The Married Guy’s Guide to Wife Part One is done!

Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046

The Married Guy’s Guide to Wife Part One is done!

I know it’s been a long time coming, but we’re finally on our way with just over four full hours of video spread over five episodes. It covers the basics of attraction, relationship comfort, initiations, and outcome independence.

If you're an old hand from reading my work, you're obviously going to know some of the basics I cover in Part One. Just remember it's intended as the starting point for guys with zero exposure to what I talk about. That being said, if you watch it, you'll start picking up some nuances that haven't been there before. It's about two parts Primer, one part MAP book, and two parts everything I've learned and polished from nearly two years of one on one coaching guys to relationship success.

I'm most excited about The Six Link Chain of Seduction model. It makes everything more coherent and practical.  

Where can I buy it?

You can see the video page here.  

$10 Off Code

There is currently a $10 off code for buying all five episodes. The code is MARRIEDGUY  

There's an essentially unlimited number of the $10 discount MARRIEDGUY codes. Please do spread that around as much as you like.

$0.99 Rental for Episode One

Something else to note is that the rental is just $0.99 on Episode One  

Free Stuff

There’s a couple of extra features you can watch for free on the Vimeo page. A 16 minute video about the progression of Primer --> MAP Book --> Married Guy’s Guide to Wife. There's also a 7 minute preview of the entire series.  

The Trailer

The Married Guy's Guide to Wife 1 -- The Truth About What Really Attracts Women - Trailer from Athol Kay on Vimeo.

And VanillaForums strips the embed encoding...

Vimeo hosting

Vimeo is the retailer and hosting the videos. You will need to have a Vimeo membership to buy (or rent) the videos. Vimeo membership is free and signing up is a snap. The Vimeo FAQ for buying is at https://vimeo.com/help/faq/watching-videos/vimeo-on-demand-purchases

That's about it, thanks in advance to everyone who buys and has supported us along the way.

...and we get to work on Part Two in a couple of days. Stay tuned.

MGGW 1 2

One Hour Call   12-Week Guided MAP

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

TenneeAlphaBelleAngelineSerenityRebuildingHusbandnewredpillrecruitRicoAlphaZuluHawkeyeShepardHusband3point0BankerBoyMariaTiger_ioSaigoTakamoriPersephoneHildaCorners[Deleted User]MiddleManCarrotcakeEightbitBrianCrainmaker[Deleted User]GiveMePeaceBlueWolfPurpleVerethragnaMark72al2682

Comments

• SaigoTakamoriSaigoTakamori FLSilver Member Posts: 3,075
    Booo Yaaaa!

BA BAM!
    Sweat More...bitch less
    Fate favors the prepared.
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I noticed Athol also has a YouTube channel ... and a trailer is up there.

Congrstulations on finding another way to get the message out!

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
  • newredpillrecruitnewredpillrecruit Lego LandGold Men Zen Garden Posts: 1,328
    I noticed Athol also has a YouTube channel ... and a trailer is up there.

Congrstulations on finding another way to get the message out!
    He's on twitter too!

He's everywhere!

Congrats Athol!
    Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great. - Niccolo Machiavelli 

My wife is on the forum as sweet_avenue

• AlphaZuluAlphaZulu Midwest USASilver Member Posts: 74

I just bought to first series and started watching. Very straighforward and easy to understand. (Where were you when I was 16 ?!?)

BTW, I'm downloading the videos and ripping the audio so I can listen during my commute. Hope that's OK.

When I saw the price point, I initially had a negative reaction. That was more than I was expecting it to cost. But in the end, I paid it, so you probably hit the revenue-maximization point pretty closely! Well played, Athol!

I'm really looking forward to the segments coming in the next few months. The Primer got me through all the basics and the topics of the future videos are more in line with what I need to work on now. Consider me pre-sold!

AlphaZulu

Jason: "Damn it Morpheus; not everyone believes what you believe."
    Morpheus: "My beliefs do not require them to."
    AlphaBelle
  • Athol_KayAthol_Kay My Underground LairPosts: 8,046
    AlphaZulu said:

I just bought to first series and started watching. Very straightforward and easy to understand. (Where were you when I was 16 ?!?)

BTW, I'm downloading the videos and ripping the audio so I can listen during my commute. Hope that's OK.

When I saw the price point, I initially had a negative reaction. That was more than I was expecting it to cost. But in the end, I paid it, so you probably hit the revenue-maximization point pretty closely! Well played, Athol!

I'm really looking forward to the segments coming in the next few months. The Primer got me through all the basics and the topics of the future videos are more in line with what I need to work on now. Consider me pre-sold!

AlphaZulu

I'm glad you're liking it. :-)

I can't control what people do with the videos.

The price point is always a difficult decision. It has to be high enough to establish value, just not stupidly high. I think it's about right, specially with the MARRIEDGUY code that's in effect.

"The turnaround is tremendous.  And I'm lifting weights, eating better, and tackling projects.  I have all this great energy without a vampire sucking my life force.  :)  He's a lot stronger standing on his own two feet, as well."  - Scarlet

[Deleted User]BlueWolf
  • ctruppictruppi NJMember Posts: 2
    Found your site recently and have read your books and now watched the 1st 3 vids.  Great job!  

I have a quick question about something that you mentioned in the 3rd vid that I hadn't read before in your books.  I'm referring to the "fitness test" where you do most of the house work (cooking, cleaning, etc) when you have a job and she's the SAHM.  Since reading your books I've racked my brain to try and pinpoint when my wife became a roommate and as you were discussing this form of fitness testing, it hit me like a lightning bolt; this is exactly what happened to me.  At 1st I really had no choice but to hurry home and do lots of the work because my wife went into a really deep clinical depression after she stopped breast feeding our 2nd daughter 14 years ago.  Her mom would come over to help as much as possible, but the brunt of it fell on me.  But now I realize that when she came out of her depression months later, the work regimen remained for me.  I figured that her depression and clinical mood swings (she never took SSRIs) had caused the steady decline in sex drive, but now realize that this dual-life of bread winner and homemaker while she did little except run around and hang out on the computer must have had a devastating effect on her attraction to me.  

The big question: can this be reversed after so many years?  I have started a MAP, have a great job (200k per year), I'm in decent shape and now hitting the gym to boot, dress very well (I'm Italian so it's in my cultural DNA) and women find me very attractive (I periodically travel for work and meet many women that I know are attracted to me).  Have the years of this huge attraction killer that you mention (and that I totally see now) dug a relationship hole too big for us to climb out of?

Thanks again for the great work you do.  Regardless of my marriage, I know that the advice you give will make me a better man.  

Whether it can or cannot be reversed in your particular case is to be discovered, but you really don't have a choice in terms of having to stop doing her job for her. So in that sense, you have to do it anyway.

That being said, if you slowly but surely make the changes, there's probably a reasonable chance of turning it around. The deeper the hole you dug, the longer the turnaround process will be.

Verethragna
  • ShepardShepard Gold Men Posts: 563
    Athol_Kay said:
    ctruppi said:
    Thanks for the reply.  I agree but hate the "long turnaround" process.  I think you'd be way more successful if you invented a magic wand or pixie dust that would fix this crap instantly!
    Oh I have that, but apparently it was "cruel" to the pixies trying to mass produce the dust.
    IBM used to do that  
    Have you ever sailed across an ocean Donald? On a sail boat surrounded by sea with no land in sight. Without even the possibility of sighting land for days to come. To stand at the helm of your destiny. I want that, one more time.
    Athol_KayAngelineVerethragna
  • GiveMePeaceGiveMePeace CaSilver Member Posts: 319
    Great Job on the video series! I rented the first few so far and even though I am already familiar with your work, it is a nice tune up. The Seduction Chain- really brilliant how different aspects can be paired together which makes it easier to tackle. I love your work and will support at every step of the way as you continue to grow.

"The very essence of instinct is that it's followed independently of reason" - Charles Darwin

CrashaxeAthol_KayJen_Kay
  • CrashaxeCrashaxe Partytown, which is wherever I am.Gold Men Posts: 1,243
    I love the videos!!

“I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.” General James Mattis, USMC

Athol_Kay
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I finally watched the videos through last night.

I keep getting new epiphanies ... each time I read/watch Athol's work I understand relationships more and more.

I originally came to MMSL trying to understand why my previous 127* marriages went wrong. My first 15 minutes on the site were like seeing the dawn breaking with a chorus of angels. Everything made sense ... the videos had the same effect.

I can't wait for the rest of the series.

* not really that many

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    BourneAgain
  • MaterStellieMaterStellie CanadaGold Women Zen Garden Posts: 1,136
    edited March 2015
    Taking my situation in context, should I stay far far away from watching these videos?

You know, so  I don't get super disappointed that the mister doesn't implement anything, or angry that he doesn't watch them, or I......

Okay.  Answered my own question!  Staying far away.
    Taking my situation in context, should I stay far far away from watching these videos?

You know, so  I don't get super disappointed that the mister doesn't implement anything, or angry that he doesn't watch them, or I......

Okay.  Answered my own question!  Staying far away.

But what if you're making one of the three critical mistakes that ruins your sex life?

• MaterStellieMaterStellie CanadaGold Women Zen Garden Posts: 1,136
    edited March 2015
    Ah, okay.  Just listened to the first few minutes.  Seems you were addressing the men.  

And what IF???  I can practically guarantee I've done them all.  
    newredpillrecruit