Being Recruited - Job Interviews and Offers - Do I tell Wife?

13»

Comments

• UnBetaMeUnBetaMe Through The GatesMember Posts: 1,211
    John3 said:

@UnBetaMe don't go without medical.  You can usually buy something from your employer's provider if you ask before you leave.  It's not cheap, but summertime is the season of ER visits.  It just takes one of those to wish you have coverage.

This is the time to go do something...grandcanyon, Yosemite, something :)

My wife still has coverage through this time, but I agree with your point for sure.
    Having a really hard time focusing at work. Finding it difficult to give any fucks when I know I'll be gone in a month or less.
    I've previously been able to put up with the BS meetings etc. Because I like my clients and it's part of the process of getting the rewards / bonuses. 
    I'm finding my BS bucket is filling very quickly now, knowing that it doesn’t really matter anymore...
    MiddleMan
    Angeline said:
    "Be a company man right up to the day you leave the company"
    Said to me by a former boss as we watched someone fuck off for his notice period. It left a bad taste, and jobs and companies come back around.
    Oh, I 100% agree.  It's just more of an observation of what really motivates me.  
    Imagine that, incentive programs that actually 'incent' ... :smile: 
    AngelineTenneeMiddleMan
    It's getting close to time for putting in my notice. I imagine I'll get walked out the door and paid out for my two week notice period.
    Anyone have any advice for resigning from a job you like? 
  • RebuildingHusbandRebuildingHusband Southern USASilver Member Posts: 1,953
    UnBetaMe said:
    It's getting close to time for putting in my notice. I imagine I'll get walked out the door and paid out for my two week notice period.
    Anyone have any advice for resigning from a job you like? 
    I did it about a year ago. My former boss and I are good friends to this day. He works for me now, incidentally, as a consultant (I left the consulting company for industry). It wasn't exactly easy but we talked a good bit about how this was the next step in my career and I needed to take it. I thanked him for all of the effort he put into training and teaching me and did everything I could during my last month to get his department prepared for my departure. 
    give a shit and try, or go be miserable by yourself - AlphaBelle
    UnBetaMeJohn3
  • John3John3 SeattleSilver Member Posts: 1,396
    Congrats UnBetaMe.  LinkedIn really is a great business tool if you use it right.  Enjoy the summer...it's rare to get the chance to take time off and really unplug from work.
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    UnBetaMe