The new threads thread for Captains

JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
The old threads thread got zapped. Captains, strut your fine selves here!

image.jpg
500 x 500 - 49K
Enneagram type 9w1
[Deleted User]ShepardKattPhoenixDown[Deleted User]TenneeScarletElisemagentaHopeAndHardWorkAngeline_ioMasterOfTheUniverseNeverSleptOnTheCouchHildaCornersGeekengineerCowboyJoanna

Comments

• Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

• BenBen Silver Member Posts: 3,651
    ^  That's what I get too; it's not just you.

---

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    [Deleted User]
    Anyway, a while back in the other thread I posted that I was trying out a "sock-of-the-month-club" subscription service called Sock Fancy.

I'm sorry to say that I can't recommend this service.  After three weeks went by with no sign of socks in my mailbox, I sent them a polite email asking them to double-check that my first month's order shipped okay.  They sent a very nice email back the next day apologizing for the inconvenience and offering to reship my order with an extra pair of socks for my inconvenience, and if the original shipment should make its way to me as well, I should of course keep those too.  So far, so good.

Two weeks after that-- 5 weeks total after signing up for their "monthly" service-- I did indeed receive three pairs of socks in the mail... and they're all women's knee socks.  Unless they're planning on sending me a woman to wear them, that does me very little good.

(Actually, that's not strictly true; I plan to give them to Ms. Info, who I'm sure will look very attractive in them and nothing else, but they don't need to know that.)

So yeah.  I sent them another email giving them one last chance to make good, otherwise I'm taking my business elsewhere.

---

JellyBeanAngeline
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    @Ben ;

Sorry about your sock subscription!

We don't have a subscription but I make a purchase now and then from Sock Dreams and so far everything has been wonderful.

http://www.sockdreams.com/?gclid=CPK_4q6wxsMCFQ6paQodWJIANw
    Enneagram type 9w1

I think I see the problem.

Can a non-moderator try this link please.

http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13009/the-threads-thread-for-captains

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

edited February 2015
    ^  Still dead.  It shows up in my bookmarks with 6 new posts, but I get the same error message whether I click on it there or in the link above.

Edit:  Page 1 loads fine, as does Page 47.  (Didn't try the ones in between.)  It's only Page 48 that's definitely borked, if that helps.

---

JellyBean[Deleted User]Angeline
    Alrighty. The thread still exists, it's not an immediate fix though.

[Deleted User]
  • Mark72Mark72 OhioSilver Member Posts: 2,007
    Athol_Kay said:

Switch to Invision for hosting?

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht Anders tun. Gott hilfe mir. Amen. - Martin Luther
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. - Pascal

My journey

Someone suggested to me that I start buying Ermenegildo Zegna clothes. Then I went to the website. I think I'll stick to Kohl's as a step up from Walmart, until I become an executive for the bank at which I work...

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht Anders tun. Gott hilfe mir. Amen. - Martin Luther
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. - Pascal

My journey

Mark72 said:
    Athol_Kay said:

The problem is I have hidden a member and their comments being "removed" from this thread alters the page count, so people looking at the "last page" get an error message because the page isn't created for non-moderators looking at the thread.

The member is hidden because of their real life situation and rather than instantly deleting the membership we are/were waiting to see what happens.

I'm nearly 24 hours past my deadline for hearing back, and will delete them before I go to bed tonight. After which, the thread should work just fine for everyone.

Athol_Kay said:
    Mark72 said:
    Athol_Kay said:

The problem is I have hidden a member and their comments being "removed" from this thread alters the page count, so people looking at the "last page" get an error message because the page isn't created for non-moderators looking at the thread.

The member is hidden because of their real life situation and rather than instantly deleting the membership we are/were waiting to see what happens.

I'm nearly 24 hours past my deadline for hearing back, and will delete them before I go to bed tonight. After which, the thread should work just fine for everyone.

Got it...
    That wasn't a shameless plug... It's just what I am familiar with!

My journey

• JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    Mark72 said:
    Someone suggested to me that I start buying Ermenegildo Zegna clothes. Then I went to the website. I think I'll stick to Kohl's as a step up from Walmart, until I become an executive for the bank at which I work...
    I just looked at the website for Ermenegildo Zegna.  I had never heard of them before.  The photos are incredible.  Those clothes look amazing and I'm sure every man would look very sharp in those clothes.  But, $395 for a shirt???!?!?!?!?!!!!??  Unless we win the Powerball lottery tonight I think we will stick with Banana Republic.
    Enneagram type 9w1
    Mark72KattAngeline
    JellyBean said:
    Hey Boss, this is the screen I see when I click your link:

I just noticed... @Jellybean has no messages. Everyone, quick! Blow up her inbox!!!

My journey

ShepardJellyBeanAngeline
    JellyBean said:
    This is a NO:

How the hell did you find that pic of me? I swear you are stalking me!!! I'm tellin GE...

My journey

JellyBeanShepardGeekengineer