Dating game?...

underconstructionunderconstruction EnglandMember Posts: 13
Hi guys, I you'll probably know from previous posts I am single, I just want a bit of advice on where I can learn the basics of game (also need to learn comfort building as I tend to swing from beta to a$$hole and nothing in between). But I have been improving how I dress and my fitness over the last couple of weeks, and now want to add some basic game into it too so any advice?

Comments

• TenneeTennee Next Stop: AwesomevilleSilver Member Posts: 5,963
    Get and read the MMSL Primer....
    "Fall down seven times, stand up eight"  Japanese Proverb

How will you live well today?
    elgringoHildaCorners
  • DaddyOhDaddyOh CTGold Men Posts: 1,589
    edited July 2015
    EANx said:
    Read the primer, internalize being outcome independent (OI) and practice talking to women in a low-stress environment.

Confidence and a relaxed attitude are to women what a pretty face and firm tits are to guys.
    Agree.
     SR 6 or lower? It doesn't matter. Just like Allen Iverson "We're talking about practice".
    Use your game. Pay attention to what worked. But the most important thing is OI. 
    When you fail, and you will, just think "There's another one waiting in the wings". 
    Good Luck
    "How vain it is to sit down and write when you have not stood up to live."
    elgringoBlackwulfTennee
  • elgringoelgringo VirginiaMember Posts: 71
    Hi. I'm newly back in the dating game. I read the mmsl primer, the mindful attraction plan and no more Mr. Nice guy. I'm in decent shape after working out and using good nutrition, and this has boosted my mood and confidence. And practice makes perfect. I have only been on a few dates but I don't get nervous before a date because I'm there to have a good time and I'm thinking about whether she is good for me and not trying to impress her. Happy hunting!
    TenneeDaddyOh
  • spankyspanky Flying around Silver Member Posts: 2,267
  • BenBen Silver Member Posts: 3,651
    Besides the MMSL Primer, Models by Mark Manson is pretty good, as is The Mating Grounds podcast, which has a book coming out later this year.  Neither one is perfect and neither one has all the answers (no one source ever does), so keep your Critical Thinking Hat on.

---

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • dalefdalef Silver Member Posts: 1,963
    I like girlschase.com; even has a lot of advice on how to improve yourself in non-romantic situations.
  • RemusRemus NY,NYSilver Member Posts: 382
    Other than reading the MMSL and this site,  did very little to develop 'game'.  To me the key was building confidence in myself through my MAP.  That and starting to pay attention to how the 'new me' drew different reactions from people than the old me.  When I finally started going on dates, I started coming to the realization that on every date, 'I' was the one who was deciding on whether there'd be a 2nd, not the other person.  'Game' is nice, but being your best self is even better.
    Angeline
  • BenBen Silver Member Posts: 3,651
    If things like understanding gender dynamics and understanding that most women expect the man to (or at least are more attracted to men who will) take the lead when it comes to initiating / isolating / escalating / etc. count as "Game," then I think it has a multiplicative effect with more general self-improvement stuff.  Both together will get you much farther than one alone.

---

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    AngelineBlackwulf
  • TheLoneWandererTheLoneWanderer Vault 101Silver Member Posts: 106
    The first step to developing any kind of game is building your self-confidence to irrational levels.  This will affect everything that you do.

Develop an abundance mentality.  There are plenty of fish in the sea.  

Honestly,  I couldn't see getting nervous about a date any more.  There are lots of women out there.  If you want to get laid it's probably easier right now than getting a woman to commit,  as long as you know what to look for. 

If you want an LTR,  then you'll be more invested and want to pile on the Beta.  Don't do that. You're better off with Alpha behaviour. 

Be bold.  It's better to be bold and talk your way out of it with more boldness than to negotiate from a point of weakness. 

I find that just saying hi is enough to brighten a woman up if she's scowling.  

If someone asks about your day,  respond with something out of the ordinary like "extraordinary." it's a conversation starter. 

Wear some cool accessories.  I've got some cool shoes that look like they belong to a Columbian drug Lord and a watch that's a mirror until you push a button the side and they both generate interest. Women notice that stuff. 

Angeline
  • elgringoelgringo VirginiaMember Posts: 71
    One other thing, date multiple women. It is a more efficient way to meet someone you really click with and its good practice. Plus it takes the pressure off when you have other dates lined up. I have been having success lining up dates with OKCupid and Plenty of Fish. I have dates with 3 different women this week and a fourth in the wings. Be prepared to send out alot of messages because most do not respond. 
    DaddyOh