General off topic thread jack avoiding thread.

1708709710711712714»

Comments

• frillyfunfrillyfun East PodunkGold Women Posts: 3,386
    If I feel cynicism creep in I remind myself that 1% of our population is currently incarcerated.  That's the highest percentage of any country in the world.

That means more than 99% of people are likely decent folks who just want a peaceful life (and/or criminal masterminds who can't be caught but anywho).  

99%. I like those odds.
    KattMrsJonSignorePillolaRossa
  • RebuildingHusbandRebuildingHusband Southern USASilver Member Posts: 1,953
    Thanks @shibari. Much appreciated. 
    give a shit and try, or go be miserable by yourself - AlphaBelle
  • BeatriceBeatrice USAGold Women Posts: 1,175
    edited July 19
    @Crashaxe ;  I have had several fruitful conversations recently that I begin by telling the story of how I had a gun pulled on me during a traffic stop. I was a passenger in the car, but the driver really didn't do anything "non-compliant".  She (and I) needed to know what a traffic stop looked like from an officer's perspective in order to do our part to make the stop safe for everyone.

It happened many years ago, and that officer was very pleased to find a couple of wide-eyed girls sitting in the car when he got up to the window.
    We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.  -Joseph Campbell
    CrashaxeRebuildingHusband
  • Woman38Woman38 UKSilver Member Posts: 55
    edited July 20
    Whilst I sympathise/empathise/understand all of your comments and am fully aware this is a hot/controversial topic  and appreciate I am approaching this  from (perhaps) a different perspective I can't help but read the comments and think you are still seeing this from a white privilege perspective and are ignoring/denying that racism is very much alive and well (and accepted as the norm) in many parts of America.... I can't quote statistics to you but honestly I have watched some of the videos and there is NO denying that from a human perspective the actions of the police were WRONG... You can tell me all you like about the black and white members of the police that have been killed and that is absolutely terrible but that does not in any way take away the fact that the colour of someone's skin determines whether they will survive a police stop. IT JUST DOESN'T.
    soa2005SignorePillolaRossa
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    @Woman38, no one has said that. We are not going to have that debate here. There are uncountable Twitter and Facebook posts crying out for your input. Please take it there. 
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    RebuildingHusbandScarlet
  • Woman38Woman38 UKSilver Member Posts: 55
    Thanks for that @Angeline... that's really helpful.
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    Woman38 said:
    Thanks for that @Angeline... that's really helpful.
    Careful, hon.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046

This is a marriage forum. Thread closed.

Take it all to the Disney boards or something and see how long your off topic horseshit lasts.

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

This discussion has been closed.