Where my Walking Dead fans at?

KattKatt USASilver Member Posts: 4,554
What did you think of the first episode?  I'm so hyped up I might need a second glass of wine to get to sleep tonight...

Comments

• RebuildingHusbandRebuildingHusband Southern USASilver Member Posts: 1,953
    Just binge watched season 4 all weekend to catch up. Haven't seen the first episode of season 5 yet. Will ignore this thread till then. 
    give a shit and try, or go be miserable by yourself - AlphaBelle
    Katt
  • MrGrimmMrGrimm Silver Member Posts: 971
    It was pretty good.  I was a little disappointed that Terminus was done with so quickly.  And I could have done without the baseball bat/knife to the throat part.  I'm glad the baby was left alone.  That really would have disturbed me.
    HappyWife
  • OneEyedDrunkOneEyedDrunk Out West Silver Member Posts: 1,808
    Right here. We had a Walking Dead party last night. I'll post pictures when I have the chance. 
    oneeyeddrunk.weebly.com
    Katt
  • HappyWifeHappyWife Southeast MichiganSilver Member Posts: 49
    Yeah, the whole baseball bat/throat slash/cannibal stuff was a bit much. Besides that, it was a great season premier. Carol kicked butt, in my opinion.
    Katt
    You're either the butcher or the cattle. 
    KattTennee
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    edited October 2014
    You're either the butcher or the cattle. 
    Quite a statement.  And I will never look at a baseball bat the same again.   A rocking season opener....

ETA:  @MrGrimm‌ ...oh I don't remotely think Terminus is done...lots of foreshadowing IMHO throughout. ..
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    HappyWifeKatt
    There will be more coverage of Terminus. I think the future plot lines move away from there but the history of terminus will definitely be played out. We don't know any details of how the place was taken from Gareth and his group. That's a story I want to hear. 

SPOILER

The guy they let out of that cargo container was the one you saw at the end who took the girl and smacked Gareth and Mary with the flashlight. I definitely want to know how he took Terminus, how Gareth got it back, and how he ended up in that container. 
    Katt
  • KheldarKheldar IndianaSilver Member Posts: 1,565
    Great episode. I thought the baseball bat, throat slashing was necessary - because it had to be horrible to serve as contrast to the bureaucratic way in which the people of Terminus were treating it -- guy with the clipboard, other guys genuinely more worried about making a mistake on the paperwork than about the killing they were doing. It's "the banality of evil."

Also, it took me awhile to figure out who the guy in the last scene who pulled off his mask and touched the tree was.

SPOILER (not really to those with memories)

It was Morgan - the guy Rick stayed with in the first episode or two when he came out of his coma, and Morgan & his kid explained what had happened.
    Monkeys_Uncle
  • Monkeys_UncleMonkeys_Uncle RuralGold Men Posts: 4,045
    Good catch, @Keldar, I totally missed that.

Wasn't Morgan holed up somewhere going slowly insane the last time we saw him?

"My advice to you is get married:  if you find a good wife you'll be happy, if not, you'll become a philosopher." -Socrates

@Monkeys_Uncle yes, when. Rick et al went after guns, Morgan had stashed them. He had to "clear!!!" And was clearing dead bodies; Rick couldn't get him to go back with them.   Remember, Morgan couldn't kill his own W, who'd turned.  He intimated to Rick that the son was killed because he couldn't do it (she kept coming back to the house), So....exactly what Morgan - good, bad, crazy? - will we see?  And remember Ricks comment re: machete.   You'll see our Terminus folks again...

Kheldar
    Definitely. Gareth will likely be the antagonist of focus this season (the new governor). I just think it'll be away from terminus. 

Lots of fun plot lines to be developed. Should be a fun ride. 
    Tennee
  • MrGrimmMrGrimm Silver Member Posts: 971
    I guess I got the impression from the after show that Terminus was no longer part of the show (though I wasn't totally paying attention) after this.
  • KattKatt USASilver Member Posts: 4,554
    Well I doubt there'll be much action at the physical site of Terminus, but I don't think we've seen the last of the surviving Termites, especially Gareth.

I agree the brutality was a useful advice in illustrating how detached from humanity Gareth and the gang has become.   

Im super excited for next week's episode!  
    Tennee
  • GeekengineerGeekengineer Sandy EggoGold Men Posts: 1,720
    edited October 2014
    Sorry, never watched the show, never read the graphic novel.  I've heard rave reviews for everything related.

In fact, I'm reading "The Hot Zone" right now, which is about a real-life Ebola outbreak in the DC area a while back... not feeling the whole zombie thing right now.

But I sure liked "Thriller."  Does that count?

JellyBean is my wife.
    Tennee
  • BettermanBetterman United KingdomSilver Member Posts: 659
    Sorry, never watched the show, never read the graphic novel.  I've heard rave reviews for everything related.

In fact, I'm reading "The Hot Zone" right now, which is about a real-life Ebola outbreak in the DC area a while back... not feeling the whole zombie thing right now.

Great book, but it was Reston not Ebola.  Now, a mutated airborne Ebola, and I'm going all survivalist and stocking up.....
    ENTJ, 8w7
    Don't wish she were different, wish you were better.
    So wow. The Termites showed back up quicker than I expected. The Bob-B-Q was a stomach turner..,
    HappyWifeKheldar
  • KheldarKheldar IndianaSilver Member Posts: 1,565
    You knew when Bob had his big kiss with Sasha that something bad was going to happen to one of them.
    KattHappyWifeTennee
    Totally @kheldar
    I said to my husband after the big kiss "So which one of them is dying tonight?"
    Kheldar
    And how bout the mystery - mobile again...

@katt. Bob-b-q???  I'm laughing and revolted.... ;)