Pen_and_Sword's MAP

Comments

• RayRay Northwest USASilver Member Posts: 615
    @Pen_and_Sword do you know your T levels?  I'm in a very similar situation that I've mused about in my gold MAP thread.  I, too, decided that I may be responsive but I'm also carefully monitoring my T.  I'm not deathly low but I'm certainly not optimal.  The thing is, I don't want to be responsive and I'm currently working with an endocrinologist, targeting thyroid function first and then perhaps TRT.  

It's something to think about.  I would recommend getting your T tested to at least form a baseline.  
  • BlueWolfBlueWolf The grasslandsSilver Member Posts: 606
    @Pen_and_Sword   I can really relate to that. My flavours are like yours. Verkar much responsive and I prefer to be dominant in bed, but I also like some sensual flavour added sometimes.  And yes it seems to have that effect on everyday life as you describe for me as well. In mycket case it is both att curse and a blessing. I have considered the possibility of low The but doft believe that's the case,  havent tested though. It is a realised pain to get a test were I live and so mandra other signal of good T levels shows in my daily life som I have ruled that out for now att least.  

"The male lion doesn't get pissy." Tennee        

"In the middle of winter I at last discovered that there was in me an invincible summer."  A.Camus

"Be the change you want!" Forum-wisdom

Pen_and_Sword
  • BlueWolfBlueWolf The grasslandsSilver Member Posts: 606
    edited October 13
    Sorry for the bad spelling, blaming my stupid tablet for that....

"The male lion doesn't get pissy." Tennee        

"In the middle of winter I at last discovered that there was in me an invincible summer."  A.Camus

"Be the change you want!" Forum-wisdom

• monkeydogmonkeydog KansasSilver Member Posts: 415
    I am the opposite. I am totally horny, 24-7. I'm 49. I could fuck 2x a day, easy. This may be why mrs. Monkey is like a deer in headlights. I am initiating all the time and she's like a deer in headlights. Not really working, but I am pushing on.
  • Pen_and_SwordPen_and_Sword USASilver Member Posts: 469
    Thanks, @Ray - I don't know my levels but, like @BlueWolf, I have enough reasons to believe they're not the issue. 

And yeah, @monkeydog, I get it. You and most other guys. :) Many days, I could go for 2x a day also - during the day, if something stressful didn't turn me off. It doesn't take much more than a glimpse of something hot to get me going. But without that glimpse, it's less likely the engine will fire up. 

My wife has made comments to the effect that I always want sex, except when I don't. This probably reflects cycles when I'm stressed and tired enough that I don't have the energy to fire us both up, for as long as a couple weeks at a time. 

However, as @Athol_Kay says, "The bull doesn't complain that the cow didn't initiate." If I find myself opening the fridge, I'll probably eat something even if I wasn't really hungry before-hand. If I develop a habit of appreciating and cultivating sexy interactions, I'll probably find myself "hungry" more often.

My current challenge is to settle this as a long-term, Outcome Independent habit of enjoyment for it's own sake, without using outside sources. (I've determined they're a short-term gain, long-term loss proposition.) It may be part of the Chain of Seduction, but I almost need to think of it as a separate entity - an ends unto itself, or I fail to be OI. This is something @Angeline has said more than once about drive-bys, so maybe I'm just starting to understand the role they have to play in my own life.
    "James Bond doesn't have bad days."  - Tennee
    "The goal is to turn women on, NOT sex. If you become good at turning women on, sex can be assumed." - Tanooki
    Triage: http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13564/so-this-is-me
    M.A.P. - http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13574/pen-and-swords-map
    Mjolnir
  • RayRay Northwest USASilver Member Posts: 615
    edited October 14
    I hear you and it's entirely possible T is not an issue for you.  But, information is power and T levels should be part of annual blood work, in my opinion, as part of baselining and trending, just like cholesterol and glucose.  For the record my T levels were <500 last year and I could still sexually perform at the drop of a hat...I've never experienced an ED episode.  But, my overall libido was low enough that I became concerned.
    amblrgirlAngeline
  • amblrgirlamblrgirl ATXSilver Member Posts: 1,328
    edited October 14
    I think it's worth getting tested. It's good information for you to have, and it's easy to get. You don't even need to see a doctor or get a doctor's order for the test. There are clinics that will do the test and email you the results within a few days. All you have to do is call and tell them you want the test. I think many of them will even do it for walk-ins (but you probably won't have to wait as long if you call ahead and make an appointment.)

ETA: My husband did one like this. $79, quick & easy. https://www.anylabtestnow.com/tests/testosterone-blood-test/
    amblrgirltx@gmail.com
    Fitocracy: atxchick

Enneagram 6w5, married to a 5
    Ray
    edited November 2
    Monkey Report:

It seems to take me 2 weeks+ to really work through a set of monkeys and think about new ones. But I hit all the ones above, and will probably recycle them for what's left of this week.

Next up, analysis from my bonus monkey. 
    "The goal is to turn women on, NOT sex. If you become good at turning women on, sex can be assumed." - Tanooki
    Triage: http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13564/so-this-is-me
    M.A.P. - http://marriedmansexlife.vanillaforums.com/discussion/13574/pen-and-swords-map
    [Deleted User]nubby
    edited November 7
    I don't think I've mentioned this on the forum before, but since about a year ago, every couple months I've cycled through 1-3 weeks at a time where I have nightmares every night in which I try very hard to handle (imaginary) logistical or relational issues, and somehow make things very much worse. They're dreams, so they don't completely make sense, but they are so vivid that I wake up under a cloud, with a vague feeling of guilt and the sense that I suck at life.

Then I have to force myself through the crap feelings. I sometimes catch myself wondering, "Why do I feel like it's been a bad day?" and there's no answer except for the nightmares. 

Weird, right? Still, I think I'm handling them pretty well. I've told my wife it happens, but I think I've mentioned it three times at the most, never complaining or acting weak.

Anyway, last night I got a text from the dysfunctional former mentor I've talked about, and when DW said she was sorry I had to deal with him, I said it was ok, that I've been having the nightmares, wondered if I should reach out to him in some way, and had decided against it. I figured it was better if he was the one reaching out to me.

DW got worried, and asked me a couple times if I was ok. She pointed out that part of the reason our (collective) relationship was so toxic is that, he (and sometimes his wife) treated her worse than they treated me, but I cared more about his approval than DW's feelings. She's not wrong, and no wonder she becomes afraid if I start ruminating on it again.

CMN for sure, and not news, but it was a good reminder that I have to stay strong on this one.

It IS hard sometimes to remember that the same wannabe mentor who generally tries to be encouraging to me almost always acts grumpy about everything DW says, when he's not pointedly ignoring her presence. Her personality really rubs him the wrong way, and he's kind of an asshole to anyone he doesn't understand.

I really seem to have a blind spot here. I should feel more naturally angry and protective of her, but the emotions aren't there. Anyway, it was an insightful moment last night, and will go on my list of monkeys (coming soon) for the next 10 days or so.

Like_WaterCartB4Horse
  • TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    Outstanding my Brother.
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    BlueWolfRorschachfordsvt
    Thanks, @Tennee.

I once read somewhere that good sex doesn't make a good marriage, but it's a sign of one. Encouraged by that thought.
    TenneeBlueWolfCartB4Horse
    edited November 21

Previous MONKEYS:

1. Take every leadership opportunity offered (make decisions when asked); focus on leading with positive energy at mealtimes, bedtime, and chore-time.

DONE-ish. 

See, this is what I get for sneaking two monkeys under one heading. The first bit, taking leadership opportunities, is really close to being a permanent habit. I even pulled my 6 yr old DS aside once and told him that when a lady (Mom for now) asks him to make a choice, they're asking him to be a leader, and it's most attractive to pick something instead of saying, "I don't care." 

The bringing energy at family times is going better, but not as well as I'd like. Being down with a cold for four days didn't help at all. 

2. Talk freely about "smart stuff" - reading, writing, music, work, etc.

DONE.

Officially accepted a side-hustle as Managing Editor of a niche online magazine. The extra income will move the needle a little, but the whole thing is much more of a morale booster.

3. Display mental toughness regarding former mentor, and provide ample Relationship Comfort to DW.

DONE! 

4. Be a funny, outrageous flirt, initiate (even on yellow) at least once

NOPE.

I um... flirted with this one, but being sick plus some work stress kept me down. And wife wasn't feeling great, so even the itiation didn't happen. I think that at this stage of life, we're a quality-over-quantity sex couple, and we're both pretty happy this way, 'cause the quality is super high. That's part of why I groaned when I saw someone's comment about "sex is always better at the beginning," on Middle Man's thread. "Always" is never accurate. ;-) BUT it's on me to make sure that our frequency doesn't slide too far. This monkey is going back on the board.

monkeydogTenneeSignorePillolaRossaMrsJon
  • fordsvtfordsvt Canada Eh!Silver Member Posts: 2,300
    Nice work @Pen_and_Sword.  Sexy wear and heels on th bed says you're doing something very well.  I've found over time less pressure for sex on her allows her to think more freely.  I think most men here could go every day.  Most women not even close.  
    Pick your spots and do drive bys all the time.  Don't talk abit sex.  Just do it and go for it without pressure and talking.  

Into Phase 3..

Those Who Dare......Win.   "What gives you fear today...Gives you Strength tomorrow.."

Previous MONKEYS:

1. Lead with positive energy at mealtimes, bedtime, and chore-time. Give kids a break from constant lecturing - not every moment has to be a teachable moment. Too much can be harmful.

Meh. Hit and miss, and lots of miss. I've been tired, craving peace, quiet, and alone time. LOTS of alone time. It's hard to manufacture something like cheerful energy. I think preparation will be important. And I need to make this goal SMARTer.

2. Be a funny, outrageous flirt, initiate (even on yellow) at least once.

See above, and add wife being sick often, and I just didn't get this done. I think there were good moments, and I had very few full frame-fails, but no progress, yaknow?

3. Facing a full/busy couple of weeks. Be present where you are; do the next right thing.

This was apparently not specific and measurable enough to help. I survived, but I need to get some juice flowing in the near future. If I did a full MAP analysis, you could see that everything green stayed green or drifted yellow, and everything yellow stayed yellow. To re-start momentum, I think consistent preparation will be important.