Enneagram Thread

Comments

• RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    @signorepillolarossa Do this one instead: 

it doesn't have questions - more like a likert scale.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test-2.php
    Hmm. That one had me down as a type 1w9.

Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
  • AngelineAngeline planting seedsCategory Moderator** Posts: 14,501
    Grrrr. I always get these almost even and conflicting results.

You are most likely a type 1 or 5.
    Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6 or 6w5.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.(Note that your lowest scores may be omitted.)

Type 5 - 10
    Type 1 - 10
    Type 6 - 9.7
    Type 3 - 8.7
    Type 7 - 8
    Type 2 - 7.1

Wing 5w6 - 14.9
    Wing 6w5 - 14.7
    Wing 1w2 - 13.9
    Wing 6w7 - 13.7
    Wing 7w6 - 12.9
    Wing 2w1 - 12.7
    Wing 3w2 - 12.6
    Wing 2w3 - 12.1
    Wing 1w9 - 11.7
    Wing 5w4 - 11.4
    Wing 3w4 - 10.1
    Wing 7w8 - 9.5

"Speak your truth." - Scarlet
    Remember to play!
    Do the right thing, whether anyone is watching or not.
    Be married, until you are not.

Email address: angeline.greenwood@att.net
  • KattKatt USASilver Member Posts: 4,554
    3w2 here.  I have diagnosed my husband as a 6w7, since, as I mentioned in the OT thread, he was not particularly receptive to the idea of taking the test.   The descriptions are pretty on pointe for both of us and the info about how the types relate to each other seems accurate too.   So maybe he's a "type" and not just a weirdo after all ;).   Very interesting stuff!    
    [Deleted User]
  • HildaCornersHildaCorners Winter? You call *that* winter?Gold Women Posts: 3,377
    I am about as classic a 5w4 as they come.

That surprised me, as the MBTI doesn't work for me at all ... on that I score 90$ I, and 45-55% everything else. "Are you a visual thinker or verbal?" Uh ... both. But I could be the female textbook example for 5w4.

Right now, it's mostly a "nice to know", but I'm not sure how useful it is since I'm not in a relationship.

Off to watch some more web design online courses ... web design is an ideal 5w4 career.

Enneagram 5w4.  I'm researching what that means, before designing t-shirt art about it.

"I feel no shame in making lavish use of the strongest muscles, namely male ones (but my own strongest muscle is dedicated to the service of men - noblesse oblige). I don't begrudge men one whit of their natural advantages as long as they respect mine. I am not an unhappy pseudomale; I am female and like it that way." RAH
    Smashmaster
  • redheaded_womanredheaded_woman USASilver Member Posts: 4,739
    @chief_TC Yes, that whole "unsolicited advice" thing. LOL

It's something I'm cognizant of bc I don't want to be a "nag".  But, he takes care of shit so I don't feel like it's a big thing
    here.

Both my SILs are like that...It's constant and annoying. They both treat their husbands like an additional child.

"Fuck yesterday, make tomorrow awesome." - Tennee
    [Deleted User]
    Hub took it: he's a 5 and I'm guessing a 4 wing.
    Hahahahaha LMAO:

from the 2 & 5 relationship description:

"It is hard to know what pleases Fives which makes Twos only try harder. Twos bring to the relationship a willingness to take the initiative and to pursue the Five—to be the first one to call or to ask for a date, no matter which gender they are."

It's like they live at my house!!
    KattforestleafEliseSmashmaster
    Katt said:
    3w2 here.  I have diagnosed my husband as a 6w7, since, as I mentioned in the OT thread, he was not particularly receptive to the idea of taking the test.   The descriptions are pretty on pointe for both of us and the info about how the types relate to each other seems accurate too.   So maybe he's a "type" and not just a weirdo after all ;).   Very interesting stuff!    
    Riding to and from our 4th of July activities gave me time to read up... I am totally sold on him being a 6, but he has some 5w and some 7w characteristics.   So 6w???   Or maybe a wingless 6 LOL.   The 3 and 6 relationship description is creepily accurate.   Pretty fascinating...
  • RebornReborn LondonGold Men Posts: 2,987
    Yeah, the 5-8 relationship description is weirdly accurate for me and my ex.
    And basically it seems to say we work really well together (which IMO is true) but if there is a glitch, we can basically stop communicating altogether, and not be able to recover from that situation. 
    Enneagram type 5 w6. 
    If I offer lots of advice, it's probably really me giving advice to myself. That always seems to happen. 
  • beribbonedberibboned caMember Posts: 359
    I'm a type 6w7 and my husband is type 7w6. The descriptions are pretty accurate.
    Smashmaster
  • ZoroasterZoroaster Silver Member Posts: 735
    Now, this is curious... I score equally high on the short test for categories 5, 6, and 9. Not sure what to make of that.
  • thisisjenthisisjen Silver Member Posts: 1,164
    I cannot figure out what I am!!

ZoroasterPersephone
    edited July 2015
    @Elise said:
    I am diagnosing my H as 6w7. He won't take it either. I am a 2w3. 
    Maybe type 6 guys hate personality tests??? :tongue:     I still haven't settled on mine being a 7 or 5 wing... 
    AngelineElise
  • soa2005soa2005 United statesSilver Member Posts: 631
    edited July 2015
    According to the eclectic energies test I'm a 5w6. According to the similar minds test I'm a 6 and "very unhealthy" lol. In my opinion I match up pretty good with the descriptions of both 5 and six. When my wife took the test awhile back it showed her as a 2 and I thought it was right on.
  • beribbonedberibboned caMember Posts: 359
    I thought reading our types was helpful. My husband as a type 7w6 is always anticipating his next pleasure. He's great at showing approval which I really need as a type 6w7. But it was good to read that no matter how much fun he's having, he's looking for more, and that doesn't mean he's not satisfied with me as a person. Usually I can see this bit it was nice to read.
  • ZoroasterZoroaster Silver Member Posts: 735
    Aha, a bit of clarity... That one has me as a 1 with a 9 wing. I can see that.
    Angelineredheaded_womanPersephone