breast augmentation:worth it?

Comments

• dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    Once a guy gets to third base, he will know. However, it is not that big of a deal (nor is size all that big of a deal; I've fallen in love with everything from D to AA). Do appreciate them though, the plastic kept the breast cancer from growing into the underlying muscle.
  • KattKatt USASilver Member Posts: 4,554
    edited March 2015
    If you are really unhappy with your breast size, and that's the real issue, and having bigger boobs will make you feel secure in your body, then go for it. But, If you're insecure about other aspects of your body, it isn't going to fix everything.   And if you're considering it just because you think men would prefer you larger, I wouldn't suggest it, because not all men have the same boob preferences, and some men like @generalzod ; (and my husband, so, no GZ you aren't alone in the thinking) just really don't like boob jobs.   So I would only recommend it if it's for YOU and it's really going to positively impact your self image.

I have friends that love their boob jobs, and friends that wish they hadn't done it. The last thing my boobs need is augmenting, but I might get myself a lift for my 40th birthday in a few years LOL Gravity and kids have taken their toll on their perkiness ;).   Luckily someone invented the push up bra to put those babies back up where they used to be!!!!
    Elise
  • LadyOrTheTygerLadyOrTheTyger EarthSilver Member Posts: 892
     But they are a kind of insurance policy: anyone who gets to enjoy them is damn well going to be worth it

I love this so much.
    EliseCallmeCat
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown TejasGold Women Posts: 10,632
    edited March 2015
    If it's just the volume that's bugging you, would a lift be an option? I plan on looking into that in a few years. (Edit: what JB said!)

Angeline
  • mrsozzymrsozzy texasGold Women Posts: 1,950
    edited March 2015
    From the little bit of research I've done, a lift is more complicated and requires a longer recovery than just an augmentation does. That, along with the greater scarring, turned me off.
    PhoenixDown
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    A lift is more involved and does require an anchor-shaped scar.  I had an excellent surgeon.  My scars were nearly invisible after about six months.  You really, really have to look for them now to see them.  
    @Geekengineer could offer more relevant commentary on the subject of scarring.
    Enneagram type 9w1
    PhoenixDown
  • mrsozzymrsozzy texasGold Women Posts: 1,950
    @JellyBean, I know many women get great results. My scars tend to show a lot, and I'm very risk averse in general, so it's not worth it to me right now. Maybe someday I'll change my mind.
  • SlipangleSlipangle MichiganSilver Member Posts: 1,544
    How about details. What are the issues with your breath and procedures under consideration.  I think the focus has been on implants. I would tend to say from experience I was as happy with my ex wife after her implants deflated and she was back to natural b, and someone with game and bedroom skills would win me over someone with big natural tits who did not have the will for bedroom skill.

How well versed are you with wardrobe options?  Pushup bras, tight lacing... I'm a big believer that posture goes a long way. Classy sexy comes a lot more from presentation of what you have than tits, I think small chested women can display high value without needing a boob job.

• GingerEtoileGingerEtoile central midwestSilver Member Posts: 57
    @Slipangle , I dress modestly but attractively most of the time, & can look sexy and glam when I want to. I've worked on my appearance pretty aggressively for the last 2 years, & in truth I'm fairly striking, I think. My breasts are small and have lost volume, and judging from the conversation I had with a surgeon I don't think I would need a lift. I don't want the scars and only want the size. 
    My relationship choices have been poor historically, with my ex husband and with a relationship I had after my divorce. I have had a LOT of therapy in the last year to work on that:) I know I said something stupid about dating better quality men by having nicer boobs at the beginning of this conversation,  but after thinking about it I think it's more about enjoying how I look now and protecting myself from low standards, even if it's just a mental trick I'm playing on my own evolutionary brain:)
  • SlipangleSlipangle MichiganSilver Member Posts: 1,544
    Just making sure all the alternatives get due consideration.  I'm on a corset thing with my girlfriend right now. She has this red dress she bought for a night out at the symphony,  she wore 8th again this past weekend for a nice dinner out but this time with a corset. It really made a difference,  her posture was noticeable and the difference to her figure was noticeable when I compared side by side. 

Here's an article with some comparison pics with similar degrees of difference,  then I'll shut up on the topic. Bear in mind the author is a feminist and colors her opinion to highlight the negative,  I think her corset was more aggressive than I have my gf start with. The relevant data is the her boyfriend liked it, plus the article includes the experience and comparison photos of 3 other women as well. 

http://nypost.com/2014/11/19/how-to-get-waisted-like-a-kardashian/

Angeline
  • GeekengineerGeekengineer Sandy EggoGold Men Posts: 1,720
    JellyBean said:
    A lift is more involved and does require an anchor-shaped scar.  I had an excellent surgeon.  My scars were nearly invisible after about six months.  You really, really have to look for them now to see them.  
    @Geekengineer could offer more relevant commentary on the subject of scarring.
    What little scarring there is is hardly noticeable, and doesn't bother me in the least.  JB's doctor was pretty darn good.

JellyBean is my wife.
  • PhilosophicEntreprenPhilosophicEntrepren Fort WorthSilver Member Posts: 144
    If you're going to do it, find an excellent doc.

Like you, I had a 20-year miserable marriage. I went a little crazy when I became single and could have some fun again. Had a chance to, uh, closely examine ~40 sets of breasts over a couple of years. I didn't enjoy most of the store-bought boobs - they looked great under a shirt, but didn't feel good once the shirt came off. But with two ladies in particular (both of whom are still friends, so if you happen to be in DFW, I can get you the names of their doctors :smile:  ), I would have truly thought they were real. And I enjoyed them immensely. The common thread was they had both carefully researched the surgeons and found someone really skilled.

GingerEtoile
    @PhilosophicEntrepren , out of curiosity, do you know if the good ones were silicone, over the muscle or under the muscle? I'm doing my research:) Not in Texas, though,  Midwest. 
  • PhilosophicEntreprenPhilosophicEntrepren Fort WorthSilver Member Posts: 144
    @GingerEtoile , they were both silicone. AFAIK, I've never closely inspected saline. I believe one was under the muscle and one was over. That's probably no help.
  • LadyOrTheTygerLadyOrTheTyger EarthSilver Member Posts: 892
    edited March 2015
    If you're into lifting weights for fitness you'll want to go over the muscle.  It doesn't happen in every case but bench press/chest press/pushups can cause an implant underneath to shift over time.
    AngelinePhoenixDown
    Yikes @LadyOrTheTyger , I didn't know that and was planning under the muscle.  I do lift weights and try to do about 100 push-ups a week at least.  Thanks. 
    @PhilosophicEntrepren, helpful,  thanks! 
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    Mine are silicone, under the muscle. I lift weights frequently with no complications. 
    Enneagram type 9w1