Scent suggestions

2»

Comments

• ZoroasterZoroaster Silver Member Posts: 735
    Chief_TC said:
    Where do you put the cologne?

I leave mine on the bathroom counter....
    I keep it in my shaving kit. It simplifies packing.

As far as fragrances go, I don't like them perfumy or musky. I like a nice, light, citrus scent. I've gotten a lot of compliments that way. My current fave is Blue Homme.

YMMV goes almost without saying, though. Your body chemistry, and that of the women you want to attract, add a hell of a lot of variability here.

Angeline
  • SybarisSybaris NYMember Posts: 18
    There are a couple sites you may peruse... Fragrantica and Base Notes. There you can find a wealth of information on men's and women's scents. Since you have an adverse reaction to some colognes and perfumes you may also find information on ones that are non-allergenic.

You might try narrowing down the properties of a scent that is most appealing to your wife but still doesn't make YOU smell like her. Those sites have search engines that can help you do that. From there you can buy samples from other forum participants, eBay or sample sites very cheaply and find your signature scent.  
  • MsChiefMsChief Silver Member Posts: 110
    I bought hubby Burberry for Men a few months ago.  I really like it.  It's just subtle enough.  
  • Mr_BrownMr_Brown east coastSilver Member Posts: 3,636
    Acqua Di Gio 
    Been an uphill battle, both ways, in three feet of snow, with newspapers for shoes, but I'm a better man for it!
  • telynitelyni Midwest, USASilver Member Posts: 471
    Since you have a thread on scents...
    Would you mind describing what effect, exactly, the ylang oil has for you?
    Ylang ylang essential oil is flowery and sweet, so wearing it immediately makes me feel more feminine, like a perfume. It also helps me relax and seems to literally increase my arousal from stimulating activities like using a vibrator. On two days close together (i.e. nearly independent of cycle), an O with the vibe took 15 minutes without ylang ylang and 3-5 with. The effect is most pronounced right away, but it can linger for maybe days even if I can't consciously smell it any more. I need to do some more experimentation though. I got a very strong response when I first started experimenting last month, but I also used ylang ylang for several days in a row, which may well have multiplied the effect.

I wouldn't recommend wearing it yourself, though! Not masculine! But if it helps your wife... :p
    Enneagram type 5w4
    telyni at gmail
  • CharlieCharlie Earthquake country Silver Member Posts: 442
    You mean I can't use it like some super powerful pheromone? Dang it. 

Thanks for the info anyways 
    telyni42andatowel
  • telynitelyni Midwest, USASilver Member Posts: 471
    You mean I can't use it like some super powerful pheromone? Dang it. 
    No, but you could give it to your wife as a birthday gift or something, as if it were just perfume.
    Enneagram type 5w4
    telyni at gmail
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    edited March 22
    I don't recommend giving your wife perfume and then siting there expectantly waiting for it to work as a pheromone like a magic potion.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    42andatowelHildaCorners
  • CharlieCharlie Earthquake country Silver Member Posts: 442
    I was joking... 
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    Lotta lurkers out there. 
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
  • frillyfunfrillyfun East PodunkGold Women Posts: 3,386
    You could also diffuse it for ambiance in the bedroom.  
    telyniCharlie
  • CallmeCatCallmeCat DownsouthSilver Member Posts: 236
    Body and Bath works has some great scents for men. They have lotions, body sprays, deoderants,cologne. My daughter had purchased some for her husband and smelled really nice and not overbearing. 
    Charlie
  • nubbynubby Right HereSilver Member Posts: 1,964
    CallmeCat said:
    Body and Bath works has some great scents for men. They have lotions, body sprays, deoderants,cologne. My daughter had purchased some for her husband and smelled really nice and not overbearing. 
    My wife bought me some bath and body works whitewater rush. I actually like it(not really a scent guy).
    i use the body wash and the moisturizing cream. I hate dry winter skin. 
    AngelineCallmeCat
  • r9stoner9stone MI, America's High FiveSilver Member Posts: 1,174
    I go with Captain's Choice brand sandalwood aftershave, because obviously.
    CharlieamblrgirlAdamBeckerAngeline
  • EANxEANx Local GroupSilver Member Posts: 509
    My go-to is Polo Black. I realize that scents work differently for everyone but this seems to be my secret ingredient. I've had more than a few women (I'm single for those who don't know) say things like "oh, he smells good tonight" while bringing that greeting hug&kiss in closer.

I'd say that a guy with the right scent is the equivalent of a woman wearing a short skirt with a plunging neckline. There's something about the right scent that makes a woman go from "Yay, nice date night out" to "yay, nice date night out ... after I fuck his brains out". Finding the best scent for your body chemistry is worthwhile.
    UnBetaMe
  • DaddyOhDaddyOh CTGold Men Posts: 1,589
    image.jpeg
    756 x 581 - 77K
    "How vain it is to sit down and write when you have not stood up to live."
    Angeline