DR at the bottom. 

So yesterday, started the day off with a little tiff of her testing my Alpha…I came through alright so off we're both happy and I've got a notch up for the day. Usually Saturdays are literally the only day of the week that we spend time together where there is even an option of catching a movie or the like after the kids go to bed, since the M-F involve crazy days & me needing my sleep and having to get up by 5:15 for work. 

ANYHOO…yesterday, after establishing Alpha early in the day. I take all 3 kids (8, 6, & 3.5) to an open house at a local gymnastic studio (read- wear them the hell out). Then I get the kids home, let them have some tv time while I clean a bit. I have a little coffee and tell the wife that we're having movie night after the kids go to bed. She's in. I make an early dinner. I take the kids out to the video rental place (instead of Netflix) just for something different. When I return, the wife is blissfully asleep on the couch. I let her sleep while the kids watch the movie and I make them popcorn. I end up basically watching the movie with them, since I haven't seen THEM all week either. Movie is over. As promised, we all go into the kitchen and they all get a little bit of ice cream. We sit at the kitchen table and have one of those fun, no fighting, great kids/dad conversations that you can never plan for but happen spontaneously. As we head downstairs, the wife is still asleep & the kitchen is a bit of a mess, but I'll be up to finish it all off. I help the kids brush their teeth, and snuggle them down to read a story. Once again, one of the few times that we're all snuggled in one bed, and the kids want daddy to snuggle them to sleep. There are certain things you don't say "no" too. 

Of course, I doze off. 

I wake up, think, "Shit" and hustle to the kitchen to clean. It's already clean. I look at the clock. It's 5am. I totally slept through the perfect night in that I totally set up on my own. And the wife cleaned the kitchen. Come to find out she was basically up from 11pm-3am, half getting some alone/Netflix time, and half waiting for me. She's not mad at all this morning, she just figured I needed the sleep. Me? I got great great sleep sure, but am pacing and pissed like a bull in Spain. To top it off, her cycle was timed pretty much right on for a night of "fun."

AAAHHHHHHHRRRRGGGGGGG!!!

Noone to blame but myself. THAT'S the worst part of it. 

TL;DR - Set myself up for the perfect got-the-kids-to-bed-movie-nookie-night... slept through it. 

Once again…nothing big, no huge, "Oh god, what have I done?" Just a nice, wonderful rrrgggg moment that I thought you could all relate/enjoy.

EDIT - Spelling…all kinds of spelling...
FrizWinterButchHobsonTigerMr_BrownCartB4Horse

Comments

• FrizFriz FloridaSilver Member Posts: 633
    Hey - Shit happens. Just enjoy the time with the kids and plan another nookie night.
    NotSoBrite
  • BetaTesterBetaTester MichiganSilver Member Posts: 404
    I do it all the time.  Mostly because she wants it all on her schedule.  
  • Mr_BrownMr_Brown east coastSilver Member Posts: 3,636
    OI FTW!! 
    Been an uphill battle, both ways, in three feet of snow, with newspapers for shoes, but I'm a better man for it!
  • SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    OI
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
    NotSoBrite
  • CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155
    Unintentional OI is the realist of real OI.  :)  BTDT.

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

NotSoBrite