breast augmentation:worth it?

Comments

• LadyOrTheTygerLadyOrTheTyger EarthSilver Member Posts: 892
    Thus the phrasing "not in every case." I've known some female lifters it happened to, and some it didn't. I used to be involved in the industry of fitness competitions and natural bodybuilding so have known several women who had implants and lifted weights. 
    Angeline
  • SomeDudeSomeDude Silver Member Posts: 833
  • RemusRemus NY,NYSilver Member Posts: 382
    Just to chime in, I can pretty much always tell fakes.  In general I think fakes look a lot better with clothes on rather than off.

But ultimately this should be about how it makes you feel, not how random other people react to them.
  • SlipangleSlipangle MichiganSilver Member Posts: 1,544
    So when my ex got hers before the marriage,  she got saline. At the time she could have opted to participate in clinical trials to get silicone but silicone wasn't otherwise approved at the time.  Silicone feels more soft and natural. 

The issue was leakage of the silicone.  Both implants use a silicone bag. If saline leaks no big deal it just absorbs, it's pretty much wayer. But liquid silicone is a hazard. Silicone implants don't use liquid now to prevent the hazard. At least that's how I recall the explanation from the doc.

When the saline implants leaked we looked at options and chose not to replace them at all, but silicone would've been better than saline. 

Another option is a more recent development,  something like fat transfer. This is one article... 

http://www.plasticsurgery.org/news/past-press-releases/2012-archives/fat-transfer-provides-alternative-to-breast-implants-suggests-study-in-plastic-and-reconstructive-surgery®.html

• GingerEtoileGingerEtoile central midwestSilver Member Posts: 57
    @SomeDude , thanks for the article, very helpful! @Slipangle, I think the silicone ones that aren't liquid silicone are pretty safe now, though of course there is always a risk. I'm certain I'd enjoy them, but there are of course always other ways to spend money. That's kind of my is - this - worth - it issue...if I'm working to improve myself overall, if I'm at a reasonably secure place financially,  & it's between investing money in something I know I'll like versus like an improvement to my house (like having my driveway repaved, wheee)-- is there anything inherently wrong with spending money solely on myself?  I earned every penny of it. I don't get alimony or even child support. But pretty breasts won't really benefit anyone but me, you know? Men get new motorcycles after divorce, though, so that's how I'm justifying it today. ..no helmet required;)
  • findingalphafindingalpha Great lakesGold Men Posts: 207
    edited March 2015
    No nothing wrong with spending money on yourself. 
    JellyBeanElise
  • GingerEtoileGingerEtoile central midwestSilver Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2015
    @Mark72 since putting pictures of my breasts on the Internet is probably not that great of an idea, here is a cupcake representation. Note flattened appearance and lowered position of mentos;)
    Angeline
  • JekJek CaliforniaMember Posts: 1,520
    edited March 2015
    I wasn't really involved too much when my ex got hers, when we were together, but...
    Her and her sister got the same cup, but my ex got less saline, if that makes sense.  My ex's look a bit more natural and, I cant be sure but they say, hers feel softer than her sister's.
     I really wish I knew first hand, then second hand.

I wouldnt compare it to a motorcycle, so much.  I would go out on a limb and stretch it a bit to compare to getting braces, whitening, and vaneers.  
    Angeline
  • ShepardShepard Gold Men Posts: 563
    Your fellow breast-loving low-carbing forum members frown at your picture. I'm hungry now   ;)

Have you ever sailed across an ocean Donald? On a sail boat surrounded by sea with no land in sight. Without even the possibility of sighting land for days to come. To stand at the helm of your destiny. I want that, one more time.
    AngelineGingerEtoile
  • MariaMaria EuropeCategory Moderator** Posts: 5,323
    edited March 2015
    These boobs cupcakes look like Heidi Klums.
    Google Heidi Klum topless and you'll see.

They're in good company!
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    If you want us to be unapologetically feminine, be unapologetically masculine.
    RebuildingHusbandAngelineGingerEtoile
  • SerenitySerenity Senior Moderator** Posts: 11,358
    My husband says the same thing. "If I had boobs, I'd be touching them all the time. Do you walk around all day long just feeling them?"

Um .... no?  

He's so funny.

Breast augmentation destroyed my marriage and my career.

Once I had my own set of boobs, I stopped paying any sort of attention to my wife and never left the house.

Angeline
  • C8H11NO2plusplusC8H11NO2plusplus USSilver Member Posts: 161
    edited March 2015
    Spread the love.
    On that note, have I mentioned how much I love legs?
    JekBlackwulfAngeline