Want to rekindle the fire

Comments

• nubbynubby Right HereSilver Member Posts: 1,964
    @Snow_Phoenix it's good to see things heading in the right direction. Do you now think stress was the major issue?
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    I don't think ruminating on that is productive, because it's his actions going forward that matter.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
  • CartB4HorseCartB4Horse Southwest USASilver Member Posts: 4,155
    Nothing in 3 weeks?  Keep up the hard work, and dress up for YOU, not him.

You got this!

Put back on course via a 'One Hour Call' with Athol.  Seriously worth 10 times the cost, but don't tell him that....

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” - Victor Frankl 

• Snow_PhoenixSnow_Phoenix CalgarySilver Member Posts: 197

Last night was interesting.  Bottom line…I wanted sex…I got it…but I had to work for the kind of sex I was looking for LOL.

I’ve been here (on MMSLF) for a year as of this month.  I have learned a TON of stuff about the dynamics of my marriage and have a much clearer picture of what I want in my life and with my partner.  When I look (read) back on where I was a year ago I can clearly see my marriage is in a better place today than it was back then.  I am healthier, stronger and happier in general.  Hubby is healthier and more positive overall now than he was then.  We are still a work in progress and always will be but I think the trajectory is going the right direction. 

The final piece of the puzzle that isn’t quite in place yet…is the sex. 

I think there are several factors that may be impacting the seeming lack of desire on Hubby’s part. 

• Stress – he has a very stressful job (that he loves) and he hasn’t always had good coping skills for dealing with that stress.  He now is using the services of a stress coach to help with this. 
    •  Low T may be a factor and he has had a test but we haven’t seen the numbers yet. 

After last night, however, I’m beginning to think the biggest culprit may just be a combination of his nice guy tendencies (which are quite strong) compounded with being gun-shy from previous rejections (I rejected him a LOT earlier in our relationship when attraction started to fade).  I think he repressed his drive in response to my rejections and now the thought of initiation rarely occurs to him unless I am BLAZING GREEN and actually start the ball rolling (guaranteed win for him).  Yes he has done a few out of the blue initiations over the last year but they were very few and far between (I think less than 10 total…maybe closer to 5).  

My strategy over the last while was to just wait…no initiations from me (didn’t want to reward the lazy bear).  That met with very limited success.  It seemed like he was just fine with sex every month or two.  Now he is exhibiting far fewer lazy bear characteristics in general (and I am doing less maid service/orbiting too).  I think it is time for a new strategy.  If he is indeed gun-shy, I may need to do a bit of ‘re-training’ to get him comfortable bringing back the caveman I married.  He does not have a history of rejecting me when I initiate so I am going to proceed with the assumption he wants sex but needs a bit of reassurance from me that the caveman isn’t going to get clubbed for trying to get some.  This may mean I have to ‘start things’ a bit more than I’d ideally like to.  But I will not accept weak responses…they will either be ignored or challenged for a stronger response.  Last night's activities give me hope that this might work...

SignorePillolaRossaMrsJon

This is how things played out over the last couple of days.

I opened the door a bit for him on Monday.  We were texting about the party we are going to on Saturday and he asked if I still wanted to go.  I told him I was happy to go but if he didn’t want to he would have to think of somewhere else to take me so I could wear my red dress.  He replied…no no no we’ll go.  I replied an acceptable answer could have been ‘the bedroom’ lol.  He had apparently misread the original message and thought I had said he would need to find someone not somewhere to take me so I could wear the red dress.  Many lols but no escalation of sexy talk.   So sexy time Monday was brought to you by Duracell.  sigh

Tuesday I thought I’d try again.  Normally Tuesday is dog walking night.  The weather was crazy so I texted him and said we may need to find an alternative indoor activity for husband / wife time.  He responded with a silly string of emoticons for outdoor sports...sigh

Then a second text came in with some more provocative emoticons…lipstick…boots…a kiss.  YAY…game on.  I put on some stockings and boots and send him a selfie…saying I wasn’t sure what the emoticons meant…was this what he was thinking?  Lol   More emoticons…big eyes, banana, heart, thumbs up lol.  I asked him if he had gone full caveman and lost his words…had to communicate in cave drawings.  A couple more texts were sent and then he was on his way home.  

I finished getting dressed and got dinner ready.  He was on the phone when he came in so no immediate mauling ensued.  I got dinner dished up as he finished his call and we sat down to eat.  Everything was normal…talked about our days enjoyed the food etc.  After dinner we put the dishes away and I could tell he wasn’t quite sure how to proceed…I went and sat in the living room and he followed me in…he seemed a bit nervous …held his hands out to me to get me to get up and I innocently asked if we were going to go downstairs and watch some shows?  He said sure and so we headed for the man cave… to watch tv!  I’m getting a little worried at this point but haven’t thrown in the towel yet.  He puts on the tv and I cuddle up with my head in his lap.  He rubs my back, butt…hand down the back of my skirt…all very…nice.  The first show ends and he asks if I’d like to watch another…really?  OK play along…he has got to be getting a bit frustrated by now right?  Any minute he is going to just pounce on me right?  I say sure…and he starts the second show.  Again some light petting…rubbing my shoulder…back…butt.  Second show ends…he asks what I want to do now…OK time for a poke.  I answer well we could watch another show while we wait for the Caveman to arrive although he is pretty late and I was expecting him a couple hours ago (all said with a flirty smile).  I see the light bulb go on…but the nice guy is still struggling for control…he asks if I want to go upstairs?  I ask if that’s where the Caveman is?  …and it’s on…FINALLY.  Afterwards we had a nice cuddle on the couch (never made it upstairs of course) and I said he needs to let his caveman out more often.  I love the cuddly bear but he is nicer AFTER a visit from the Caveman.  It was all very light fun conversation. 

So I’m thinking we may need to take things in this direction for a while…until he has a bit more confidence that this is really what I want from him and he isn’t going to get shut down.  I was relieved that this kind of initiation didn’t diminish my drive or attraction…it was actually kind of fun to tease and poke the bear trying to get the caveman to come out.  I didn’t have to be dominant or lead…I was able to be more flirty and innocent. 

Not sure if this site has the right demographic but I’m going to throw it out there…any guys here that have been a bit gun-shy after so much rejection?  What could / did your wives do that helped you get your mojo /confidence / caveman back?

SignorePillolaRossaddadNinkasiTennee
  • MrsJonMrsJon ColoradoSilver Member Posts: 466
    @Snow_Phoenix ;  I have no advice for you, but I just wanted to say I love how you approached the recent situation, talking about the caveman. It was great!  Glad it worked well for the two of you.
     Kudos to you for all your progress and your ability to bring light hearted, positivity to your interactions with your H. You have done really well in the year you have been on the forum. I am impressed with your MAP and your steady, consistent momentum.

I went looking for my dreams outside of myself and discovered, it's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it.  
           Anne Shirley - Anne of Avonlea

SignorePillolaRossaAngelineEightbitTennee
  • NinkasiNinkasi Silver Member Posts: 101
    Great job with the feminine leadership and frame control for the win.
    SignorePillolaRossa
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    I've said it before.... I don't know how your man can keep his hands off you. 
    I wish my wife had girl game like you. I'd give her all she could handle. 

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

SignorePillolaRossaspartacus318JimmyNowShepard
  • ddadddad Silver Member Posts: 791
    Great job in keeping a positive attitude and not being hurt by the fact that your husband is tentative and/or oblivious.  Your persistence and giving him many chances but not just doing it for him is awesome.
    SignorePillolaRossa
    @fordsvt your comments are good for my ego so thanks for that.  Truthfully I need to own my part in creating the cuddly bear (former lazy bear) that I am married to.  I essentially bashed my caveman in to submission and now am wondering where he went.  I know I didn't do it intentionally...I know he could have stepped up back then to lead us out of the sexless vortex we were getting sucked into but the truth is we did what we knew at the time.  I've tried to lead him to the MMSL world and still hold out hope that he will embrace being a strong captain one day...but for now I'm pretty happy with who he is and I'm proud of the improvements he has made over the last year.  I will do my part to try and repair the damage I created by my actions (in a flirty, short skirted, silk stocking way) and I'm hoping that will be the catalyst we need to break through this barrier.
    spartacusKnifesEdgeddad
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963

Not sure if this site has the right demographic but I’m going to throw it out there…any guys here that have been a bit gun-shy after so much rejection?  What could / did your wives do that helped you get your mojo /confidence / caveman back?

Yes, although it was from women before my wife. She praised my love-making and was obviously eager. (Also listened to my past, so she knew that I was coming from a bad place but you already understand where he is coming from.)
    Snow_Phoenix
    @Snow_Phoenix I guess I'm still a little gun shy as well. The six months I was layed off and didn't have sex once still lingers as it cut very deep, but the main reason now is she has zero girl game (unless she's going to work or out somewhere). When she goes to work in the morning she looks fantastic. When she gets home she changes into something that looks like I'd wash my truck with. 

As you can see by my map thread, I really need some sex but I'm just not up for it the last couple days. Tonight she's wearing a pair of beautifully stained sweat pants with granny panties (just my guess), a worn out Disney sweat shirt and no bra. Talk about a boner killer. When she dresses like that I don't need to rely on the kids to be cock blockers. 

The worst thing is that when she's dressed for work, I get all horny and think about her all day. Then she comes home and changes into her hobo chic outfit and my desire tanks. So ya, I'm a little gun shy, for both reasons. 
    Thanks for the perspective @nubby.  I got the message loud and clear...keep up the girl game!  My daily attire is yoga pants / leggings with a fitted mock neck shirt and probably a hoodie (it's winter after all).  I have chucked out any frump wear that was in my closet.  

The trick is Hubby is a stockings and skirt kinda guy so I need to add skirts into my rotation...which seems a bit odd in the winter...when I work from home...do outside animal chores and other than that don't leave the house.  

I am being more conscious of making sure hair and makeup is done before Hubby is home each day and the ball cap is getting a break when I'm home (I still wear it at the barn).  

Maybe the key is to become one of those 50's wives that puts on fresh makeup and a nice dress before her husband gets home each day!  LOL

I long for the day he is captain enough to just send me a text that he is on his way home and he expects me dressed in <his choice> when he arrives.  Someday...

FYI - When I worked in an office I too used to change out of my 'good clothes' shortly after getting home.  Never thought about it for a second being a turn off for him.  Does your wife know you don't want her to change?  Would it be ok if she changed into something more casual but not totally frump?  Can you grab her before she changes and show her you 'appreciate' the nice clothes?  What happened to the sundresses????
    @Snow_Phoenix I'm about 900 miles east of you on the big lake. Unless someone makes dresses out of polar bear hide its too cold for those. 
    When she comes home from work I'm busy cooking and trying to straighten up, do some wiring, work on cabinets among other things. By the time I see her, she's already changed into her frumpy's 
    Angeline
    A swing...and a miss.   :/

I texted Hubby an ecard yesterday that said, "This entitles you to give me a back massage you'll obviously turn into sex".  I was hoping to wave the red flag in front of the bull so we could have a little fun last night.  Massage Monday!  Yay...

He texted back asking if it wasn't still shark week...I replied that nope shark week was done and since when was he afraid of a little blood?  He lol'd and that was it until he texted me that he was leaving work.  I got dinner ready, moved the massage table in front of the fireplace in the bedroom, put the massage oil in hot water to warm it up.  Girl game on...hair and makeup done...ready.

We had a nice dinner when he got home, he chatted about work...then he put a movie on.  Ok...probably a good idea to digest dinner before any strenuous activities.  He sat beside me on the couch and then put on another movie...ok...he held my hand a bit...now it is getting pretty late.  Movie ends...he says he is going to do the night time chores...sigh...ok I tell him I'm heading to bed.  I get a kiss and a hug...and that's it.  He is up for at least another hour after I have gone to bed.  I suspect he notices the massage table in the bedroom when he finally goes to bed.  This morning he comes in to say goodbye before he leaves.  Gives me a few kisses and then says sorry about last night.  

Between last night and this morning I think I earned and Oscar for my STFU performance.  The hurricane of emotions boiling inside me was pretty intense but I knew better than to open my mouth.  Honestly I didn't even know what to say at that point.  

I feel pretty shitty right now...you know...the typical girl script is running in my head...not pretty enough...not attractive enough...not good enough.  I know it is crap and not true but boy that script sure likes to run.  I'm angry and frustrated and just want my 'man' to MAN THE FUCK UP!  He has a hot woman that is ready and willing to do anything he wants in bedroom and he just won't make a move.  Even when he has been given a written invitation!  

Ok...I'm going to wrap up the pity party right now.  My next post will be about how I rocked the shit out of Christmas this year!
    amblrgirlTenneeDaddyOh