Things were going so well... Short vent

RebuildingHusbandRebuildingHusband Southern USASilver Member Posts: 1,953
Things were going so well. Until they weren't. 

Chrkstmas presents are pretty much all bought already because my wife is awesome. She's progressing along nicely with the pregnancy and life is quite good (aside from her continued nausea). The current kid is quite entertaining and growing up so quickly. My new job is clearing up our last bit of debt. Not even so much as a minor bump to report. 

Then I get a text from her this morning that she hit the garage door. What. The. Fuck?!?! After talking to her I am still unsure exactly how that happens. 

She scraped the top of her car on the bottom of the door. No clue how it was done so perfectly. I'll have to investigate further when I get home. I don't think she's lying about it but her recounting of events doesn't match up with what I know about garage doors. 

Also, the garage door won't close now. And I know those aren't cheap to fix. Plus it looks like, from the picture she sent, she gouged the metal on the top of her car. So that can't be cheap to fix either. @Chief_TC‌ maybe you can PM me and offer some expertise?  Not sure what exactly can even be said on it but it's worth a shot. 

ETA - she just got back home and the garage door works now. That was my biggest worry. 

As an aside, she was going back to the doc office to get a redo of the cd of the ultrasound pics from yesterday because the pictures didn't save. Fun. And the new cd is blank too. Just fun. 

give a shit and try, or go be miserable by yourself - AlphaBelle
AngelineKatt

Comments

• RebuildingHusbandRebuildingHusband Southern USASilver Member Posts: 1,953
    Thanks @Chief_TC‌ ;. That's been my frame. She accused me of acting like she totaled the car. I A&A'd it and we are moving on. She ended up getting the ultrasound pics so all is right with the world. 

Im gonna run the car over to a body place I've dealt with (and yes, she immediately drug up ALL of my past vehicle incidents) and get a quote on fixing it. Will see if it's more or less than my deductible and make a decision from there. No claims in several years so I ain't worried about making one here if I need to. 
    @Chief_TC‌ she texted me. Told her I'll look at it when I get home and that im more concerned about the garage door than her car. She's pretty hard on herself about stuff like this so there's no point in me piling on. When she texted me about me being mad I told her im still in evaluation mode. I'm curious, definitely not mad. We talked about it for a minute but not much needed to be said.  

She's gonna beat herself up plenty. She can deflect all she wants by bringing up my past vehicle incidents but I shut that down quickly every time. I'll fix it and she'll be super appreciative and life will go on. She doesn't do dumb stuff like this very often so it's not like I'm cleaning up things like this with any regularity. 

It's really more the timing than anything else. It is definitely humorous, to an extent. Nothing a few dollars can't fix in the grand scheme of things. 
    [Deleted User]
    @Chief_TC‌ I certainly hope not. That would make for a rather tasty 911 thread. 

Also, since I live in the South, I've got my Bible and plenty of guns (plus all the ammo, yes all of it) for any end world scenario, however implausible. 
    [Deleted User]AngelineKatt
  • KattKatt USASilver Member Posts: 4,554
    Chief_TC said:
    Gotcha, are you married to my wife by chance?

I would be having the exact same conversation you are having if my wife crunched her car. This is how it works in my house....

Situation occurs:
    Me: Meh.
    Her: Armageddon is coming!
    Me: Probably not.
    Her: What if it does!?
    Me: Meh.
    This conversation is bizarrely familiar to me LOL
    Angeline[Deleted User]
    @Chief_TC‌ got good news when I got home. The garage door is fine and the part that she gouged on the car is plastic!  Much cheaper to fix most likely!
    [Deleted User]LiquidSoundAngeline
  • MrGrimmMrGrimm Silver Member Posts: 971
    Reminds me of the story of my wife's cousin not long ago.  She was backing her mini van out of the garage, and the door started coming back down for some reason.  So she hit the door, knocking it off track and mangling it a bit.  It also ripped the spoiler off the top of the van.  Then she freaked out and quick went forward (which probably did even more damage to the door and van) and smashed into the stairs going into the house.
    wanderingTheDesertAngeline