Life is Beautiful

BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
i don't post or read much any more. This site can be time consuming and I'm too busy living. 

My MAP:

1. Be more disciplined about the quality of food I am eating. It's the only thing keeping me from looking awesome. 

2. Call my mom more. Call my friends more. I have gotten pretty introverted as my wife is an introvert and maintaining open lines of communication is time consuming and I am busy with work, work out, and wife (the 3Ws?). I will regret it if I lose these relationships. 

3. Be more proactive at work. I have a ton of great ideas that I don't pull the trigger on because I don't stay an extra hour. Hours are long, but I could go more and an extra hour per day would make it appear like I am doing 20 more hours of work each week. 

And that is it. Wife is doing great at work and we are getting along great. I can actually joke with her without her getting upset like she used to do. Both of us are volunteers for different non-profits. My job is great. Sex is great. Our non-existent kids aren't causing us any trouble. We save more for retirement each year than our combined incomes half our marriage ago. We are both getting in much better shape and we share the gym experience. Next year is our twentieth anniversary and I plan on:

A. Upgrading her ring
B. Taking her on an expensive vacation 
C. Remodeling the master bath

Positive energy is everywhere. 
It's good beta.
magentaTigertry_red_pillAngelineBeatriceSerenityfordsvtTenneeDaddyOhMongrelSaigoTakamorishibariJellyBeanMariaJesusMarimbanewredpillrecruit_io[Deleted User]PurpleBourneAgainAthol_KayAlphaBelleShepardWinterJoannaPhoenixDownPirouetteHildaCornersOlddogRebornSweet_AvenueScarletRorschachMoon_Girl

Comments

• SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    You Rock Sir!
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
    Purple
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    Sounds good. Glad to hear your making great progress.  

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

• AlphaBelleAlphaBelle In the South, y'all.Gold Women Zen Garden Posts: 1,863
    BetaGeek said:
    Bah.  This got moved to success stories.  Naughty moderators!  Whoever did this needs a spanking -- not for you, for me.  >:)
    Moving it to success stories means the people hiding in Gold Zen (like me) can see it!!! Good to hear you're doing so well, BG. :)
    "We must sail--sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it--but we must sail, and not drift or lie at anchor." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
    BetaGeek
    @alphabelle ;   Hey!  Sup Chica?  Good to see you!
    Sweat More...bitch less
    AlphaBelle
    @alphabelle ;   Hey!  Sup Chica?  Good to see you!
    Sup is drama, drama, drama. But it's good to see you too! :)
    "We must sail--sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it--but we must sail, and not drift or lie at anchor." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes
    You are the one, it hinges upon.

Do it.
    Sweat More...bitch less
    RebuildingHusband
  • thisisjenthisisjen Silver Member Posts: 1,164
    I am happy to see your name here again.    Don't be a stranger.

• BetaGeekBetaGeek Bringing the good betaSilver Member Posts: 1,530
    Not initiating -- settling for weekend sex -- but she is losing her energy at work though. 

My gym up to twice a week. 

Eating smarter. 

Getting way too many IOIs from students. 
    It's good beta.
  • nubbynubby Right HereSilver Member Posts: 1,964
    How is it possible to get too many
     Ioi's?
    Wayyyyyy too tempting. 
    It's good beta.
    Winter
  • LL80LL80 USASilver Member Posts: 3,309
    This update makes me sad.
    BetaGeek
    Just remind yourself that iois from college girls are lawsuit fodder and come from girls who are high on their ability to bring any man to his knees.  Lol

these IOIs are still a reflection on your attractiveness, because girls don't give them to just everyone...but *acting* on them would put you in the creepy/loser bucket, even if they actually let you have them.  because you are actually more attractive to them when you are off limits.  

Anyway.  Maybe that makes the temptation less? 

Besides, it would make so many of us other old-timers so sad to think you would cheat on your wife.  

Don't let your MAP die!! 
    BetaGeek[Deleted User]Katt
    The MAP isn't dead. It is just MAP-lite. I am still moving forward slowly. The key is to identify it and then do better. 

I I also have gotten a huge raise recently, lead successful projects, and started learning my 9th instrument.  I am learning how to cook too. 

The bad thing is mostly that I am not being as badass with my wife. She is resistant and stressed from work. I am not working out enough. We are doing great in our relationship outside of sex. 
    It's good beta.
    AngelineWinterAlphaBelle
    I would never cheat on my wife. I find adulterers very unattractive. Any person wanting to have sex with me is an adulterer by definition, so I am trapped at never being able to pull the trigger. Which is good by me. I am still an n of 1 for my entire life. 
    It's good beta.
    shibariAlphaBelleKatt