IceIsNice's MAP

2»

Comments

• IceisniceIceisnice Parts UnknownMember Posts: 37
    I realize a lot of this sounds like beta, beta, beta, but just the idea that he's thinking of me in a way that's possibly not negative has me feeling better.  Some of the advice on here probably applies to women differently, so it's difficult to navigate it sometimes.
  • Tiger_LilyTiger_Lily Silver Member Posts: 772
    edited January 2015
    Have you told/showed him that you've noticed and appreciated his efforts? Positive reinforcement.
    edited January 2015
    Have you told/showed him that you've noticed and appreciated his efforts? Positive reinforcement.
    I hope so.  I've said thank you for everything as it's happened in a very appreciative way (not just in passing, plus a hug and kiss) since I really do appreciate it.
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    You gave him some he could do, instead of just knowing something was wrong.
    JekIceisnice
    Not much to update.  Still working on diet and exercise.  Getting into more of a routine on chores as well.  We've been getting along a lot better lately, but part of that is due to him working a lot more as well.  I feel like the house runs more smoothly if we have more time apart, like I can appreciate him more if he's not around too much.  Not sure if that's good or not, but the relative peace has been pleasant.

I did have a question though.  I have been eating dinner with the kid at our normal time and saving him a plate unless he has a business dinner, but I'm not sure if this is going to cause a problem or not.  He has mentioned how nice it is for us all to sit down together for a meal, but I really cannot justify feeding my child that late or letting them be the only one eating every night while I wait for hubby.  I feel like this is reasonable since I'm still cooking for everybody.  Not sure what to do.
  • mrsozzymrsozzy texasGold Women Posts: 1,950
    I save a plate when he's working late, which is a lot lately. I'm sure he wouldn't want you and the kids feeling hungry. You can have family time another night.
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    Save a plate for him; be glad he likes to sit down as a family, but he knows why it didn't happen.