Supreme 90 Day

2»

Comments

• Im_a_ManIm_a_Man CanadaSilver Member Posts: 878
    Supreme 90 day is excellent and helped me go from years sitting at a computer with neck pain to getting strong and becoming pain free. I now do a modified version using only the difficult videos and heavy (for me) weights. Leg, Tabata, Chest & Back, shoulders and Arms. I also do core stuff every workout and run several times a week. Sometimes i do 2 workouts a day (Morning cardio/ late day weights). I can now do Pikes, push-ups with my toes on the ball and hope to do a perfect V-Up one day. 

I did find that following Supreme 90 day exactly gave me sore shoulders, once i started adding in pulling exercises that seemed to fix it. I give it 5 stars
  • Im_a_ManIm_a_Man CanadaSilver Member Posts: 878
    @monkeys_uncle " Tabata Inferno and the Legs workout are two that *always* seem to kick my ass"

Me too, sometimes I stop the leg video when they go back for a second time and mix it with some AB work. I have good/bad days with the Tabata Inferno. But if i've been lazy and taken a couple days off the Tabata Inferno gets me going again. 
  • DuncanDuncan Member Posts: 131
    How important is the nutrition guide?  Seriously?  I'm about to start this & I just can't see myself eating 6 meals a day.

(I eat well anyway:  no sugar or sweeteners, no refined grains, lots of protein, avoidance of processed crap, etc.)
    "If everything seems under control, you're probably not moving fast enough." -- Mario Andretti
    PhoenixDown
  • Monkeys_UncleMonkeys_Uncle RuralGold Men Posts: 4,045
    edited August 2012
    Duncan, I had good results w/ S90 Day without following the nutrition guide, and I don't eat half as well as you.  

"My advice to you is get married:  if you find a good wife you'll be happy, if not, you'll become a philosopher." -Socrates

PhoenixDown

I've noticed lately that my shoulders were getting incredibly sore for a few days anytime I do the Cardio Challenge workout with Supreme 90 Day.   I finally located the culprit:  plank jacks.   My wife walked through the living room as I was doing them and said, "Yeah, that's what's been wrong with your shoulder."  She worked in PT for a long time so I value her input into such matters.   Since then I have started taking my arms out of the plank jack exercise and just using my legs from an arm-extended plank position (there is an identical exercise in the Tabata Inferno workout).  Sure enough, no more sore shoulders... at least not at the joints (plenty of muscle soreness, I have been upping the dumbell weight as of late).

"My advice to you is get married:  if you find a good wife you'll be happy, if not, you'll become a philosopher." -Socrates

• SerenitySerenity Senior Moderator** Posts: 11,358
    @Monkeys_Uncle ; I have been doing Supreme 90 Day, mostly the 'Core Dynamics'.  Do any of the discs have a good glute work-out?  At this point, I'm just wanting to concentrate on core and glutes. (because that's what my husband like  lol)

They don't have any workouts that focus specifically on glutes, but the Leg workout has an insane amount of Lunge-type exercises that will hit your glutes along with every other muscle below your waist.   Cardio Challenge and Tabata Inferno are both more cardio oriented, but have lunging and squatting exerceises that will work your glutes, as does Total Body.  

One thing to be aware of is that you need to focus on squeezing your glutes during those exercices or else your thighs will do most of the work.  Another trick is to really "sit back" when doing squatting exercise and push down through your heels when you are extending, drive your hips forward and squeeze your glutes hard on every rep.  This will help focus on the glutes a bit more than the thighs.   

Dammit... plyometric (clapping) push ups in the Total Body workout have brought the shoulder joint pain back, even worse than with the plank jacks.   

That makes two S90D exercises I would recommend skipping or changing.  

• Version3Version3 Silver Member Posts: 1,906
    I've run into a problem. Keep having hamstring issues, and a search for a potential cause suggested that an imbalance in strength between hams and quads might be the culprit. The last "tweak" I had while sprinting occurred distinctly in the negative phase (pulling my leg forward) so that is some good evidence, I think.

Supreme90 doesn't do a whole lot for the hammys, I think. lunges work them a little, but still feels more quad-centric to me. I don;t have access to a hamstring curl bench, so I'm considering some resistance band work. 

Any thoughts?

"The pain of discipline is a tiny thing compared to the pain of regret."

It's an obstacle. Get over it.

• KathrynthegreatKathrynthegreat TeamAmazonWarriorPrincessMember Posts: 3,770
    edited September 2012
    @Version3 do ball hamstring curls to strengthen the hammies.  

Although it may be that your hams are tight, not weak.  If you have a job where you sit a lot, it can cause your hip flexors to shorten.  Also the explosive mountain climbers, burpees, and ab work in S90 also has the tendency to shorten the hip flexors.  This causes the hips to tip forward, pulling the hamstrings tight like a bowstring.  If that is the case you'll need to work on loosening up the hip flexors, as that is the root of the problem.  
  • Version3Version3 Silver Member Posts: 1,906
    I always say, with much truth, that I'm the most flexible 46 y o I know. I realized a long time ago that soft tissue injuries, not joint problems (thankfully!), were going to be my bane. So I stretch religiously now. Used to love to walk on a court and just start balling, but those days are long gone, unless I want strains and tears and pain.

So my guess is that it's the imbalance and not tight hammys. I might pay a visit to the chiropractor, tho, to see if the flexors thing could be an issue.

"The pain of discipline is a tiny thing compared to the pain of regret."

It's an obstacle. Get over it.

• excessexcess Member Posts: 372
    @Version3 Two words: Romanian Deadlifts.