Want to rekindle the fire

191011121315»

Comments

• nubbynubby Right HereSilver Member Posts: 1,964
    @Snow_Phoenix looks the the girl game paid off big time :)
    Snow_Phoenix
    edited January 5
    @Snow_Phoenix ;
    awesome update!! You're rockin' it B)
    SignorePillolaRossaamblrgirl
  • Snow_PhoenixSnow_Phoenix CalgarySilver Member Posts: 197
    Update time:

Health - I'd say yellow.  I'm doing well with diet and have been taking care of other odds and ends, physical, blood work, dentist.  But I have been a SLOTH as far as my workouts go.  I've been active in general but missed too many actual workouts!

MM - doing well within the budget and have been doing 'ok' with cleaning house...again yellow.  Could be doing a better job cleaning.

DHV - Yellow trending to green.  Got lipstick (haven't actually worn it in public)...want to get some lip liner first.  Ball cap is now for horse / dog activities almost exclusively.

RC - Yellow.  I haven't been very touchy with Hubby.  He hasn't been touchy with me either.  I'm struggling with this a bit as I'm worried I'm feeding the lazy bear?  Things are not ok with the intimacy between us (in my opinion) but he seems fine with things.  If I keep filling his LL bucket what incentive does he have to change?  I've been about 50% better with reducing unnecessary screen time in the evenings :smile: 

PP - GREEN!  I've been rocking my hobbies.  I'm doing some very cool woodworking projects right now and am hoping they may lead to a few $$ if I can bring my self to sell them when they are done.  I'm also on the list for a new puppy!  I've had my camera out a lot lately at both dog and horse events so lots of good stuff here.

Sex - Orange...maybe Red.  No sex for over 3 weeks again.  One failed massage Monday (well...not really a fail as we both got massages...but no sex).  No hints at initiation from him at all in any way.  I have been paying attention to my cycle a bit more too.  I really want sex most the week after shark week...I would like sex for the following two weeks and am fine without leading up and through shark week.  I'm not sure what help it is knowing this but I'm more aware of it now.  Right now I should be ready to tear hubby's clothes off but quite frankly...I'm a bit meh about it.  I am just tired of having to do all this work trying to figure out how to get him interested and he just gives minimum effort in response to me (no initiative on his own).  

Hubby has been doing his stress homework from his stress coach so that is good but he is really bringing home a lot of work baggage each night.  He has been late coming home and then he unloads all of the stressful stuff that happened that day onto me.  I have been VERY careful to just cheer the heroes and boo the villains but I'm really struggling to breathe under the load of negativity that he dumps on me.  Last night for example he talked for about an hour about work.  At the end I asked him if he could give me an example of ONE good thing that happened during the day...he got a funny look on his face but did come up with one.  I find this very exhausting and it stresses me out hearing all this negative stuff.  Not quite sure how to handle this.  I want to be supportive but holy crap it took me two hours to get back to feeling normal / happy / less stressed after he unloaded.  

It may be time to really look into some coaching for us together.  I'm also thinking of going Gold and then dragging him onto the forum.  I don't think he thinks there is anything wrong.  I have seen some changes / improvements in him for sure (less drinking, more motivated with his hobbies etc) but I don't see effort in improving our relationship.  No dates or anything planned this month or into the future.  He just seems so comfortable with the status quo.
    @Snow_Phoenix ; good to see you are still hanging around here and updating. Sorting things seem to be sliding downhill again. 

In our northern latitude, it's pretty easy to get down in the dumps. I'm fighting that now. We need more sunshine. 

How about a couple pics of your woodworking projects??

Angeline
    Well...I avoided asking him how his day was when he got home last night...instead I got on with a yummy dinner and then shared a bunch of dog videos with him of dogs in the pedigree of the pup I'm hoping to acquire :smile:.  That was a MUCH less stressful way to spend the evening lol.

@nubby, yes I do have a tendency towards hibernation this time of year.  I've been combatting that by keeping a focus on my hobbies.  I would LOVE to share some of my recent woodworking stuff but am afraid it would be too recognizable as it is quite unique to me.  Think intarsia style stuff based on dog and horse sport.

@serenity he got his T tested but hasn't been back to the doctor for results.  The doc would only have called him if the results were abnormal so I'm assuming he fell within the normal range.  He will have to go back in a month or so to get his prescriptions refilled so I will push him to get the actual numbers then.  His doctor was very reluctant to test his T (says it is the flavour of the month excuse for everything these days ):neutral: 

My slothful ways will be over this weekend.  I'm supposed to have a load of hay delivered on Saturday so will be staying home and stacking bales in the hay shed.  THAT will be a kick ass workout for a couple of days :smile: 

One more interesting thing that almost sucked me back into my old 'mother/caretaker' role.  For the last two days Hubby has come to say good buy in the morning with no shirt on.  (this means he has no clean shirts not that he is trying to be sexy - he had his shirt in the dryer to 'freshen up').  This morning I came down to several baskets of his dirty clothing in the laundry room.  So...he was able to put a shirt in the dryer to freshen it up this morning but couldn't put a load in the washer?  I ALMOST caved and did his laundry...and then...went back to work.  He is a grown man.  I need things to be less comfortable around here if he will ever be motivated to change.  I am a bit afraid of fallout from not doing his laundry but I will hold my frame.  He is an adult and adults do wash when their clothes are dirty instead of waiting for someone else to take care of it!  

• SerenitySerenity Senior Moderator** Posts: 11,358
    Ask him to call the doc's office and have them send a copy, if possible, and save yourself a month. 

Until you know what's going on medically, it's tough to make progress.

@serenity he got his T tested but hasn't been back to the doctor for results.  The doc would only have called him if the results were abnormal so I'm assuming he fell within the normal range.  He will have to go back in a month or so to get his prescriptions refilled so I will push him to get the actual numbers then.  His doctor was very reluctant to test his T (says it is the flavour of the month excuse for everything these days ):neutral: 

@Snow_Phoenix I hope you are doing well
    I am doing well...will post an update soon...very busy being awesome LOL.

@nubby thanks for asking :-)
    Angeline
    @Snow_Phoenix awesome update. Reading this update, you sound much happier now. 
    @nubby I am happier now overall.  I have spent quite a bit of effort over the last few months in looking for the positive in things instead of dwelling in the negative and that has made a big difference.  I've consciously disengaged from people / situations when they turned negative or into bashing (didn't realize how much this happened or how easily I participated until I was looking for it).  I didn't withdraw in a negative way just excused myself to go and do something else.  I don't need to change anyone's mind but I also don't need to participate in the negativity.  We've had some really awful stuff happen in our area in the last while but there have been some extraordinary examples of people helping others through it.  THAT is the stuff I choose to share and participate in and the negative things that people want to post or share or talk about...water off a duck's back to me now.  It is a freeing feeling.

It helps that Hubby is back to his active awesome self too so we are doing cool stuff together and really supporting each other with our hobbies.  He is riding his bike again which makes him happier and more relaxed (and is pretty sexy too!).  The exercises in the Gottman book have had us talking about the future, dreams, goals etc and that is exciting because we had been stagnant for so long.  

Oh...AND I'm getting a new puppy next week as well so we are pretty excited about that. My positive frame will be tested after a few nights of broken sleep while house training the little guy!  It has been a LONG time since I raised a pup lol.

Now I need to go send my Hubby a teasing text so he is ready for our sexy text-a-thon tonight when I'm out of town ;-).
    Angelineamblrgirl
    @Snow_Phoenix
    i have been watching the news and the devastation is incredible to say the least. 
    We've had local firefighters head to the area to help out as well as a lot of local relief efforts. 
    My puupy training was pretty easy. Outside before bed and then into his travel kennel for the night in the laundry room. We got him at 4 weeks as his mother stopped feeding the litter. We bottle fed until he could eat regular puppy food. 
    Now when he hears the tv click off at night he heads straight for bed. 
    What breed of dog are you getting? 
    Im glad you and h are doing things together. That will help strengthen your bond with one another. 
    It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things. I hope your next update is even better. 
    The pup is a Rottweiler and I'm sure he will settle in just fine.  We do the crate thing at bed time too but it will be in the bedroom so I expect a bit of fussing before he learns the routine.  :-).  It has been quite a few years since I've had a baby in the house and we are used to the big dogs now so adjusting back to 'constant supervision' mode will be a change for me LOL.
    edited May 19
    @Snow_Phoenix Rotties are awesome. I've had two of them. The current dog is a Rotweiller/Bull mastiff cross. He's a big boy/baby. That's him in my avatar picture. 
    Angeline