The hair down there

Comments

• seriouslyseriously The mittenSilver Member Posts: 1,134
    JellyBean said:
    Costco has a home laser hair removal device for $130, online and in warehouse. It isn't truly a laser, it is "Intense Pulsed Light."
    Does it work?  I saw one on amazon for about $3-400 a while back.  Always wondered if it worked.
  • MrsBMrsB United StatesSilver Member Posts: 328
    I was looking into laser treatment recently. Maybe it's because I'm 39 weeks pregnant, but I'm so, so SO sick of shaving. Unfortunately, I'm blonde and all the laser docs tell me it won't work:-( I guess they need a contrast between the hair and the skin?
  • amblrgirlamblrgirl ATXSilver Member Posts: 1,328
    @LadyOrTheTyger - I bought a package at my dermatologist's office when they were running a special. It was $1300-$1400 for 5 sessions on underarms and brazilian. I will probably have to add a few extra sessions to get completely hairless (they told me it typically takes 6-8 sessions). Not sure how much they are for add-ons, but I'll let you know when I find out at my next visit.
    amblrgirltx@gmail.com
    Fitocracy: atxchick

Enneagram 6w5, married to a 5
    LadyOrTheTygerAngelineElise
  • Tiger_LilyTiger_Lily Silver Member Posts: 772
    Scarlet said:
    @seriously I'll tell you in a few months.  I bought one a month ago and have used it three times (it recommends every two weeks).  The instructions say it may take two months to see a difference.  
    @Scarlet how is the "intense light" machine working out?
  • ScarletScarlet Category Moderator** Posts: 7,542
    @Tiger_Lily I've gotten lazy about using it during the last month, but there's a definite decrease.  
    Speak your truth. 
    Tiger_LilyAngelinePersephone
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    ::: bows down before @Legs in awe :::
    "Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
    amblrgirlforestleaf
  • CharlieCharlie Earthquake country Silver Member Posts: 442
    edited April 14
    Sorry if this is a bit of a thread jack, but I thought this was the best place for this question. My wife won't go bald down there, but she will trim it short with clippers. Unfortunately, the other day she clipped something other than hair when using my Wahl hair clippers :o  (nothing major, just a nick, but it will keep her out of commission for a week or so until it heals). Is there a trimmer, preferably a bit smaller so it's more maneuverable down there, that wouldn't be as likely to cut her? 
  • WinterWinter The Island of MisFit ToysGold Women Posts: 955
    I only use a razor (just a regular Gillette hand razor) . Clippers down there would scare the crap out of me. 

Katt
    I used a bikini trimmer when I was trimming. Something like this...

http://www.amazon.com/Remington-WPG4020C-Body-Bikini-Grooming/dp/B00BB5YI0Q/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1460642809&sr=8-1&keywords=remington+wpg4020

Just grabbed whatever they had at Target that day, but it worked perfectly for what I needed.
    amblrgirltx@gmail.com

Charlie
  • CharlieCharlie Earthquake country Silver Member Posts: 442
    Thanks. I'll pick up a bikini trimmer with different length comb attachments so she can control the length of the trim. 
    amblrgirl
  • CallmeCatCallmeCat DownsouthSilver Member Posts: 236
    For you ladies that have had laser hair removal how many treatments did it take you to be mostly rid of it? I have had two now and it still seems like alot to go. It will be worth it in the long run I think as I always get rash from razors and ingrown  hairs so that is why I decided to give it a whirl. It does hurt but I had a big old crown and coke before I went inn this last go around and it was much more tolerable ;)
    edited April 26
    I think my experience may be an outlier. I had 7 treatments at my dermatologist's office using Lumenis Lightsheer Laser. After each of the first 3-4 I noticed a reduction in my hair and even a few bald patches. Then I stopped seeing results (with plenty of hair still there). The office even gave me a free treatment because of the lack of results. Then just before my last appointment, they called to say the laser head was broken (I assume that explains the lack of results from my last 3 sessions?). It's going to be 6-8 weeks before they have the part to fix it.

I didn't want to wait that long, so I bought a Groupon to a local IPL place. I had my first treatment last week. It was definitely more painful than the Lumenis laser. There were a few 4-letter words involved in that session. She did the backside last and save the most painful zap for the very end. I was not prepared for that and totally dropped an F-bomb. I was in the treatment room nearest the lobby and when I came out, the girl in the waiting room and I shared a laugh. She clearly heard every 4 letter word, but thought it was hysterical. She just smiled and said, "That was very entertaining." We were all cracking up.

Maybe you were joking about the crown & coke, but I am seriously looking for a way to take the edge off the pain for my next treatment. There's a restaurant with a bar in the same shopping center and I am totally down for some day drinking if it'll keep the pain at bay. Did it really help? And how many shots of Crown were in your drink?

I really hope to see good results from the IPL. I've had 8 hair removal treatments now (7 Lumenis + 1 at the local IPL place). I thought it would only take 6-8 to be totally bare, so I'm not super happy that I'm still going through the pain and expense. 

amblrgirltx@gmail.com

Angeline
  • CallmeCatCallmeCat DownsouthSilver Member Posts: 236
    @amblrgirl I am not sure what kind of machine they are using where I go I will have to ask. As for your question did I think the drink helped,  yes I felt way more relaxed talked more and it wasover before I knew it. I drank a double shot drink but I will drink it a little sooner before the next go around. The back side didn't really bother me but the lower region of the girly bits felt like a frigging hot match when they zapped it. So yea I get the f bomb!
    I am hoping I see alot more improvement by the time I hit 6 treatments.
    Yes, the girl who did the IPL said I could use Lidocaine, but we needed to be sure to wash it all off right before the treatment because it could spark?!? 

Not sure I want risk that, but I'm all for a couple shots of tequila. 

I did find a medspa that has a lightsheer laser and they say they use a numbing cream. I may need to call them when I finish this IPL Groupon.
    amblrgirltx@gmail.com

maverickAngeline
  • maverickmaverick Member Posts: 471
    benzocaine may work even better.  I think the highest concentration OTC that I found at walgreens was a wart cream.
    amblrgirl