All purpose update and status report

2»

Comments

• ScarletScarlet Category Moderator** Posts: 7,542
    I am super excited about audiobooks.  
    Speak your truth. 
    RicoBlackwulfBlueWolfMrsJon
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    Penelope Trunk and her family auditioned for a reality show, and were told they were too normal: Athol doesn't have a chance! (A look at her blog will show you why, Athol is far more normal than her.)
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    edited May 2015
    Hey Captain-
    Saw in another thread where you mentioned the new series is approaching book format.  I personally am stoked about that, I like having something as a reference material - simply better suits my preferred learning method. 

So my question:  will we be able to order an actual book vs. eBook/Kindle [For many, a 'book' is a collection of words printed on paper, bound, and contains a title page and cover.  These are sold in 'book stores' or available at 'libraries'.  Please google these unfamiliar words] as were Primer and MAP?  I was able to order these through Barnes and Noble, and they shipped to the store.  Thus giving me my physical reference material and ensuring secrecy from the W. 

Same deal for the new stuff?  I for one am stoked about getting new books. 
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    RicoBlueWolf
  • Mr_BrownMr_Brown east coastSilver Member Posts: 3,636
    Rorschach said:
    Are you looking at making the video content available in podcast type format? Nothing against video; I just can't make it work in practical terms. Podcast would be ideal. Otherwise, I have to wait for the book(s).
    Or an audio version available on iTunes.
    Been an uphill battle, both ways, in three feet of snow, with newspapers for shoes, but I'm a better man for it!
    RorschachWinter
  • HowardHoward EuropeSilver Member Posts: 618
    @Athol_Kay ;

just a thought/suggestion for the videos: I'm through with Pt 1 and really sat down with each of them, taking copious notes (FWIW). That meant it took me quite a while to get them all watched as I had to put private time aside- not always simple.

I just watched #1 of Pt 2 while cooking, took no notes of course and found it a much more relaxed experience  :) . But no notes taken so I'll have to check back with that (especially as the Pt2 #1 Video assignment seems really important).

My suggestion: is whether you would consider adding a kind of quick summary in readable form - it could just be online- for each video, especially listing the Tasks for each part. You do do a great job of recapping at the start of each video, and the Task are not hard to find if one watches the last few minutes - but it would be a useful resource and a support reference for your video audience.

I did have the thought that actually having to make even cursory notes myself does make the watching more interactive, so that would be an argument against making a summary readily available. Just brainstorming with that idea, I thought you could actually make the viewer work by creating a quick multiple choice quiz for each video, e.g, "which is a more serious concern: an 80% Relationship which is dropping, or a 20% one which is showing improvement"....etc.

As though you don't have enough to do already....
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
    "Do more of what you love."
  • leoslayerleoslayer NCSilver Member Posts: 1,920
    I for one rarely click banners. I will also rarely tell people I bought from how I heard about them.

I bought the primer off site thru amazon but the forum is what made me go there.

Just FYI.

I also send people here that are having issues all the time. I don't think to refer them to the blog or atholkay.com

I think forums are bigger with people than you think. 
    BlueWolfTenneeKatt
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    Leo, sometimes those banners and links are often set up so the site owner gets a little bit of affiliate income from the sale. Many site owners use this income to maintain the site or to make it better. It's paid by Amazon (or whoever), and does not change the price you pay for the item.

It's entirely up to you whether you want to support the site or not, but it's worth knowing.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    BlueWolf
  • Jen_KayJen_Kay Posts: 374
    leoslayer said:
    I for one rarely click banners. I will also rarely tell people I bought from how I heard about them.

I bought the primer off site thru amazon but the forum is what made me go there.

Just FYI.

I also send people here that are having issues all the time. I don't think to refer them to the blog or atholkay.com

I think forums are bigger with people than you think. 
    Any banner on the forum or our websites are just links to Amazon, through which we get a small affiliate fee. (not enough to cover the thousands of dollars it costs to host this forum every year, but every little bit helps.)  It doesn't change the price. The Vimeo links you find in the sidebar are just a convenient way to direct you to our videos on Vimeo. 
    SaigoTakamoriElise
  • Pen_and_SwordPen_and_Sword USASilver Member Posts: 469
    I don't remember what search string I used, but I, too, found the forum first, then the blog and books. Perhaps because I wasn't actually looking for advice... just poking around the topic. 

The plural of anecdote is not data, mind, but that was my experience.
    "James Bond doesn't have bad days."  - Tennee
    "The goal is to turn women on, NOT sex. If you become good at turning women on, sex can be assumed." - Tanooki
    Triage: http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13564/so-this-is-me
    M.A.P. - http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13574/pen-and-swords-map
  • codename_duchesscodename_duchess AustraliaSilver Member Posts: 222
    I agree, that I was very skeptical until I saw the comments from the women on the forum saying that all the blue-pill stuff I'd learned was a turnoff. I'm aware of confirmation bias and other reasons not to just hop on the bandwagon, but what I had been doing hadn't been working and what did I have to lose.