Mario Bello discusses her affair...(warning...hamstering in action)

John3John3 SeattleSilver Member Posts: 1,396

Actress Mario Bello on her Affair & why we need to talk about infidelity.

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/highlight/actress-maria-bello-on-her-affair--why-we-need-to-talk-about-infidelity/554149f52b8c2a65770008fa

What do you think?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Comments

• AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    I think building relationship comfort was a weird choice to put this post.
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    Howard[Deleted User]
  • John3John3 SeattleSilver Member Posts: 1,396
    Yeah, didn't exactly know where else it would fit.
  • JellyBeanJellyBean Sunny SoCalGold Women Posts: 5,054
    I couldn't stomach watching more than the intro bit of about a minute.  My favorite highlights from that brief snippet:

1. She compares herself to JFK and Martin Luther King.  She compares herself to liberators of the oppressed!  She's a high-minded humanitarian, unlike the rest of you losers who choose to remain monogamous!

2.  She doesn't want to discuss the details of her own affairs, she wants to "open the conversation" to get people talking about it and understanding that cheating cheaters who cheat are more evolved than you losers who stay faithful.

What a bunch of bunch of self-justifying dreck.
    Enneagram type 9w1
    SignorePillolaRossaAngelineKatt[Deleted User]

@JellyBean, a quote (talking about her journals): "She kept them under her bed -- a hundred or more journals she had filled since her childhood in Philadelphia. In 2013, while recovering from parasites she had picked up while doing humanitarian work in Haiti, actress Maria Bello started reading her journals."

Which answers the question...can a parasite get a parasite.  Apparently so.

She wears a wedding ring.  Nowhere does anything mention the spouse she cheated on. Not her blog. Not her Wikipedia entry.  Not her IMDb entry.  She explains that she is at least 15 of facebook's 51 sexuality types.  She also claims to be the daughter of an alcoholic father and was diagnosed as bipolar at 27.  And despite a very mediocre film career, at best (Coyote Ugly, really?), she gets media attention.  I guess good bone structure is worth something.

And just for the record...

Smith, who directs the General Social Survey at the National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago, has spent years steeped in the academic and popular polls on the subject. There is hardly any reliable trend data on the subject before 1988, and what data do exist show little change in the incidence of these affairs over time.

In a 2006 paper Smith reported: “The best estimates are that about 3% to 4% of currently married people have a sexual partner besides their spouse in a given year and about 15% to 18% of ever-married people have had a sexual partner other than their spouse while married.”

When asked whether extramarital sexual relations are always wrong, almost always wrong, wrong only sometimes or not wrong at all, public opinion is uniformly adamant. According to polls, slightly more than 80% of Americans say that extramarital sexual relations are always wrong. The “always wrong” response has actually risen over the past 35 years. In the early 1970s, around 70% of people polled said extramarital sexual relations were always wrong."

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/28/sanford-ensign-affair-opinions-columnists-extramarital-sex.html

• SerenitySerenity Senior Moderator** Posts: 11,358
    Well, yeah. That's the deal. Some boringly monogamous couple is never going to get media attention. Not unless they're old and have been married for 75 years.

It's like traffic accidents. You never see news footage that says, "Oh hey, by the way, 99% of commuters made their way home safely today."

It's the wrecks that get all the attention. 

All the counting is on the negative side and so we get a skewed view of how frequent traffic accidents (or affairs) really are.

John3 said:

And just for the record...

Smith, who directs the General Social Survey at the National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago, has spent years steeped in the academic and popular polls on the subject. There is hardly any reliable trend data on the subject before 1988, and what data do exist show little change in the incidence of these affairs over time.

In a 2006 paper Smith reported: “The best estimates are that about 3% to 4% of currently married people have a sexual partner besides their spouse in a given year and about 15% to 18% of ever-married people have had a sexual partner other than their spouse while married.”

When asked whether extramarital sexual relations are always wrong, almost always wrong, wrong only sometimes or not wrong at all, public opinion is uniformly adamant. According to polls, slightly more than 80% of Americans say that extramarital sexual relations are always wrong. The “always wrong” response has actually risen over the past 35 years. In the early 1970s, around 70% of people polled said extramarital sexual relations were always wrong."

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/28/sanford-ensign-affair-opinions-columnists-extramarital-sex.html

KattRedPillLearning
    And it still all comes down to trying to justify it based on "everyone else is doing it."
    JellyBeanSerenityKatt