Husband turned down sex?!?

Comments

• IrishGypsyIrishGypsy UKSilver Member Posts: 407
    Worth sticking in the IOI thread you reckon?  ;)
    amblrgirlTenneeUnBetaMe
  • amblrgirlamblrgirl ATXSilver Member Posts: 1,328
    edited September 2
    On my MAP thread, said I would tackle sex here. So...

Two weeks ago, H surprised me with an unplanned date night. We dropped the kids at playcare and went to a great little restaurant/wine bar and had some fun conversation. After dinner, he invited me to go to a coffee shop we love that has live music. I declined and asked him to take me home instead, so we could "do something even more fun".

It was hot until... bright red, heavy bleeding, but it stopped before we went to bed. Got in to see the doctor Monday afternoon and she did an internal exam. "Your uterus is enlarged."  She told me to come back in an hour and they would get me in for an ultrasound. That's a quick turnaround, so I knew she was concerned. I was shaking, very scared it was cancer or something. Called H to let him know I wouldn't be headed home for awhile and to let him know what was going on.

Thankfully, everything looked healthy on the ultrasound and my uterus measured okay, on the larger side, but not out of the normal range (my babies were over 8 pounds).

While we weren't any rougher than usual Friday night, I guess our "usual" may be a little on the rough side. We were also using a new anal plug with a different shape and doing some vibe penetration between PIV. So we think the plug and vibe DP may have just bumped/rubbed/snagged/irritated something enough to cause the bleeding. Plus, I was near ovulation, so my cervix would have been lower and maybe more sensitive. But since I couldn't get in to see the doctor until Monday afternoon, whatever bled Friday night had already had lots of time to heal. 

We were just relieved there was nothing more serious. We spent the night after the doctor's appointment just relaxing and snuggling up together.

But the next evening... 

Tuesday was back to business. It was ovulation week, and I couldn't help myself, lol. We did our weekly check-in, then cuddled and chatted some. 

I started feeling horny, so I grazed his cock through his jeans. He seemed interested so I started some more aggressive rubbing/grabbing. Then I pulled his pants off and started a BJ. H was super into it. He asked if I learned something new with my tongue. I think it was just a slightly different angle, but now I need to figure it out because he REALLY liked it. He actually said, "I want to come in your mouth." (H rarely offers a verbal statement like that). I was happy to oblige, of course. After, he asked about me (such a gentleman), but I told him I was very happy with what we did and that I didn't need anything more that night. 
    amblrgirltx@gmail.com
    Fitocracy: atxchick

Enneagram 6w5, married to a 5
  • forestleafforestleaf At the farmGold Women Posts: 1,703
    All my girlfriends who have had bright red heavy bleeding at an odd time like you described generally have found out they were pregnant a few weeks later. It could be a sign of implantation bleeding. If that were the case the ultrasound would find no signs of pregnancy that early. I can't remember your birth control situation?
    *Dodges bullet* :#  

Definitely not pregnant. We were (thankfully) able to rule that out quickly. This happened after my period and a little before ovulation (according to the calendar and what I felt - I feel ovulation -  and we saw the almost-ready follicles still in place on the ultrasound). 

H has a vasectomy, but I do still get nervous when I hear stories about vasectomies that don't "take" or that re-connect. 

I am done, done, done having babies.
    amblrgirltx@gmail.com

• forestleafforestleaf At the farmGold Women Posts: 1,703
    Luckily @UnBetaMe's experience is rare, so yeah, you're not likely pregnant if your H had a vasectomy.  Although FTR, if you had implantation bleeding, a pregnancy test would still be negative (too early). The embryo has to implant in the uterus in order to tell your body to make HCG which is what the pregnancy test detects. Fun fact.
    TenneeAngelinetelyniamblrgirl
  • HowlAtTheMoonHowlAtTheMoon Silver Member Posts: 1,183
    Fibroids would cause bleeding and enlarged uterus. Or a ruptured ovarian cyst. While some ruptured cysts are terribly painful, some just feel like ovulation.
    Or uterine polyps. All have caused big bleeds for me and resolved themselves, but it was concerning at the time.
    TenneeUnBetaMeDaddyOh
    @UnBetaMe - Yes, they had him test a few times, I think. I'm horrified by your experience, though.

@Forestleaf - Yeah, we didn't do a pregnancy test. Just knew due to cycle timing that I could not be pregnant.

@HowlAtTheMoon - Yes, I believe those are some of the things they were looking for with the ultrasound. They didn't find anything abnormal so whatever happened has hopefully resolved. Probably won't pair that particular plug with vibe DP again, though. Lessons learned. ;)

amblrgirltx@gmail.com

UnBetaMe42andatowel
  • StikkyEbiStikkyEbi Member Posts: 11
    How often do you have sex? I know my husband turns me down sometimes because we have sex too often at times. We're talking two to six times a day during the first year we knew each other and one to two times a day the last year and a half we've known each other. Of course this is on average sometimes it's less or more. Point is sometimes a guys sex drive isn't high enough to keep up even if he finds you attractive.
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    @StikkyEbiwelcome to the forum. Please post an Introduction.

You've jumped into a long-running thread, and it's clear you don't understand amblrgrl's background.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    42andatowel
  • SerenitySerenity Senior Moderator** Posts: 11,358
    Hi @StikkyEbi and welcome to the Forum.

Please post an introductory thread so we can get to know you. 

It can be general, or you can use these questions as a starting off point. 

How often do you have sex? I know my husband turns me down sometimes because we have sex too often at times. 
    guildenstern1
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    I'm jealous @amblrgirl  haha.  H is a lucky man 
    can I ask how old u are and why you think you're sex drive is so high.  ?
    im just curious.  Great thread and posts here. 

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

Pen_and_Swordamblrgirl